Itagaki forms new studio

+4
5does
GodModeGOD
Royta/Raeng
TheFirmament1
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Itagaki forms new studio Empty Itagaki forms new studio Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:36 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

2Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Somewhat surprised by this still, but really excited. I know he's had his missers, but Itagaki is one of the few directors that still has the 'PS2 era' mindset. Looking forward to what he'll make!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:32 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

He needs a good team. I'll wait to see him establish this studio with a decent title coming out (rather than crashing and burning). I share no such hope for success, but I'd like to see the faith on display rewarded. May it, at least, prove true he hasn't been corrupted with age.

4Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:30 am

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

I stopped following gaming news months ago(the industry is dead) but these are good news.

I don't know what hope is anymore but let's see how it turns out.

5Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:20 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Will be interesting if he ends up getting published by Nintendo again. I don't think Microsoft is looking for a straight-forward single player experience (i.e. action game) now that they are heavily promoting GamePass. Now considering that Devil's Third was built for multiplayer, I can see successful results if Microsoft offered him publishing for that type of repeat performance, granted they'd have to be hands-off like they were in 2002 and not how they were in 2008 trying to enforce Kinect on games. Itagaki's gonna need way better character design than he chose for DT, particularly referring to the boxart, if he wants to get people interested.

Last edited by vert1 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:42 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I was smiling while I read those two links. I can't wait to see what he makes.

7Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:10 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I agree he'd need a good team. Considering his legacy I hope this won't be a problem, especially since he was a game-design teacher so he might even just surround himself with his students. My biggest hope is that he'll just finally be able to make a game without external factors crippling the game. His last 5 games were plagued by issues as such.

Dead or Alive 4 was rushed out the door by management at threat of loss of bonus (which they never got anyway). Ninja Gaiden II was crippled by a rushed development cycle under the same threat which led to Itagaki leaving as well as most of the staff. Code Chronos was canceled as a result of him leaving. Devil's Third had probably the most cursed development since Duke Nukem Forever thanks to Microsoft ditching them, them being partnered up with THQ months before the studio went bankrupt etc. And then he advised on Samurai Jack which was a licenced title which probably also had the development time of a fan-film.

So yeah, just hope he gets time and a decent budget.

> microsoft and gamepass
Good call and I agree with it, though it might be fitting together with their recent strategy to make certain big hitters exclusive i.e. Elder Scrolls 6.

8Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:35 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>keeps getting screwed over
Hate to see it. I recall my pain with GoW:A (executive mandates) even before Nu-GoW's betrayal. Or SWFU2 (Lucas fucking things up one last time before selling out).

9Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:33 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I had more fun playing Devil's Third than I have most recent triple A open world games.

Roy you should spam his facebook and try to get a stinger interview. Would love to hear what his actual involvement in SJ was.

10Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Fun fact I actually one time on a ... not so sober night called the Valhalla office to schedule an interview with Itagaki. They actually were going to look into it (they were scarily forthcoming), but he left the studio a few days later so I never heard from them again. Maybe I should look to Suntory again for liquid courage.

11Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:22 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>liquid courage
Roy, pls.

12Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:10 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>They actually were going to look into it (they were scarily forthcoming)

This doesn't surprise me. Everyone trashed DT and they were probably happy for the press.

13Itagaki forms new studio Empty Re: Itagaki forms new studio Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:30 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

>liquid courage

You want me to call him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum