You are not connected. Please login or register

Divinity Original Sin 2

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Divinity Original Sin 2 Empty Divinity Original Sin 2 Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:34 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Might start this next weekend. Just reading up on how a few things work but it's kind of confusing.

So you have these actual characters but you can make you own or something. Then you're supposed to chose these properties called tags and apparently they can affect quests.

There's a really good summon ability available near the start if you protect a black cat but I've read that only the person the cat attaches to and follows will get it as a summon when you leave, and that it's random who this will be. That sounds annoying as fuck. It's a summon that would be great for rangers which I plan to build.

Anyone familiar with this game?

2Divinity Original Sin 2 Empty Re: Divinity Original Sin 2 Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Seems like an interesting game but when I saw the scope/length of the whole thing I filed it under “never getting to play this” and forgot about it.

3Divinity Original Sin 2 Empty Re: Divinity Original Sin 2 Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:57 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Started this over the weekend.

It's turn-based but the kind where on your turn you can move around at the cost of AP.

There's tons of cool stuff like terrain. Rangers get a huge boost from higher ground. The environment can be messed with like setting oil on fire, poisoning water. These can be converted to poison gas or smoke if fire is used, and can also be blown out with air magic.

Everything affects something in some way. Another example is using the rain spell to create pools which can be poisoned, frozen, electrified, turned to blood. It's fantastic. There's tons of build variety and you can respec whenever once you get access to an item in Act 2.

There are an absolutely berserk amount of dialogue options with every NPC under the sun, even animals can be spoken to if you have the required talent. You can switch characters which can get different results because NPCs will react to certain races differently.

Quests seem to have a variety of ways to succeed. I'm not even sure there are actual fail states, rather some kind of long lasting effect. At worst it seems you'll get a suboptimal result.

Like I encountered this zombie knight ranting on the beach and could not make sense of his nonsense. He kept saying something about 'yarrow'. I chose any dialogue option that attempted to placate him but he flew into a rage and attacked. I killed him and got exp and his loot, but later I found this old woman asking about him. I also found a flower called yarrow in some random crate then I was like 'ohhh'. So it seems you can actually help him.

There's stealth and pickpocketing but I keep failing at it. It seems to be based on one of the stats but I can't find any monsters to gain exp. Right now I have almost no money.

I keep getting really negative results even when I'm trying to be nice and it's dangerous because they have an attitude level. Piss off a vendor enough and they'll never sell to that character.

Still trying to get my head around all these mechanics.

4Divinity Original Sin 2 Empty Re: Divinity Original Sin 2 Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:38 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Figured out pickpocketing. You need to get behind them and also not be in the field of vision of any other NPC.

You can only steal once per NPC, but you can rob vendors too. I've been stealing skill books of interest to me.

Right after you steal, you need to throw the item from your inventory because after a few seconds of realizing they've been robbed, they'll run up and demand to search you. You can also just run out of sight until they calm down.

You can actually get into fights with any of them. Not a good idea to kill vendors though.

5Divinity Original Sin 2 Empty Re: Divinity Original Sin 2 Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:17 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Still interested in this, but it's one of those games you need to really dedicate time to. Way too many paths and stuff to miss.

Found out that my little brother has played on PC extensively and knows pretty much everything about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum