Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Came across this footage, anyone ever play this game? It quite literally looks like DMC3 with a Ghost Rider skin.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Ghost Rider Empty Re: Ghost Rider Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:00 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Yeh this game is pretty sick especially for a license title, it's based on God of War more so than DMC, it's fairly compenetent too, it even has a mechanic where you have to get a high style rank to harm foes, something dmc should have always had if you ask me(something to keep from DmC). I haven't played it.

It's does it's own thing for it's plot, loosely based in the film and comics I think. It's one of those license games that's actually good like the wolverine origins:uncaged edition game(also styled after GOW).

You can unlock a costume to play as blade too, he has a unique fighting style and can drain life from foes.

Last edited by Gabriel Phelan Lucas on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total

3Ghost Rider Empty Re: Ghost Rider Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Definitely getting DMC3 and GoW vibes. I tend to avoid these movie games like the plague though. Is this actually based on the movie or is it just a random Ghost Rider game?

4Ghost Rider Empty Re: Ghost Rider Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:19 am

MDP

MDP
D-Rank

made a review on this one...besides van helsing, this might be my favorite movie based game. so good

5Ghost Rider Empty Re: Ghost Rider Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:47 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Didn't know you had a channel, looking good! Pretty fun to see so many mechanics combined into a single game. Blocking to absorb reminds me of Onimusha, which is pretty sweet. Can you do something with the Souls too outside of absorbing them, like use them to charge attacks or something (i.e. like essence).

Some animations are really funny, one is literally a copy pasted animation of GoW's Spirit of Hercules attack.

6Ghost Rider Empty Re: Ghost Rider Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:52 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

The game looks surprisingly good! Thanks for the review, always good to see lesser known titles get some exposure.

There are a few funky looking movie tie-in action games between this, Van Helsing, that Matrix game (Path of Neo maybe?) and Stranglehold (if you want to count that). There's loads of tie-in games, so gotta be a few gems amongst them...

7Ghost Rider Empty Re: Ghost Rider Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:48 pm

MDP

MDP
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Didn't know you had a channel, looking good! Pretty fun to see so many mechanics combined into a single game. Blocking to absorb reminds me of Onimusha, which is pretty sweet. Can you do something with the Souls too outside of absorbing them, like use them to charge attacks or something (i.e. like essence).

Some animations are really funny, one is literally a copy pasted animation of GoW's Spirit of Hercules attack.

Gregorinho wrote:The game looks surprisingly good! Thanks for the review, always good to see lesser known titles get some exposure.

There are a few funky looking movie tie-in action games between this, Van Helsing, that Matrix game (Path of Neo maybe?) and Stranglehold (if you want to count that). There's loads of tie-in games, so gotta be a few gems amongst them...

Oh yeah they totally ripped GOW no question Laughing I think I am glad they did to tbh.

Path of neo huh? I heard its way better than enter the matrix so I'll have to check that out. Constantine is another good one I hear.

8Ghost Rider Empty Re: Ghost Rider Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:17 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Path of Neo is really neat..and weird. It has a really funky grapple system and some super wonky slomo. The hitdetection is absolutely hilarious tho.

9Ghost Rider Empty Re: Ghost Rider Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:57 pm

MDP

MDP
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Path of Neo is really neat..and weird. It has a really funky grapple system and some super wonky slomo. The hitdetection is absolutely hilarious tho.

aw man! also about the asorbing of souls, yeah you use it refill your spirit and demon gauge and also for the souls currency for upgrades

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum