You are not connected. Please login or register

Magicka 2

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Magicka 2 Empty Magicka 2 Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:39 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

This game is fantastic.

You start off with quite a few options and I'm just hanging around some beach testing spell combos. I can't list all the weird stuff I'm doing right now. Still figuring out how it all works. There's so much to say. I'll just go over some immediate observations.

What's really interesting is how you can cast everything on yourself. Like I combined earth and life, and a rock dropped on my head, doing damage and healing at the same time lol.

If you do a spell combined with shield spell, you get protection against that element, indicated by a colored ring corresponding to the color of the element used. You can protect against more than one too.

Some combinations cause armor to appear. Like if I do cold, water and shield, I get covered in ice armor. Not sure what this does because you can get water and and cold protection already.

There's interesting statuses as well, and spells can interact with the environment. You can freeze water to walk on it, soak enemies with water then zap them with lightning, etc.

I've got a lot of ideas I want to test.

Edit: I froze some water and lured some enemies onto it, then cast fire to melt the ice and drop them in the water HAHAHA!!!

2Magicka 2 Empty Re: Magicka 2 Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:45 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

Glad you enjoyed it. Haven't played the sequel yet, but it looks pretty in line with the first game and all the crazy combinations that range from completely useless to insane aoe wipes. Hopefully 2 still has all the different characters with their unique weapons/moves/characteristics which made some of them quite unique to play. Also hopefully they kept even the minor nuances like you not being able to cast thunderbolt spells in closed places since the ceilling will get in the way.

Also I would strongly recommend playing co-op with people if you ever get the chance, the game has friendly fire on by default and you can't turn it off so you can pull all sort of crazy stuff together with friends while also killing them all the time on mistake since your strongest aoe spells will affect them as well, it's loads of fun.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum