Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Pretty great news honestly, the entire Splinter Cell series has gone backwards compatible on the Xbox One X. The real kicker though? All the old DLC is added as well, which was thought lost in most cases. You originally had to send Ubisoft a message and they'd ship a disc to you with the 'dlc' missions (this was 2001 afterall). Now you can actually play them normally. So despite being a huge fan, I played these missions for the first time yesterday! Pretty sweet! Any other Splinter Cell fans here?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Splinter Cell Empty Re: Splinter Cell Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:43 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Only double agent on. But I do really want to go back to the classic games.
Such a great series, with a wide variety of gameplay differences.

I looked at some of the X pics. The draw distance in textures looks great, but I really don't like seeing games from that gen in HD. I prefer it blurry and preferably on a crt as GOD intended haha.

Sent from Topic'it App

3Splinter Cell Empty Re: Splinter Cell Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:53 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Never played them. I really want to though.

4Splinter Cell Empty Re: Splinter Cell Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Splinter Cell's original trilogy really looks great in HD, since they were actually made for PC and Xbox. Only the first one is 4:3, while the rest are 16:9 by default. Pretty ahead of their time. If you use them on the X they are really sharp and not blurry at all, they play like the PC version. I have to say back then on the CRTV they were...a bit annoying to play since the game is so focused on shadows. I'd honestly almost say, play the recent versions.

The HD-trilogy on Xbox 360 and PS3 are 'okay'. They fixed some bugs and removed the checkpoints from the first two games and replaced it with a regular save-system.

Double Agent is fantastic, the last of the 'great' games in the series I feel. Conviction and Blacklist were really good, but not that good.

5Splinter Cell Empty Re: Splinter Cell Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:57 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Blacklist is a fantastic shooter, but yeah the stealth is just far too easy. But I do kind of enjoy being an invincible god stabbing everyone that gets in my way. The mark and execute mechanic deserves a lot of praise as well, such a fantastic idea. I would love a john wick game with similar mechanics.

6Splinter Cell Empty Re: Splinter Cell Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

They are still pretty good as noted, the Mark and Execute worked well to simulate being that character, but it was also a tad overplayed. I still remember going into a room in Chaos Theory with a smoke and shot three guys in the head in a row with my pistol while holding a guy as a shield. You just don't get that in those games since it is automatic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum