Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

A bit on the fence about these. I always wanted Stinger-Magazine to be a home for fans of action games, but I'm also a tad afraid it will absolutely swarm the site and bury the articles. What would you guys like, news-pieces or maybe like a news-digest? So instead of "Bloody Palace now live" and "Sekiro II revealed" articles, simply a "News Digest, Sekiro II, Bloody Palace and more" once a month or so. Any (hot) takes? :) Thanks!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2News Articles? Empty Re: News Articles? Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:11 am

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

Honestly, there are dozens if not hundreds of reliable news sites out there. But there is only one Stinger.

I dunno about others, but I'm used to keeping different sites in rotation in order to cover everything that matters to me. I don't really need or want to have everything in one place. If I'm coming here, it's for the articles (and now the forum). I'd rather not have to rummage through countless, soon-to-be-obsolete news just so I can get to the good stuff.

My hot take: Focus on what you do best (articles) and don't waste time and energy trying to play catch-up with other sites that your target audience is probably already visiting. If there is a piece of news that is of particular importance to the genre / community, I think a forum thread would suffice.

3News Articles? Empty Re: News Articles? Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Thanks man, that's honestly a good point. A little background: I originally envisioned Stinger Magazine as the 'Eventhubs / SRK' for Action games. So active forum, maybe a revival of tournaments, all news related to the genre etc. The articles were never part of it. Yet somehow, that became the focus (since I like doing that the most haha!).

Appreciate the hot-take! I agree with it. Question, what do you think of things like this then: https://stinger-magazine.com/news/a-look-into-astral-chain/

This was more a 'test', but it's more a researched analysis I think?

4News Articles? Empty Re: News Articles? Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:45 pm

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

I thought about bringing that Astral Chain article up earlier, because I really like it and I think that's an excellent compromise. It's on the subject of a brand new development / announcement, but it's not a first-response type of article that simply shows the trailer with a bit of flavor text sprinkled throughout. It's a good mix of being current but also substantial enough to be worth reading in the future.

Writing a handful of solid articles such as this one per year (or whenever a brand new topic is worth exploring a little further) would be a good addition to the site without all the administrative burden / additional workload that a full-fledged news section would add.

Trailers, rumors, etc... can all be posted on the forum without polluting the main site. Don't underestimate the appeal of a clear and concise layout, especially for first-time readers.

5News Articles? Empty Re: News Articles? Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:59 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I think a news digest would be pretty cool! Also:

https://stinger-magazine.com/

From what I have noticed is that there is no link to the home page of Stinger here in the forum. Yet in Stinger, there is a Forum link. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough! :)

6News Articles? Empty Re: News Articles? Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:12 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ksub
Yeah I feel you. That article was also something I really enjoyed writing because there was blips and blurps of information everywhere and I wanted a really straightforward all encompasing article that also gave some insight into gameplay. Which that was.
Thanks for the wake up call, because I wasn't really looking forward to making all those little articles, though a News Digest might still be a good one I feel if there's a lot of important news, though I doubt it.

Good note on the appeal of a clear an concise layout. Cheers!

Nadster|
That's....a good point. I never thought to add that button, I'll see if I can manage it (the tool I use is...basic haha).

EDIT: I added it, it's called Articles! Good name?

7News Articles? Empty Re: News Articles? Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

It's good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum