You are not connected. Please login or register

My GoW 3 NUR

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My GoW 3 NUR Empty My GoW 3 NUR Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:43 am

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Finally managed to play this game and I really liked it so I decided to start a NUR. Nothing special, no weapon/health/magic upgrades and no rage of the spartans. I'll still use all the weapons and the items as they make the combat way more fun. I'll probably also post the run on Youtube but I wanted to have a log here on the forum. Also I'm still fairly new to the series so every tip,trick or tech is welcomed.

For now I just killed Hades, so the limitations still don't make any difference. Not a bad boss fight but a bit too easy, actually made it a lot harder for myself during my first 2 runs as I didn't realize you could block all the floating heads and the ghost cerberus. It's shame that after the first phase it just becomes a setpiece and nothing more, I would have preferred another phase or two. Next interesting point will probably be the fight in front of the gate of Olympia, I arleady know those dogs will be a pain. My plan is to control the grunts with plume, take care of the dogs asap and then go for ring outs, but will see how it'll go once I reach it.

I have to say, NUR or not, the game is really really fun, I love the new addition to the combat and the new weapons. For now I'll say it's my second favourite after 1.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWlmU4vDpbsx6v7TMfgtyQ?

2My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:54 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Grabs and Ram, those two will see you through. Doing s,t or T to launch into an air-to-ground grab to slam them into other foes is great for crowd control and bonus damage, let alone ring-outs. The ram is great for i.frames and taking care of the trash. Fantastic combat system.

Don't ignore regular grabs on the puppies either.

GoW3 is excellent imo, I know some of the vets tend to dislike its higher emphasis on setpieces and some of the more questionable additions, but things like the air dash really add to the overal experience. Game is also quite brutal.

If you want you can contact SBK on Gamefaqs for a run-critique and some basic advice. GodmodeGod is also very available (and has an account here), but he's pretty hardcore. If you're up for it though he's a wealth of information unrivaled in the community.

Fun fact: the game is actually just an expansionpack for GoWII. When making the game they ported over GoWII to the PS3 and went to work. This is one of the reasons why they managed to make the game so fast. Pretty cool.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:39 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

I got interested in the series thanks to you guys talking about here in the forum (and your GoW 1 Pain run which made me realize how fun the combat system can be) so I know how strong and useful grabs and collision damage can be. The Ram is kinda overpowered for how much iframes it has and how much damage it does, but it's a ton of fun to just demolish crowds with it.

I agree that the game is a bit too cinematic at times (the walk&talk run in the end before killing Zeus is terrible) but it's so fun I can accept. Also most setpieces are at the end of fights so it's annoying bur bearable. The biggest flaw of the game (and the series imo) are the bossfights. I find 90% of them really boring as, considering how strong blocking is and how simple patterns are, they usually devolve into mashing square and blocking outside of some exceptions. I'd have love to see more fights that utilize minions like the Hercules one, the combat system is at its best in crow fights where you can use colission, ring outs and all the other crow controls options and 1v1 feel boring in comparison.

I had no idea they used GoW II as a base, that's really interesting I don't think many more games have been developed like that.

Royta/Raeng wrote:
If you want you can contact SBK on Gamefaqs for a run-critique and some basic advice. GodmodeGod is also very available (and has an account here), but he's pretty hardcore. If you're up for it though he's a wealth of information unrivaled in the community.

I'll definetly talk to them when I have some time, it seems I'll need to unearth my old GameFaqs account lol.

4My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

If you're posting it on Youtube I can link it to both if you want, GMG especially prefers commenting on Youtube iirc.

Cool to hear my PAIN run inspired you man, seriously. The more people learn to experience the fun of GoW propper, fantastic.
That run was so much fun for the most part, the game just has such a fantastic combat system and I will forever be grateful to SBK and GMG for helping me see it in more detail. My first NUR was an absolute mess in GoW1 haha.

> boss fights
Agreed. I find the 'minibosses' like the breeders in GoW1 to just be a lot more interesting, or the breeder dog in GoW3 miniboss. There's just a lot more going on there than simple pattern recognition. That said things like Magic, Metermanagement and using certain tricks to keep your dps going do make the bosses more interesting than they initially appear, but I agree it is a weakness (also in the genre at large at times I feel).

5My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:24 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:If you're posting it on Youtube I can link it to both if you want, GMG especially prefers commenting on Youtube iirc.

Definetly link it to them, I'm always open to suggestions and some tech explanation, if they have the time to spare.

Regarding bosses, I can agree that is kinda of a genre wide problem, they could use a bit more innovation as most of them focus on 1v1 duels that don't always use or reinforce the core mechanics (or are just gimmicks). It's one of the reason I'd like the idea behind the Icon of Sin in Doom Eternal, even if the fights itself is not that well implemented.
There are also some great example tho, NGB, DM3 and God Hand have some amazing fights, arguably some of the best in the genre.

6My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:17 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Tai: >starting a NUR
>no rage
Not that the mechanic is a huge boon in this outing (rather lackluster, but has small value here and there as a crutch), but extra conditions slapped on for giggles tend to be discouraged (like how Shin and others used to just say it had to be No Damage, No MP, etc.).  I see no notation about it being VH, but I assume that is the case.

>every tip, trick or tech
That's a big ask.  For glitches, I'd refer to the Glitch FAQ (and my personal playlists) by AKheon if you're into that. For speedrunning, there is a site I can link to with some okay showings to that end.  My territory is more challenge runs (for the tactics and exploits related to them).  My run coverage is plentiful if you wish to peruse them in advance.  Before I really get started, I would want to know your preferences.  By the sounds of it, you may well welcome having the advance, but perhaps you also like some measure of leeway to find your own way (not just choosing to look over suggestions, give them a go and cherry pick *if not finding your own way until actually troubled*).

>don't make any difference
Only a small one as with not having lvl2+ BoE for the advantage of killing slightly faster and Argo's Ram for interrupting his S2P1 (second round of 1v1 in the open where he starts using the 3string with an unblockable ender).  Easy enough to guess at what you end up doing (and I would ask, but you have videos, so I'll find out in due time).  Bow spam is pretty common for VH NUR+ as it is a pretty competent tool for safe range chipping.  Probably not so much working his hips for the semi-sweet spot (mostly safe place to do battle from).  Maybe in PAIN/PAIN+, eh?

>didn't realize you could block X
Roy's heard me comment plenty on this (and it became part of his article).

>another phase or so
These claws took the place of his bident for the GoW version, but they don't really do anything with his helm (supposed to grant invisibility).  For the lord of the underworld who commands souls (even legions of undead with how GoW handles things), he sure didn't do a good job calling them to his aid even towards the end (very weak resistance *even the souls he pulled up were lacking*).  Where are the ferocious spirits from AoH (GoW1)?  Those pathetic skulls are about as threatening as the lame flicks if GoWII's BH.  They don't even measure up to the fireball pressure Ares2 offers up.

Mind you, a similar grievance could be said for many (Poseidon, for instance, didn't even get a fight outside his liquid mecha *nice take on a Hippocampus, but his Trident really didn't get to show off the earthquakes it is known for*).  Skorpius shouldn't have even been in the damn game.  A pity to have lost Argus (and Stheno *costing us the chance to get at least an item version of petrification if not another weapon like her brass claws having that mechanic tied into them if only as a MAX perk and spell*) for that garbage (especially with the horrid execution and contemptible lack of prize power from victory *just key items, not able to use the Liquid Fire or Boreas Whatever as new Items*).  But enough of that rambling (for now).

>set piece
More that he becomes an overly simple environmental boss after having just been a damned mini-game (tug-of-war).

>next interesting fight
I don't have good perspective on this anymore.  I only really expect people to fret over maybe Skorp, Box 7 and HCB.

>Olympia Gate
Meh.  Lots of ways to cheese that one (as I'm sure you'll find).  Might be interesting to see what you come up with after some struggling, but if you want an advance, do say so.  Sometimes you'll be surprised what can be managed if you're thorough (like the centaur bouts shortly after this being subject to ring-out despite it not seeming like it works *clearly not meant to, but it can be made to*).

>new addition
Which one?

>new weapons
They didn't get properly fleshed out (and upgrades are a bit lackluster in most cases).  Making them all chain variants was misguided (in their sad attempt to get casuals to try other things *their best bet was the grossest solution that Onyx is born from*)  More on that later, perhaps.

>plan is tossing out a plume, kicking dogs and trying for ring-outs
Going to need to work on the finer details here (where you'll apply plume and how to set-up that up, when to kick the dogs without false grabbing coming up as an issue, what to kick them at, etc.).  A loose/rough strategy for now.

>second favorite after GoW1
GoWII is tops for combat in the general sense.  GoW1 has some specialized advantages where gameplay is concerned.  GoWIII is pretty far behind in many regards thanks to the main combat devs ducking out (the level of polish is clearly sorely missed as you will come to appreciate in higher runs).

>saw his GoW1 VH PAIN
Then you may be somewhat familiar with what sort of comments I leave.

>BR is OP
It is this fact that was used as an excuse (in the interest of putting the new over the old) to bring an entire system low (not entirely fangless, but definitely dulled).  What a pity that they overcorrected (I sense the hand of the novice wrongfully promoted).

>too cinematic
This is owed to the director that took over after the animation guy left.  This one was responsible for set pieces in his previous job, so that became the big focus (what he knew).

>light attack spam after blocking
Can work in many cases (as with the infamous talk of PoP), but is criminally tedious and slow as compared to good tactics being employed (as with just opting in to zone in DMC with total disregard for ranks *just drop another farmed/grinded Holy Water, bro*).

>boss fights
I imagine this has a lot to do with environmental types (Pandora's Guardian is a pretty notable paper tiger, for instance).

>adds
Not a ton of these cases (and fewer still do them well).

>find your account
May not be necessary.

>explanations
Probably going to need to get to jargon as we go.  The nomenclature, verbiage, etc. of vet talks (so you can understand the evaluations and notes).

>don't always make good use of the systems
Poor traversal (and its combat *GoWIII even improved on the system, but forgot to make combat scenarios to highlight this fact beyond lightly teasing it out of the gate and flirting one last time halfway through as if remembering it existed*).  Barely got a chance to shine.  I would have been cruel to the know-nothings with the most obnoxious gathering of platforming bits for one of the CotG.  Hades would only have been a gentle prodding of the rectum for this sorry lot that couldn't get a handle on navigating traps, hazards and obstacles.

Sugar Ray: >BRBRBR
Spoiler:

>'s,t'
More of a BoA thing where this entry is concerned.  BoE doesn't have classic 'Bravery' (t1).  The quick/slow double hit system is replaced with a medium single.

>air dash
A lovely thing.  Bit of a pity it had to (even with upgrading) lack i-frames (can't even upgrade into gaining attack properties or a follow-up).

>SBK
I wonder if he would be free for that sort of fun.

>expansion pack
Not fully taking advantage of this, I'm afraid.  Petrification got shafted (saved from total failure by a bug *and retention of the always amazing GF*).  Collisions became more interesting only to have their powerful scaling removed.  Such a shame to lose BH and SoD, but for BoO to return in the form it did...Moving on.

>absolute mess
I no longer recall your trials and tribulations.

>HCB
Disgusting.  I don't care much for the design (let alone it being reused from the HC), it standing in for the real deal (still not in GoW), it needing back-up dancers (who themselves need invisible walls *disgusting*), etc.

7My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:23 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Had a couple of long session today and last night and I cleared everything up to (and counting) the Scorpion. Easily the worst boss of the game,everything oneshots you, the little scorpions are a pain the ass, he has some bad hitboxes on his claw, it's long and boring, what a terrible fucking fight. Thank god for the checkpoint at the flying section I got killed there and I was about to break something lol.

I have to say the run is way easier than I thought it would be, not that different than a normal Chaos run. I pretty much had the same difficulty of the normal run, mainly Scorpion and the 7 Cyclops on the box, other than that kinda smooth sailing. Next difficult segments will most ikely be the final gauntlet in the labyrinth and the Cerberus Breeder, but I really love those fight so I don't care even if I have to spend a lot of attempts one them. Difficulty aside, the run has been a ton of fun, all of the inticracies of the system really show up and makes it extemely enjoyable.

For GMG

>Rage
Yeah, it's not that useful in this game, but I wanted to avoid using it 'cause it's iframes make it a bit too easier to crowd control or finish some fights a bit too safely.
I agree that too many limitations just make everything a bit too artificial, not being able to use any of the tools just makes it kinda boring imo, even if more challenging.
Forgot to specify, but yes, it's on Chaos.

>Tips and tricks
I'll definetly check out the faqs and the playlist, don't want use any glitch in this run, but It's always interesting to see what you can do with them. The "infinite air dash" one looks really cool especially (if they haven't fixed it on the ps4 version). I kinda like to make things my way, but I'm not opposed to tips if you have some. That said I prefer learning general tech more than just the entire strategy for a fight (unless I get completely stuck).

>Hades
I used the bow, yeah. I'll probably try to do it without it in a next run, but generally speaking, for bosses, I prefer to be done with them as fast and safely as possible as I don't really like them.

>Olympia
I actually did it first time in the end. Chained plume at the start until the dogs showed up, and then I kited them all back and kicked the dog once they came close (as they are faster than the grunts).

>New addition
The new moveset, new weapons and new items system. Really liked having tools not linked to the mana bar,gives you way more options. The bow is great to keep up dps against stuff like cyclops when you dodge back and the Hermes Boots are amazing, the launch from distance give you even more options on how to approach fights, especially with Satyr or Sirens.
Other than that, the even greater emphasis on grabs and aggressive option, stuff like ram and L1+O. The air dash is amazing too.

>New Weapons
I don't mind them being other type of chains tbh. They could have been more fleshed out as you can still just use the chains for all of the game without any problem (maybe together with the "Gauntlets born from Onyx" Smile)
The Electric Chains are really cool with all the emphasis on air combat, not really something you see in other GoW weapons.

>GoW II
I only did one run and tbh I didn't paticularly like it. Found the pacing worse than 1 and all the copypasted puzzles a bit too annoying. Also, way too many bosses, Theseus especially is a terrible fight on Titan, took way too long and is fucking boring. I'll definetly give it another chance as the combat looks great. Biggest flaw with GoW 3 is that it kinda feel kinda unfinished, the first half of the game is really well designed but Helios it gets worse. A lot of non-boss fights (Helios,Hermes,Cronos), enemy encounters a bit too tame (outside of some exception like the 7 Cyclops, the fights on the bos or the Labyrinth's gauntlets) with a bit too many trash mobs and a bit too few dangerous enemies. Level design is also kinda meh, the Labyrinth is especially disappointing with it being just 3 rooms with extremely easy puzzles.
On the subject of puzzles I find it strange how they never really focused on using enemies together with puzzle like conveyer belt block in GoW 1, or the Elevator with the dogs and the one with the Statue that you need shield the flames in GoW 2. Too many are just too easy and too safe, even having a time limit would have gone a long way to make them more interesting.

>Light attack spam against bosses
The main problem is that blocking is way too strong and positioning is generally not that important because of it.
So even if it's not light attack spam, the defensive options and the simple boss patterns make the fight way too easy and formulaic. I'd loved more fights tha forced you to either dodge, block you guard or made you use othet stuff like the double jump, glide or air dash.
Even the final boss can be easily beaten, by just block,parry,attack as it has only like 2 or so unblockables attack (wich you can easily circumvent with a parry in a normal run).

Last edited by TaiTsurugi on Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

8My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:19 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

God of War 2 is a game that gets more interesting the more you play it imo. My first run through was interesting but didn't scream quality to me compared to GoW1 which I absolutely adored. It isn't until later that it starts to shine more, especially when you start doing Chaos runs or General Kratos NURs from what I know. Game also looks absolutely beautiful. Still prefer the original though, fabulous title.

9My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:39 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Tai: >easily the worst
Agreed.  It only gets worse in more severe runs.  I had a long list of grievances and suggestions for that one in my write-up(s).  Their talk in behind-the-scenes about spending a special amount of time fine tuning it doesn't show at all.  I blame Jason (as usual).  I'll probably go over some of these problems (and suggestions) when the time comes.

>about to break something
You'll have moments like that from time to time.  Some bits just aren't put together all that well and these runs will highlight the flaws you may have been graced with being too strong and blessed with options to suffer before (balanced too heavily around what you're expected to have and not the basics *becomes a big issue in GoW:A*).

>not that much worse
Other than a few areas with small spikes (like Skorpius), yes.

>Chaos
VH, then.  Not big on their dub names (changing without meaning between entries).  What was one setting in X is another in Y (the stats attached to the name aren't the same between the two, so it can create misunderstandings).  Just imagine if GoWII's Titan was actually higher than GoW1's VH.  A VVH.  Then Chaos would be VVH.  With the trend (ignoring new stats) going as it was, VVH carrying over from GoW1 would see our Power go down perhaps as low as 12.5% (from 25% with VVH and 50% with VH of GoW1).  Enemy Power % would go from 500% to 1000% and finally to 2000% (x20 DMG on scaling attacks).  A double edged sword where collisions are concerned (200DMG full cases and 100DMG halves *like knockback*).

If dialing back the way GoWII did with VH at 75% Power, the next step in GoWIII would be 50% (like GoW1's VH), which is already pretty brutal since these Blades having lower base values and an inferior moveset at base (not to mention our means to work around Power % are more constricted).  Rather than 75% EXP, the next step (based on other orbs) would be 25% (making many players endure hard choices for upgrading *and making descriptors that exist outside that system even more important to exploit*).  Speaking of other orbs, HP, MP and RP would all plummet to 12.5%.  Chests normally worth 200 would be worth 25 units (a quarter of the starting bar *100 units*).  Not like enemies can get any more aggressive, mind you.  They would have to do some extra shit to pump it this far (increase their general speed by 5% or so, for instance).  But GoW doesn't do that, so we'll give it a rest.

>Box 7 and HCB
Typical, really.  HCB will become a total joke for you when properly handled (can be much faster when able to set-up safe 3x ground OS to wipe out Satyrs rather than needing to keep one around between S2 and S3 so you only have two rather than three in total *using air OS to take chunks of their HP over and over safely whilst working the edges for control through taunt provocation at said AI boundary*).  Box 7 still takes a little care mostly owed to fuckery with off-screen antics (more of a problem in PAIN+ thanks to having to try so hard to avoid targeting making you DQ yourself during attempts to bust Onyx shields).

>Cyclops gauntlet
Didn't have a good solution for them out of the gate, I take it.

>fun and helps you learn if a bit easy
Just so.  Rather than RoS, perhaps your condition should have gone full Shin (No Damage)?  I'm sure that would have been just great fun (given the first part I've already evaluated *let me know if it went through properly without YT hiding any of the messages from you, not altering you, etc.*, you will have died many, many times taking clumsy hits *though I'm sure you would have been more careful if you knew you couldn't take risks at all*).

>rage i-frames
It ain't got 'em.  Perhaps you're more referring to the increased Armor % and hyper armor it affords (letting you tank like a champ).  Activation breaks out of mini-game grabs instantly along with petrification status (it is also immune to build-up).  Weird how they made it this time with forced restriction to this odd moveset for BoO (can't use rage aura with other things).  Damn thing takes away access to spells, items, jumping, etc.  Bizarre.  Not even very strong (and can't be made stronger).

>check out the FAQs
I already gave the name to look out for, so you should find this easily.

>and playlists
Mine should be public (and easily found).

>don't want to use glitches
Yeah, about that.  A lot of things are not intended by the devs you'll find.  Even small things can qualify as more than merely exploiting an advantageous design choice.  We'll see as I work through your performance how you feel about a variety of things.  Can be hard to avoid working bugs at times, too.

>Findle Glide/Jet Dashing
A fun one for getting around even if not sequence breaking with it.  We don't disallow it in runs allowing the air dash more generally (still not disallowed outside combat).

>prefer general tech rather than the whole strategy
Then I'll go with the original plan of just seeing how part 1's evaluation suits you (before proceeding further).  There there are tips, but also full strategies for a bit you've already beaten (not future parts *unless taking the idea and translating it*). The main hiccup there (ignoring that it is an early fight with little consequence to begin with) is that if you do a higher run like PAIN+, you might not have much to figure out on your own, really (just trying what is already noted).  Only in odd runs like NGR+ (anti-grab) NUR+ or NBR+ (anti-block) NUR+ would you sometimes have fights these tactics aren't specialized for (like how I didn't go over strats in the centaur introduction fight specific to not using grabs/reversals).

>unless stuck
In which case you could ask here and/or post a video (private or otherwise) to show me what you're doing (if describing it properly could prove an issue) and I'll advise accordingly.  I mainly work through text, but there are some video examples of most tactics (just that a lot of my stuff isn't recorded, so you won't have visual aid to show what I mean with some cheap approach oftentimes).

>fast and safe
Understandable.  Improving your efficiency works towards that (almost as much as playing dirty like my tactics tend to be *as with working outside enemy range*).  I imagine you get better as the run goes on this front (not exactly making the most of your punish openings *dragging fights out* or using resources *MP barely gets touched when you can afford to splurge to go faster*).

>won't use the bow next time
You might not have a choice depending on the run you do.  If you just repeat NUR+, sure, but if you're doing PAIN+, that isn't even allowed (you would have to learn to fight him in some other ways).

>noticed the speed difference between foes
Well done.  One of my approaches works with getting the dogs stuck at the start before facing the grunts alone as I recall.  Makes it pretty simple.

>new moveset
For what?  The Blades?  Even just comparing against GoWII (GoW1 would be brutal as it has a solid foundation for them *though specials can be lacking*), the altered t1 is inferior (outside maybe Zeus S3P2 where you don't want a multi-hit).  Both t0/t3 are nerfed (cut in half).  Perhaps you just like the CG (cute feature) we get to start with where BoE is concerned.  Weapon switch is trash (just for messing about with a bug in cuhrayzee crap).  Definitely not worth losing Icarus Wing specials for.  Losing Argo's Revenge for Ram/Rise is an odd call (more localized knockback and later a launcher version *some give/take*).  Pity we never get the ability to convert projectiles to orbs, send them 'as is' (not just as some generic) or store them (light buff or energy to release in a future 'return'), but that is more to do with relics.  Upgrading BoE doesn't even help with rage this time (making it stronger, helping it insulate against more damage, giving it special perks, etc.).

I'm not a huge fan of the held light (S) and its follow-ups here, but it was a little lacking in most entries, really (Might from GoW1 was about as good as it got and even that needed a bit of work).  Nothing notable with evade specials.  At least it made the two specials it did have alright (rather than total crap for hit count and horsing around).  They're not especially strong (GoW:A actually manages to have that be the case *yet puts them on held inputs for some reason*), but they improve to have extensions where appropriate.  The new TR is much more usable (air charged is especially funny when used on a big enough foe/mob group to get stuck spinning above them for constant damage *a bug, obviously*).  AoS is a AoE panic button type, but it is serviceable in the role (even if it forces you to the ground).

>new weapons
Chain tools of different variations, yes.  Not fully baked (as is sadly usually the case *CoO and GoS avoid this with their singular side-weapon per entry while GoW1 was too busy building the framework to manage the same with poor Artemis*).  Not sure who thought it a good idea to deny them the same growth as the BoE (really cucks the appeal of upgrading even before other blunders kick in).  CoH got a real lackluster CG as they didn't have time to properly realize a mechanic intended for it (related to its also poorly realized spell *ambitious, at least*).  Sort of whack in a lot of ways (making it tied with Artemis for worst sub-weapon *failure to have amazing bugs helping it is why it doesn't beat such an obviously flawed competition*) not the least of which being Valor having trash range, not being able to fully control the grab gimmick (doesn't even work on all foes that can be OH'd) and lacking a 'Super Curse' (like how Super Plume for BoE is Spirit).

Cestus is really whatever beyond being forced down your threat for Onyx.  The CG is inconsistent, which is worse than just being buggy.  Nice to have something that can pull foes to us, but it fails to do that a lot and in big foe cases won't pull us to them for a power punch.  Should have started with pulling foes to us, lvl2 for light follow-up during pull for knockback and lvl3 for launch out of it (if not gaining MAX level up-and-away on the follow-up it already has as bugs can do to some foes).  Having specials so often follow the BoE formula (light spin2win and heavy slams) ain't all that appealing (even before them being way too weak to justify their lack of range, speed and utility *or safety*).  Spell is inefficient (at least it will damage Onyx) and scales with Power % (taking away from value in higher runs).  NW is the one that comes out the prettiest (even with the puzzles for it mostly removed) thanks to Tirades carrying its normals, a fantastic launcher and mostly great specials (ground L1+t is pretty trash and doesn't allow Tirades *same as the CG that is the exact same as BoE*).  Projectile CR-lite isn't too bad for a spell.

>can still use chains the whole time
That isn't an issue (not looking for red/blue crap like DmC or the Onyx blunder *incredibly stupid to make the mistake of GoW1 again from Magic Legionnaires*).  The others being undeveloped and designed to appeal to chain users who WILL NOT branch out to them is, however.  They put in the work for no returns best they can tell (as the casual mainstream majority are their focus), which leads to the tertiary tools of GoW:A as much as the executive mandate for multiplayer to milk the franchise through (World Weapons were super lame as a poor man's Angel Arms *Bayonetta* for the most part).

>air combat
They can do that (okay for some juggle antics), but I don't really advise it much in serious play (where you won't even have the output or specials to enable it to begin with).  Tirades are the big focus (they improve nicely with upgrades unlike the damage modifier *a pathetic 40% increase from MIN to MAX just like NC*).

>only did one run
Roy puts it nicely enough.  I'd be more partial to a Vader quote.

>pacing
Not really my concern so long as I'm not doing a ton of nothing at all like CoO/GoS.

>puzzles
Beneath notice so long as they're out of the way quickly for repeat playthroughs (the gross QTE case from GoWIII is especially unsightly for me).  Platforming got easier, sadly.  Too many crying about their failure to master GoW1.

>Theseus
Many don't handle him well.  Can't be expected to know Stage 1 well enough to quickly whittle him down and Stage 2 makes it even worse by not letting you have a way up top even briefly (means to attack outside just capping him per the intended design are very limited).  You have to get good with properly handling his slightly altered version of a minor grunt foe (to refill MP for shooting him down).  Being efficient with this can really speed it along, but the biggest boon for those not playing NUR or higher is putting in the time to get lvl3 TB so CWB can make the most of the final shot (before MP runs out) each time (tons of extra hits for less waves to clear).  Probably should have halved S2's HP if they weren't going to give more ways around his nonsense.  Lame that his pillars can friendly fire for a launch, but deal no damage (the bolts also don't hurt them).  Would have been a great tool for quickly wearing them down were the case otherwise.  Probably should have also had MP returns be slightly higher for damage kill, much higher for air OS and OH kill and a little lower for OS kill (in exchange for some HP orbs *as is generally the case when going for this*).  That it lacks a checkpoint for Stage 2 is a pain in the ass.

>unfinished
Reminds a bit of DaS1 in this regard, eh?

>non-boss cases
Or half-assing like two of the three you noted. Sub-bosses at best.

>too few dangerous enemies
Labyrinth Minotaurs failed to really change things up notable. No shockwave, no axe toss, no resistance to launching, etc. Really lackluster top version of that foe. Olympus Satyrs dialed back way too much (sort of like Satyr Champions in GoWII who were stupidly linear). No wake-up attacks, no air recovery, crap counter, etc. At least their grab damage is appropriate (unlike other enemies) for wearing them down and they get the neat wall jump (into a grab if positioned right) even if it looks just dumb as Hell when they leap off invisible walls. Pandoran Satyrs (GoW1) remain the best (followed by Hades Satyrs, which are mostly just a nerfed version in GoW1). Wraiths got screwed out of the "Shade" variant getting into the game (would have been intangible in the shadows and needing light production to solidify for a time when not able to get them to an environmental light source). No Asphodel variant (themselves not that bad as they are general grab types, but many casual players are troubled by their very aggressive blade arm toss and ground spikes). Cyclops sort of needed the old sweeps, lunging shoulder, pound spam, etc. Gorgons weren't too badly handled even if missing a Queen variant for homing Gorgon Blasts to harass the player with. Undead lacked Captains as their elites (didn't even have wake-up attacks to punish careless players as I recall). Centaurs really needed their archer bros back to apply pressure. Harpies just weren't able to spam bomber like in their Hades variant. The list goes on (really wish they had further developed the High Priest of the Fates into some new foe aping the concept, but splitting the abilities for different variations on the curse, summons, grab succ, etc.).

NOTE: I have full evaluations for all entries except GoW:A (never got around to it even after finishing my work with it, sadly).

>just a few boxes
Not quite the experience it suggests (The Cube).

>didn't focus on mixing combat in with other aspects as much as GoW1
Casuals get too fucked up in these cases, so they dialed it back. Protection/escort missions? Nah. No way. They wouldn't be that bad if better developed. Couldn't move the family in GoW1, so it became a problem. GoWII let you move tranny up until W3, when it becomes a damn problem (again). A few solutions exist for the latter in particular (less so the former that was too weighted towards the OP strategy clearly meant to be used).

>Conveyor Belt Block
A fun one. You can just break the damn crusher and negate the thing's interference, send foes into it until all gone, use the background pillars to hold your place, High Jump (intended by combat devs in that entry as it happens) to blow the whole thing off, etc.

>dog elevator
Meh. I prefer the skelly descent version with a spiked ceiling. Still alright.

>flame wall
A fun bit to be sure.

>time limit
The most notable in the series in my mind would be the fight to gain Atlas Handle (ignoring how you can just do a last second jump to ignore the fight and steal it).

>way too strong
Just strong enough for the wider audience. Not so hot in GoW:A (takes more work through perfect guard). Perhaps NBR+ NUR+ could strike your fancy. I agree that it is a pity they didn't force better use of alternative defenses (guard breaking and even crushing for some moves against regular block). Forcing evasion can be a problem if constantly making them move big distances away (as evades in GoW tend to be). Many aren't good with evading into attacks and the game doesn't ask a lot of you by design.

>final boss
In GoWIII? Should be amusing to see the slog you put yourself through if those are your tactics. Easy, but extremely tedious. S3P2 might have throw clones your way if you were doing it like that, too.

Metal Gear Roy: >more interesting as you learn
Birdman would agree to this being good general thinking for a given title (like his beloved Knack 2 not being the meme trash people make it out to be).

>from what you know
You've got a lot of 'knowing' to do, still. When you working your way back around?

10My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:01 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Finished the run.
Box 7 didn't take that much time, used the general strategy I used on my normal run, using the camera to separate the enemies and then using Hermes boots to pick off Sirens and the Wraith (into the infinite grab cycles if they are alone). The most annoying enemies there are the shield guys, but the Gauntlets' magic make short work of them. A bit messy but not that hard (also fuck Pandora and here getting grabbed instead of the enemies, it got me killed a couple of times ).
HCB was the only real wall, it took me hours to kill it but i loved every second of it (even if some of the hitboxes are iffy). Love this type of fights where you need to split your focus and pay attention to different patterns, really cool stuff.
Zeus was as boring as ever took like 5 or 6 attempts in total, mostly because I continued to get bored and lose focus. During third phase he did summon clones wich made things a bit more interesting at least, but it's still a terrible final boss imo, HCB was way harder and way more interesting. I stopped the recording after Zeus 3 couldn't be asked to record the walking section and all that other crap. That fucking walking section is complete shit.

All around I had a ton of fun with it, made appreaciate the combat system even, but I thought it would have been a lot harder, outside of HCB everything was smooth sailing.
Now I'll probably give GoW 2 another chance and then maybe come back to do a PAIN run or something similar. For now I think I'll take a break as I don't want to burn out.

@GMG
>About to break something.
I actually didn't get frustrated with any other fight. I'm not someone that gets angry easily, it only happens where fights are not well designed or all around annoying. If I love a fight I have no problem spending hours doing attempts (like it happened with HCB).

>Box 7 and HCB
Box 7 actually didn't not take that many attempts, made good use of the camera and the hermes boots to launch siren and it went kinda smooth even if I did some mistakes.
HCB was the real wall of the run, took me hours to do but it gave me an even bigger appreciation for the fight. It has some pretty glaring hitbox problems (the cerberus lunge hits you even if you are in his outer back side, and it's charge pushes you back even during a double jump air dash), but I feel it's really well designed and forces you to multitask wich is really really fun. I wonder what's the trick to kill the Satyr fast you were talking about?

>Cyclops gauntles
I had the general strategy I used for during my normal VH run, it was just a matter of execution. I killed the first 2 armor cyclops at the same time, so that the other 2 and the Big Cyclops spawn at the same, I then kited around using both the border (it seems to force them to taunt if you are at distance) and the Big Cyclops recovery after the 2 hit combo (foot and the swipe) to put damage on the armored. Killed them and the used the cyclops to do as much damage to the other 3 as they spawn. Once there's only left just, s s s with the gauntlets to stunlock them.

>No damage and other condition.
I don't like to do no damage runs in most games, I like to play aggressive even if I get punished for it (someone would say I like to "die slower than my enemy" lol). I don't find it fun to having to reset after every minor mistake.
Regarding other limitations, as I said before I don't like to pile to many arbitrary stuff (like no block,no dodge etc etc) but I will probably do a Pain run. I don't know if I'll do it immediatly tho, I kinda want to give GoW 2 another chance before continuing with 3.

>No iframes during rage.
I would have swore you were fully invincible. Tbh I only used it a couple of times during my normal run, but when I did I was just spamming and I didn't seem to take any damage. Might be hyper armor as you said.

>Tips and tricks
Responed to your youtube comments.
I appreciate you taking your time to analyze eveyrhing so in depth. At this point I'm done with the run so even general strategy are fine, I'll take note of them if/when I do a Pain or something.

>Final Boss
It did summon some clones, but my point still stands. I did t,t with the gauntlets or T to launch and then grab, but my point wasn't about the offensive aspect but about the defensive one. You can block everything outside of the 3rd hit of his combo, and for that one you can easily parry the second hit and bypass entirely if you aren't doing a NUR. Defensive option is what I take issue with, you never need to change it out, just stay in front of the boss and hold L1 and that is it,it's incredibly boring to me

11My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:23 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>Hermes boots
I'm sure Shin would love it.

>shield guys
Perhaps the worst about off-screen antics.

>fuck the ugly key JB
To each his own:

Jests aside, the grab targeting does indeed become an issue again in the instance you've noted (additionally, her RNG means she kites them and their aggro at random even from off-screen, which is quite annoying).  We lack the option to place her somewhere (even if at the cost of her invincible evasion).

>hours to kill it
You simply lacked legacy skill that would have led you to solutions faster.  It isn't all that difficult to do when approached properly (a fair bit more so if insisting on foolish scrub mentality *good luck totally avoiding the trigger of offending points in serious runs, enjoy the artificial difficulty increase of your own making*).

>died to Zeus
Mostly S3P2, I'd imagine (maybe parts of S1 while getting used to his moves).  Would be weird to die to S2 where he doesn't even have to be fought.

>would be harder
Nope, just asking you to play a bit less carelessly (not even like there is a rule against running away from optional fights or death exploiting for HP refills at checkpoints) and working the basics for a little longer (where chipping is concerned).  PAIN+ refines further by taking away resources (along with refills) and other crutches leaned on in NUR+.  Still shouldn't be too bad in most places.  Not like GoWIII has 'optional bonus credit' fights save maybe if it proves possible to do Skorpius without violation in S1P2/S2P2 (face parts).  Doing S1P1/S2P1 by the rules is annoying, but not much different from NUR+.  Allowing for Cestus (bridge too far), it is pretty much the same.  If you wanted your balls stepped on, you should tap on the nest of the Clone War (even H with non-MAX BoC can be a real bother much less VH NUR and higher) or work your way to GoW:A (when you're ready to quit the series) for VH PAIN+ ToA W1 (as I have).

>stopped recording for the walking
I would have stopped watching anyway (just as I quit out there as it is no longer proper gameplay and has no fights after it).

>GoWII next
That right?  Not going to cozy up to GoW1 like Roy Boy?  Maybe pull a Hotel and skip right to PAIN before learning the ropes?

>burn out
You have your studies, anyway.  Evaluations will give you a ton to read even if you don't plan on responding to everything (though you might need to ask questions when you don't fully understand the noted).

>didn't get frustrated like that elsewhere
If it can happen there, it can happen in other bits (in more extreme conditions).  Just be aware it will be a thing (especially in bullshit parts of which there are plenty in the series highlighted by various runs *Roy could say more if he played more*).

>love a fight
You will not love ToA W1 (and probably not SoA *maybe not even EoA and some other bits like the final fight*, either).  Clone War is another.  Possibly even the suffering that is the tranny (East Auditorium Wave 3).  Maybe the ultra tedious CoO final stage of the final boss in conditions as with PAIN+.  Some bits are just built on shaky ground, I'm afraid.  These are things you will find for yourself in time.

>what's the trick
Once you've uploaded the fight, I'll see what you did and evaluate accordingly.  I already noted the gist (working taunt provocation with correct spacing/positioning of foes such that HCB is behaved as you repeatedly grab a Satyr to death without stopping for breathers unlike the previous OH/air OS method *also good, but ultimately inferior if you can get the advanced method down*) knowing you might hold reservations about the concept of 'AI boundary abuse' (standing in places that tend to limit the enemy *be it that they physically cannot go there, they unexist, maybe they just get encouraged to taunt rather than perform some other action as with this one, etc.*).

>well designed
Not with those invisible walls it ain't (disgusting bad habit that started to become very common when the original combat devs ducked out as they did here halfway through development).  If they had arbitrarily nerfed the dog kicks to half collisions (for how easy they are) and allowed Enemy Power % scaling, you would need to cause a Satyr to (outside knockback) impact HCB for a full one (50 rather than 25 *25 still being more than 20*).  Just dunking the Satyrs over the cliff would have mopped things up even faster than x3 OS strats (and should be quite a bit easier).  Also, their wall grab would be limited to just the background bars.  The player being able to RO themselves adds an extra element of danger.  I forget if HCB can spatially fit, but if he could be made to charge right over the side like the Matador challenge...

>worked the border
"Good, good..." - Palpy

>don't like 'No Damage'
Nor do I.  A good general goal (limit just to what you can afford to take), but not as a hard rule.  Distasteful (almost as much as 'style', collecting garbage, etc.).  I dislike it enough that I prevented it from being part of PAIN to begin with.

>no block, no dodge, etc.
We kept it classy by avoiding laying it on too thick.  While GoW doesn't fully adhere to PAIN philosophy (strictly speaking, it is 'using things from the "start" as they "start"' *so some arbitrary base is your default for the run, no progression gifts are acceptable outside forced conditions and then there is the thing with resources beyond life being forbidden where it can be helped*).  With NGR+ and NBR+ runs, it is restrictive enough that I felt it tasteless to do PAIN or higher in tandem with them (NUR+ was plenty as an extra modifier).

>give GoWII another chance
VH NUR+ is a fine place to start, but I'll be chipping away at the GoWIII run little by little (slowing until I'm off again).  Do not restrict more than the run asks of you.  You will regret it against the tranny (and possibly even at the ER).  Maybe to limit your known suffering, I'll assist with Theseus (not like you'll even have the option to pull a stunt like getting lvl3 TB to chop him down to size quickly *and this ain't NG+, so you won't be able to use some exploit to hit him with other tools*).  Your call (as it will be my offer of a checkpoint exploit and how to employ it for tranny *be it just for practice runs or to limit redo of W1/W2 before facing W3*).

>would have swore
Yeah, hyper armor no sells most things and increased Armor % (especially in lower settings) means you're not feeling much (especially if it was something that doesn't scale with Enemy Power % like grabs, projectiles, etc.).

Like taking no damage at all (no damage at all):

>even general strategy is fine
If you say so.

>summon some clones
At least the one approach exists for working around clones. Another still exists for mostly ignoring the charges for the heart if I remember right (just working on him during those openings to whittle away). One or both of these were for BoA PAIN+, I believe. Well, that and NGR+ NUR+. The main approach denies him the option to really fight back at all (no clones will spawn save the first forced one).

>block everything
Regular block fails against the air drop (even of S1 as I recall). So long as you get in the face of S2 quickly, you won't deal with any UAs. Blocking is risky in PAIN+ owed to DQ for using Argo's Return (can't opt out of it as you can the Ram/Rise *that you won't even have*). Throwing out a block can easily turn into a parry that forces restart. Adds another problem to the mix.

>never need to change
Aside from when he does, but it is unimportant (as correct handling would *in most cases* eliminate most of the fight). Also, unnecessary tedium comes into question (should one resort to some slower method to avoid triggering an annoying reaction *somewhat reminds of an Ares2 approach that limits him to literally what you note if you didn't know that can happen and with no exceptions*).

12My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:04 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> run done
One thing that might be interesting, and something I highly enjoyed with GoW1, is to not stop after a single run. The first NUR is always a bit touch and go. There's a lot of fun afterwards in doing another NUR but this time 'good' so to speak, using all the accumulated knowledge. Or go for a PAIN run.

That said, the biggest amount of fun I had in GoW1 was after doing two PAIN runs I went back and just played the game regularly. Paired with the upgrades, magic and so forth you really are a beast in this game.

13My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:46 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>do it again, but properly
DAS RITE

>a beast
Helps to learn the MAX options, too. Not something NUR is going to teach you.

14My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:33 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Got to part 2 awhile back. I'll probably do part 3 by tomorrow.

15My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:17 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Did a two-fer to make-up for getting behind last time. Another this week (at least). Cimi seems busy with VH PAIN+ ToA W1, so I don't need to fret too much there (or even get into the main run just yet). Zaser should be wrapping up the meme run, shortly (not too many parts out that I haven't touched on). Another fellow only linked me to one part he wanted evaluated.

16My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:01 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Suppose I'll finish things up today.

17My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:51 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

All done. Ball is in your court. Finish up with those exams, yet?

18My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:40 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Youtube decided to not send me any notification before today (and I didn't have the time to check the forum) so I still need to check everything out starting from episode 3.
I'll get to them asap, thanks again for the analisys.

>Exams
Still preparing stuff for September

19My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:42 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good luck on your exams. What's your field? :)

20My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:07 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Tai: >no notification
Wouldn't be the first time they've pulled that (or worse).

>still preparing
Bleh.  Enjoy all that.

Roy: >field
He's learning GoW proper:

21My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Outside of "God of War 101", I'm doing "Oriental Studies" with Japanese as a first language. The situation is a bit complicated tho lol

22My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I studied Japanese for a few years too (long story) but eventually dropped it for Mandarin (even longer story). Both are great languages and I love the cultural history within them.

Good luck on the exams! がんばってくれ!

> daddy GMG using a smilie face
Mother of god.

23My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:48 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

What? You studied Mandarin Roy? How long? I've been trying to learn that shit for ages.

24My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:48 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Studying. Not writing though, purely talking. Because of my in-laws, they don't speak a letter English so it helps if I can communicate with them if only at a basic level.

25My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:18 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Oh yeah that's right. How long?

26My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:01 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

On and off for two years now. I followed a few classes but they were terrible sad to say (and one got canceled due to not having enough students).

27My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:37 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Tai: >Moon Speak of the Elevens
Hmmm, yes.  I see.

Royboy: >studied Glorious Nippon tongue folded one thousand times
That right?

>Mandarin
I'll leave the modern version to Oni.  I've got no use for it.

>using a text-based emoticon
For mockery, many things become possible.

>of god
>god
>g
Which one?  Surely not He who plagues ol' Chiner with floods, drought, pestilence (plague *not just Rona*, locusts, mold, fungus, etc.), famine, snow (in the 'Lunar June' even in Beijing), earthquakes, tornadoes, sandstorms, typhoons, landslides, sinkholes, etc. after the rewrite of THE BOOK.  Jests aside, when are you getting back to GoW?  You got some sort of current run work tying you up or something?

>terrible
I'd like to think they wouldn't be adversely affected by propaganda attempts.

>basic communication
Can't just settle for the Italian/Sicilian wedding way of never bothering to?

Birdman: >trying to learn
I presume the huge number of characters plays a factor.

28My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:24 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Nope. I don't care for the writing. I'm just lazy and also went through quite a few learning processes before finding one that worked.

29My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:19 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> never bothering to
I'm stealing their daughter away to a country 10.000 kilometers away, least I can do is tell them the dinner was nice in their native language.

> when am I going back to GoW
Not likely currently Between Stinger, looking for a new job, Warhammer, art studies and just plain old work+family+friends my gamingtime is mostly limited to NGII and Death Stranding these days (and sometimes ZoE2).

30My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:56 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

Just about October now. We ready to continue run work?

31My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:58 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

November coming right up. You ready for some runwork?

32My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:16 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Hey man, sorry but I was busy with a lot of stuff and I had no time to check the forums.
Regarding the run I pretty much read all the comments and even took some notes, so thank you for all the advice. As for continuining the run, for now I'm busy with other stuff so I don't feel like doing another run or a PAIN. That said I still wanna do a PAIN sooner or later to make use of all the advices. I also would like to do a GoW 1 PAIN but that depends if I find a decent way to record it.

NOTE: I'm going to delete all of the videos on the current channel and re-upload them to a new one I made so I can have everything more organized under the same account. So the comment will be deleted together with the videos, but I saved them all on google drive so they won't get lost.

33My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:06 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>busy
It happens. I believe the issue was college, yes? I think that is the most common case (not work this time).

>took notes
A fine idea. Might also be good to go over some of the things said to be sure some of the more troublesome things are understood. To note it, Bick's latest PAIN+ showing has some of the things I talk about demonstrated (Zaser is another to watch to that end *for GoWIII*). There are others, but it would take time to find someone showing the high level strats (with non-deleted, non-private videos).

>GoW1 PAIN
All things with time.

>decent way to record it
Different set-up involved without the system doing it for you, yes. This I know too well.

>delete series
>backed up comments
Already doing better than Bick (in general) though I think he has (on one occasion) copypasta'd a comment to the new version of a video. Once out of dozens of losses.

While not super useful practically speaking (as you should never go long enough or even have to deal with them), I studied the spike patterns for once in Box 4 of the Labyrinth regarding Sides 1 and 2. Detailed them on Bick's latest coverage in question (along with the process of puzzling it out as best I could without going hands-on).

If you think of the four spots as labeled according to a Coordinate Plane (1-4), it would be as follows:

Side 2 (simpler of the two): 2/4 (backslash), 1/3 (slash), 1/4 (right), 2/3 (left), 3/4 (down), 1/2 (up)

NOTE: I don't recall how much time between spikes going up (maybe ~5s) or how many passes before there is a lull in the cycle (bit longer than normal) as it loops. S2 changes the origin each time you restart, so it can start at different points in the sequence, but is otherwise the same (and only goes one way).

Side 1 is more complicated. I prefer to think of it as four origin points with each having four positions. Each is their own sequence, and the sequence goes from 1 to 2 to 4 to 3. Sequence 1 is 1, 3, 4, 2. Sequence 2 is 2, 4, 3, 1. Both of these are like an upside down (simple *like in an art show*) ribbon. Sequence 4 is 4, 1, 2, 3. Sequence 3 is 3, 2, 1, 4. The former is counter-clockwise (CCW) and the latter is clockwise (CW). When it goes from one sequence to the next, it does indeed repeat on the same spot, so if one ends in 2 and the next starts with 2, it is on that spot consecutively (clear that up now).

NOTE: This was the best way I could think of to memorize the patterns of both (and help others to do the same). Again, it isn't like it means much as you will probably NEVER see a full sequence of S1 let alone the entire pattern as it requires keeping the enemies alive, too (would take effort). And S2 should be undermined by way of just hanging out on the background ledge while you need special set-ups to have sirens vulnerable to the hazard (mostly making the spike pattern mere trivia). Still, like when I was helping with GoWII around a year ago (specifically studying the spike patterns of Theseus just to finally get them covered properly), I felt it was time to square this matter away. I suppose that opens my ass up to talk of doing it for the Spiked Floor pattern at the start of Palace of the Fates. Not really looking to do that anytime soon (was annoying enough to come up with a strategy explaining the gist of how to avoid it *FLIGHT* or use it *FIGHT*).

>new channel
That would be? Also, to what end? Just wanted a name change?

34My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:16 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Yeah been busy with both uni and personal stuff.
I'll check Bick's and Zaser's stuff and add the spike thing to the notes.
Regarding the new channel, It was linked to an old e-mail adress and now that I created the new channel for the podcast I wanted to have both of them under the same account. Youtube doesn't let me change email or transfer to another one so I just opted to delete and reupload now that I can do it without losing too much.
Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgiMim1U7SyOiunXzAa5U7Q

35My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:12 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>check their stuff
Will help to get those notes (along with some visuals), yes. Things like ring-out on the Olympia Centaur (or SpeedMartyr showing off the glitch "O" tech against it), exploiting multi-explosions on pots, working boundaries and all sort of other tech can really help. Not everything I talk about is there (as with full punish on "Geyser" from Hades, but at least both have some minor punishment to offer), but what can you do? I try to teach lads, but not everything ends up in the final product (as with x3 OS locking Satyrs properly along boundaries so other foes don't interfere).

>email/account issue
Not something they allow you to alter, eh? Typical. This aside from them creating a Gmail for people (and trying to force real name use *and a second account*). Cunts.

>here
Noted.

36My GoW 3 NUR Empty Re: My GoW 3 NUR Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:02 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

When does the uni stuff wrap up, again? I believe you've still got a few months of that holding you back. I know Oni is busy until April. Probably going to be similar for Muna and others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum