You are not connected. Please login or register

PGA Tour 2k21

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PGA Tour 2k21 Empty PGA Tour 2k21 Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:05 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Was in the mood to try out a sports game, and while I was browsing EB games, I spotted it on the shelf. I admit that the aesthetic was what really got me interested in playing it, since it was unlike any other sports game that I had ever seen.

PGA Tour 2k21 Fg7u6E7

I was also curious about that M-Rating that it had, since an M-Rated sports game is something I’ve never heard of before.

I don’t really play sports games, but I must admit that mechanically, it’s not at all what I expected. For some reason, you’re given a whole bunch of guns, and all manner of everyday objects to use, and I don’t really know what all that has to do with golf. Zombies, cults, and militias also somehow get involved in this, and they’re the other players. Maybe this is how they play golf in another country, or something. Who knows.

What’s also pretty unexpected is how much emphasis this game puts on the story. It’s one of the weirdest sports stories I’ve ever seen. Seeing players split up into factions, and murderizing each other isn’t what I’m used to when it comes to golf. Interesting bit of worldbuilding in the story that I found was that what we recognize as golf clubs are what they recognize as torture devices. Culture shock is a hell of a thing. I will admit that it's above average for an average AAA game, although that bar's ankle-high at best. Not what I expected from a sports game.

Guess I’ll do my best to talk about some neat mechanics in the game.

- You can feed human players, and certain zombie types to other zombies. It’s useful for saving ammo, and I’m guessing this is something that they do to other players in whatever version of golf this is based on. I think to some degree, the zombies are an allegory for rabid fans.
- Speaking of rabid fans, zombies can sometimes have their legs blown off, and yet will still crawl around, trying to grab you. So this is what golf players have to deal with.
- Melee weapons have a special mechanic called “Hole-in-One” where they sometimes instakill the other player. I’m not sure how to activate this. Might be random, but I also might have to improve my stroke game.
- Locational damage on other players exists: You can shoot them in the leg to trip them. Lets you set zombies up for a curbstomp, and hole-in-ones for humans. Not very sportsmanlike to intentionally inflict career-ending injuries on other players.
- Certain zombies, of course, see through your attempts to end their careers via headshots, and thus can take a few. Which is where locational damage is REALLY helpful. Maybe that rabid fan allegory is falling apart…
- Certain human players also wear helmets, because they know how competitive golf is, and how competitive its playerbase is

Will try to keep you guys posted on more mechanics.

april fools. but yes, i am indeed going to use this thread to talk about mechanics for a naughty dog game. goddamn, this was a lame joke.

2PGA Tour 2k21 Empty Re: PGA Tour 2k21 Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:43 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You cheeky fucker.

Well to double down on it: I actually put in a bit run work in the first title if you can believe it. Beat it on the highest setting and did a melee-only and a pistol-only run (with some run exceptions). Would you believe me if I said the "brick" was the most broken weapon in that game? Massive damage, i.frames on the swing, ranged OHKO, melee OHKO against humanoids (but breaks). It was hilarious when I figured it out since this super atmospheric stealth/action hybrid game became a game of Joel running in circles scavanging for bricks in the battlefield haha.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3PGA Tour 2k21 Empty Re: PGA Tour 2k21 Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:21 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I was really hoping you were going to talk about what the putting mechanics were like Sad

4PGA Tour 2k21 Empty Re: PGA Tour 2k21 Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

This is that muscle man game right? Heard about this.

5PGA Tour 2k21 Empty Re: PGA Tour 2k21 Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:36 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

>putting mechanics

I DID talk about putting in this game. It's just that instead of putting balls, you're putting skulls. It's really not far off from real golf when you think about it; Sometimes, it takes several strokes to get it into the hole, and other times, it's a hole in one. And other times, you get so mad that your stroke game is off, that you end up breaking your club while hitting it against other people.

6PGA Tour 2k21 Empty Re: PGA Tour 2k21 Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:43 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I actually laughed. Well done.

7PGA Tour 2k21 Empty Re: PGA Tour 2k21 Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:59 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Just beat the giant golf ball boss. It keeps rolling at you, and is also able to throw chemical weapons at you. Actually was pretty tense, since I was pretty low on ammo for that segment, and the outer shell of the thing is pretty damn hard. Managed to punch a few holes into it with the rifle, and the hunting pistol, and finished it off by melting it with the flamethrower. I don't know what this thing was made out of, but that has to be the toughest urethane ever to be manufactured.

My guess is that this thing was something that was being used to try and sabotage other players by replacing their golf balls with it, but was made tournament-illegal. Think about it. It's heavy, meaning that no one's gonna be hitting it very far, it throws toxic gas at you to mess up your concentration, and it rips your limbs off, making sure that you can't even hit it in the first place.

now, uh, time for real talk: i honestly enjoy playing this more than the new god of war. conclude from that what you will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum