GodModeGOD
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
Dark_Blood_NG
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Thu May 24, 2018 11:17 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

I'm guessing this thing is intended because it's not basic hitstun, but an actual full dizzy state that only exists in one other instance, which is when you hit sunstones and the shockwave hits them.

There are all these other little details too. Like if you have archer and bomber goblins attacking you, both of these are ranged types. If it so happens that a bomb explodes on or near a fired arrow, it actually destroys their arrow. So they're actually stopping their friends from hitting you.

You can block both so I was just standing in a corner getting bombed and shot, and noticed the bomb explosions were destroying arrows.

Speedy Knack's shockwave move can also destroy incoming projectiles, but not beams from robots. Haven't tested others like clone Knack's boomerang, but it seems anything that can be parried can be destroyed, except for bombs. Those can't be parried but it still stops those too. It's kind of useless to try and set up, because why would you waste meter on something you can either parry for free or just run and jump to avoid. And the way stronger beams can't be stopped. It's like they were just trying to make it extremely detailed which I think is pretty cool.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total

52Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:22 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Still doing this shit. I've realized I have little control over it.

It's the minutiae that really interests me in games. A lot of it you'll never see unless you purposely go digging for it.

Problem is I have too many games to do this in.

At least I've cut down a few but there's another problem. Earlier in this topic I said I didn't want to continue Beatdown. But now I do. Some switch flicked in my head. Probably because I only have the Japanese version which made it hard to figure stuff out. Need to get an English version.

I know I don't want to play Bloodstained anymore. I got it for free so I lose nothing. Might put it towards Dragon Quest Builders 2.

So there are two kinds of list. Not played/haven't finished, and replay. Replay is for study and documentation which could take forever so that list is secondary.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total

53Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:31 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm pleased to say I've gotten through or at least tested a few games and have determined whether or not I'll ever touch them again. This isn't so bad.

54Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Got pulled away from Infamous 1 runwork (melee-only was one-third the way done). Never got to play the challenges or highest setting with X-Men:O:W. Didn't get to do challenge runs for Dante's Inferno. Only thing left (other than recording) for me with GoW would be the clones (VH NUR and higher). Didn't get to do challenge run work with DMC3 or Bayo 1 like I wanted to. DaS3's final patch (with DLC) SL1 NUR+ remains. Was doing a bunch of NUR+ stuff for DaS1 (aside from Bow ONLY). DaS2 had at least four runs planned, but the first ran afoul of the conditions meaning Darklurker was the first boss. It would be fine were it not for the limited tries (cant just keep getting effigies). Need to learn save states so I can practice properly before trying legit. Had light plans for DeS and BB. Didn't get to do so much as vanilla VH for SWFU2. No real work at all with MGR:R, God Hand, NG, C:LoS, Heavenly Sword and so on. Got distracted while making good progress in Dead Space 2 during the VH No-Gun NUR+ (was just after the first Pack fight). Lost all my plans (and coverage). Shame. Still didn't finish Legends of Mana (Oni pulled out). Same really for C:SotN. List goes on, no doubt.

55Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:07 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Yeah, I have a quite a bit of unbeaten games. Sometimes the game is too hard to beat, sometimes it makes sense to come back to the game when the quality drops off for a better experience, sometimes I just don't want to see the game end. I've found a way around accumulating more games than necessary by means of keeping the game in the system until it is beaten. For older PC games, I make sure to buy the physical box before moving on to the next game.

56Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:34 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Mine is way worse now.

57Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Take a picture of your backlog for us!

58Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Would be easier to just list them due to my games being in different boxes. I did recently make some attempt to organize them. I now have one box that is all PS4 which is what I'm mainly playing.

But it's not always about the number of games though. I may have discussed this before but my backlog is also made up of hundreds of runs or tasks within games.

Take Dragon Quest Heroes. I've beaten it, unlocked everything and got the platinum trophy, but it's still in my backlog. How?simply because I'm not done with it. For games I end up loving I'll squeeze every bit of mechanical juice out of them. So in DQH I still have tons of accessory customizing and documentation to do.

I did set some rules earlier though. One was that I play through everything I have that I haven't played. Whether I 100% them or not is up to how I feel but the squeezing I mentioned must not happen while I have unplayed stuff, otherwise I could spend hundreds of hours on them long after they've finished.

Another was to not buy any new games but I don't like missing sales and such. As long as I can follow the first rule I should be fine, but oftentimes I can't. There'll be this nagging in my head where I have to try some idea.

Now that I'm gravitating towards this huge RPGs, it's going to take even longer to get one game off the list.

59Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:22 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

That sounds like a 'replaylog'. Say hi to my backlog (2020 game purchases edition):
Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Dcf24718245e82c935d210422e022503cf1268d2

60Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:48 am

hebass

C-Rank

Backlogs are fun, right!? I've had an ever growing backlog for the past 20 years. Longer if you count even the very old games I want to play still that I never got to. I've purchased way more games than I could ever play at this point. I had a problem at one point Sad.

Even games I must buy these days I have trouble getting to. The only games that I ever definitely player are Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, and Ninja Gaiden, and 2D Castlevania|Megaman. Everything else is...hopefully going to be played at some point. I just need to live until I'm 250 and all will be well!

61Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

hebass wrote:Everything else is...hopefully going to be played at some point. I just need to live until I'm 250 and all will be well!
Better start collecting those 1-Ups.  bounce

Does your backlog need a panoramic shot to capture it? It would be nice if everyone posted pictures of games they bought this year that they haven't beat.

62Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:28 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>That sounds like a 'replaylog'.
Yes and no. Yes it's replaying but in a sense I don't view them as completed until some specific goal is achieved.

>your backlog
Do you have PS4/X1? It would be better to get Dead Rising on one of those. Fantastic game.

>recent
Secret Of Mana
Trials of Mana
Trails of Cold Steel 3
Code Vein
.hack Last Recode (3 games)
Shining Resonance Refrain
Final Fantasy Type Zero
Final Fantasy 13 (all 3)

Probably some more I'm forgetting. Planning to get Atelier Ryza soon.

63Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:35 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Birdman wrote:
Do you have PS4/X1?
No. Don't worry though, I already have a backlog (sealed copy of The Evil Within) for PS4. haha.

64Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:32 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Just bought Fairy Fencer F Advent something.

65Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:47 pm

hebass

C-Rank

vert1 wrote:Better start collecting those 1-Ups.  bounce

Working on it haha

vert1 wrote:Does your backlog need a panoramic shot to capture it?

I have games in many different places. Some readily available in the livingroom, some in the bedroom, some in the closet in boxes. Would be hard to get a screenshot of all of them...but will consider it! At the very least, I'll take a screenshot of my Ninja Gaiden collection at some point.

vert1 wrote:It would be nice if everyone posted pictures of games they bought this year that they haven't beat.

For specifically this year only purchased games not completed (or even started in most cases):

Physical Games:
Nioh 2
Bayonetta & Vanquish combo (I've owned and completed Bayonetta previously on multiple platforms, but have never played Vanquish)
Paper Mario: The Origami King (In two weeks this would be added to the list lol)
The Last of Us Part II
Trials Of Mana
Secret of Mana (PS4)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (I've played 6 chapters)
Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard (Wii U)
Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U)
Ghost of Tsushima (soon...I will play this one when I get it!)

I buy a bunch of digital games too...but I won't list those here presently...

Side note, I recently went through the painstaking process of cataloging my physical games. I got to the point where I wasn't sure what I had actually purchased of some older system games (I'm old). I never thought that would happen. List serves 2 purposes, don't double buy, but also allows me to write a program that will import that list and choose games based on categories randomly so I don't have to be stunlocked every time it's time to choose a new game >

66Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:04 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Top to Bottom:Somewhat Recent to Recent

Finished:

Metal Gear Solid
Spyro 3
RPG Maker Demo
DBZ Budokai 1-3
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 & 3
Soul Calibur 2(PS2 only)
Crash Tag Team Racing
DMC 1-3SE
Spiderman 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kung Fu Panda(I haven't play this in a long time, I should try it out again)
Dynasty Warriors 4 & 5 Empires(a pick up and play in my eyes)
Ratchet and Clank
Samurai Warriors(Not 100% but I am satisfied.)
Spiderman FOF
Tekken 4(I play Tekken Force now since I have everyone's ending)
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Bioshock Infinite
COD 4 & WAW
DMC 4 & DmC
Destiny
DBRB2
Heavenly Sword
Max Payne 3
Metal Gear Rising
PS All Stars(Main roster)
SoulCalibur 4 & 5
Star Wars Force Unleashed 1 & 2
Skyrim(Except Dawnguard)
WWE 11-16(Except 15)
WWE All Stars
Uncharted 2 & 3
Crimsonland
DOA5LR
DOOM 2016
Dynasty Warriors 8XLCE
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 5(Main story)
Fist Of The North Star: Lost Paradise
Shadow Warrior 1 & 2
SoulCalibur 6(Main Story)
DOA2U
Max Payne 1 & 2
Ninja Gaiden 2(On the easiest difficulty)
Mortal Kombat XL(Main Story)
Super Smash Bros Melee
Pokemon SS,Black 1 & 2, Y, and Moon
Lego Battles
Kirby Mass Attack
Astro Boy DS(just an average beat/shoot em up)
Drawn To Life
DBZ: Attack of the Saiyans
DBZ: Buu's Fury
Infamous 1,2, and Festival of Blood
Real Steel
Super Kids Racing(Don't buy this)
Nex Machina(Easy Difficulty)
Peggle 2
Injustice 1
Assassin's Creed Bloodlines
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Killzone:Liberation
WWE 2010(PSP)
Sonic The Fighters

Actually I should stop here for now because I don't want to make this too long. I apologize for so far making a finished games list. I just want to separate my stuff.

67Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:31 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Wow.

How long did it take to clear these?

68Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

A week at least. Keep in mind that even though I did put somewhat recent to recent, I was putting in games that I played throughout my life. My main problem imo is that I just play more than I finish.

69Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:31 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Current Games:
Nioh
Legacy Of Kain: Blood Omen
New Super Mario Bros. U
Glass Masquerade
Hotline Miami
Dynasty Warriors 9
Superhot Mind Control Delete
Ninja Gaiden 2 on Warrior Difficulty(Twice)

What games I want to continue playing:
Dynasty Warriors 5
Sundered
Quake 2
WarioWorld
Crash Nitro Kart
Gungrave
Onimusha 2
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Shinobi
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on the hardest difficulties
Ninja Gaiden 04

I also made a mistake in the last post. A week at least for each game.

70Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:18 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Birdman wrote:>That sounds like a 'replaylog'.
Yes and no. Yes it's replaying but in a sense I don't view them as completed until some specific goal is achieved.
The true horror. When playing Haunting Ground it occurred to me that this isn't a game that gets stuck in a backlog or a "backlog game". And beating it, well, this isn't a game that gets beaten once. Now I'm supposed to keep playing just like I did with Resident Evil 4. All the other games are to fade away. "Back-to-log game"?

71Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:43 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah.

I've lost count of my HG and RE4 hours. We should be talking years.

72Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

I tried to stop adding more games to my backlog, but I had to add the Maximo games since they seem like something I might like. That said, still not sure if I should play some of the Castlevania games, never played a single game in the series.

As it stands, I have approximately 40 PS2 games I've yet to play, and probably a total of 100+ games on various consoles, PS2 included, of course.

I think I will start playing OoT 3D, just finished replaying all the mainline Ace Attorney games, plus the Investigation ones.

73Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I made an account on Backloggd. As I said on Twitter, I don't have any use for features like reviews and ratings and that there was little difference between my list on my phone, but it's OK just for listing and keeping track. Having game pages with pictures helps.

Sometimes I just go through the front page list and come across stuff I want to play and add it. Don't think there's a way to share lists on the site. I'll type my list here later.

74Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:57 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Done with Silent Bomber. What's next?

I'm thinking to get the shorter stuff out of the way first.

75Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:53 pm

GN1

B-Rank

IIRC you have said you played Viewtiful Joe but haven't finished it, if that's the case it's a great short game to play, and you can always come back later for the higher difficulties and extra characters.

76Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:19 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Hotline Miami could be good too. 4 hours max. Even on Switch it should be fine.

77Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Have you played Sifu? I found it to be a really nice 'palette cleanser'. It's a fun twist on action-games and arcade classics for a modern title.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

78Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:26 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Viewtiful Joe
That's a good one. I'll short list it along with the sequel.

>Hotline Miami and Sifu
While good choices, I don't own either. Was going to get HM when I eventually get a PC, and Sifu is too expensive for something I'm not sure I'll like or replay.

Here's what I'm looking at from what I currently have access to.

VJ1
VJ2
RE1 (PS1 original)
Tomb Raider 3
Kunoichi
RE2 remake
Claire (not sure I care to play this)
Otogi 1&2 (but don't really like them)
Panzer Dragoon Remake
Destroy All Humans 1&2
Ninja Gaiden
Sol Cresta
Nex Machina
Thumper
Crimson Sea 2 (not sure if I still have the disc)
Sea Salt

The rest are RPG or action RPG or stuff I can't play without PC/PS1 emulator.

Was considering Ninja Gaiden but wondering how short it will be when I'm dying constantly.

79Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:46 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Removed RE1, TR3 and Dew Prism.

Couldn't play RE1 and and TR3. They just feel too primitive in their controls. Actually RE1 wasn't that bad but I still just don't want to play it anymore.

Dew Prism is in Japanese and I can't read anything like the equipment and shop menus. It also sucks.

Will consider what to finish next. Got my PS2 and Xbox out ready to go.

80Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:49 am

GN1

B-Rank

I don't think Ninja Gaiden needs further introduction here lol, but while it's a must play, it's not a short game by any means.

Have you played Crimson Sea 1? It's an OG Xbox exclusive while the sequel is a PS2 exclusive. They are action RPGs or more pure action? Kinda curious about them.

I actually played Panzer Dragoon Remake, it's like and hour or 2 long IIRC.

81Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:20 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

My list is on Backloggery. As far as I know they don't have images for games, but I'm fine either way. It's just a way to keep track of everything (that reminds me, I still need to update it with the games GN1 suggested me). Can only really play Wii, and 6th gen games and below (except for Xbox), but my priority as of now is to play everything on my PS2 list, short or not. I'm in no rush to finish each game on my backlog though, I'll take my time to enjoy them at my own pace.

>reviews and ratings
Don't much care for the former either, and Backloggery has a star rating system which I only use to 'express' how much I enjoyed a particular game, not so much if it's a mechanically deep game or not (and then there's games I have beaten but didn't rate them either way, mostly out of laziness).

Here is my list, in case anyone is interested:

https://backloggery.com/games.php?user=millenium85

Also, will you be trying that one game you mentioned, Oni?

Guess Mega Man 11 could be another short game you might be interested in trying.

82Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:12 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>NG length
How long is it? When I say I want to play my shorter games first, that's in comparison to the far longer ones like Nier Automata and other RPG/Action RPGs. So it just has to be shorter than those to apply.

>Have you played Crimson Sea 1? 
Years ago but don't remember much about it. CS2 seems more like DW with laser guns and energy swords. Only played the first mission.

>Panzer Dragoon remake is short
Got a feeling it was. Might clear that soon then.

>I'm in no rush to finish
The reason I am is because it will let me decide which games are worth keeping and replaying for years. From there they go into a separate list.

>Oni
I've played it before but no I won't be playing it.

>another short game you might be interested in trying
What I meant was, games on my current list that are shorter than the others. Though I am open to recommendations.
I played Megaman 11 but couldn't get into it.

>that backlog site
The categories like beaten and completion are similar to my lists. So right now my goal is to beat the games in my list.
From there they'll go to the sell or keep pile. The keep list will be the ones I 100% and replay. That list is Replay Forever.

83Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:11 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Went with NG.

84Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:34 am

GN1

B-Rank

Great choice!

I think a first playthrough of NG2004/NGB on normal can take like 15- 20 hours or so, especially if you want to find more scarabs and do some fiend challenges. I also didn't use Ninpo so I probably died more.

Have fun, and don't forget the real fun comes later in the higher difficulties and mission mode.

85Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:28 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I think 15-20 hours is a good estimate for NG. I’m also especially bad at it so it feels like longer.

About to sign up on backloggery and make a list. Should be fun.

86Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:15 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Removed Otogi 1&2.

I used to like them way back when first discovered while trawling for obscure action games but now I can't stand them.

87Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:36 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got some ISOs of games I remember playing or watching someone play in my early 20s.

Astro Boy is an action game. It's based on the anime.

The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age is a turn based RPG.

Going to try the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance games again too.

88Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:45 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Birdman:

>The reason I am is because it will let me decide which games are worth keeping and replaying for years. From there they go into a separate list
Makes sense.

>I've played it before but no I won't be playing it.
Oh, didn't know you played it. So how is it?

>What I meant was, games on my current list that are shorter than the others. Though I am open to recommendations.
Oh, I see.

Infinity:

>About to sign up on backloggery and make a list. Should be fun.
Would be nice to see it. Maybe I can see if there's some old games I don't know about that I can try.

This reminds me of the times you guys did tier lists. I kind of want to make one myself which would include all the games we know about (as there's always some missing titles in the existing lists that the site has), but that will have to wait, as I think I'm going to go on a vacation this week where there's no signal or electricity.

89Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:10 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Oh, didn't know you played it. So how is it?
Don't remember it that well. Only played a little.

90Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:17 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Got my hands on these:

Valkyrie Profile 2
Dark Cloud 2
Rogue Galaxy
Infamous
Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Interested in getting Fallen Order.

91Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Fallen Order was really disappointing for me personally, but I know it has fans so your milage may vary. Infamous is great btw, enjoy that one!

92Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:39 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I've got rid of most of my games.

Only games from Platinum I'm keeping are Vanquish, MGR and Transformers.

Not sure if I still want Killer Is Dead. Never really liked any of Suda's games more than Lollipop Chainsaw.

So now all I have on PS4 is TF, Dragon's Dogma DA, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, FF12, Knack 2 and DMC4 SE.

On PS3 I have LC, Vanquish, MGR, El Shaddai and Killer Is Dead. I'll probably get rid of El Shaddai too. Gameplay doesn't do it for me.

On Switch I only have Okami and Hyrule Warriors AoC.

Then there's my PS1 and 2 stuff. Already cut that down.
Also some ISOs but don't have to worry about those as they're easily deleted.

Most of the stuff I got rid of I didn't finish. They just didn't make the grade. If they were full of annoying aspects or I didn't touch them for years then they got sold.

Series X is out of stock here. You have pre-order them. Next batch is coming in February. They're $900 so I won't be getting one any time soon. But when I do I'll be getting NGB and NG2.

93Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:51 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Me? Backlog? I famously have everything under control, and a backlog totally doesn't affect my buying habits.

But in all seriousness, I'm thinking of changing Steam categories from D-SSS (and F for games that don't work) to "sunk cost" and "non-sunk cost". Don't know why I bought Stalker and Fear when I hate horror games.

Besides, I'm having more fun with old games, and loading and unloading isos remind me of consoles in a good way.

If Viewtiful Joe was made today, it would set the indie world on fire. Cel-shaded side scroller with marginal difficulty. It would be the next Hollow Knight.

94Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:46 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

>Black Adam

you started Elden Ring yet or are you saving that for later?

>I hate horror games

they fuck me up too. could you handle the horror aspect of pre-Elden Ring Souls games? cuz i had difficulty. i think i can handle horror better now but i tried Resident Evil 4 and 5 recently and i quickly stopped-- just fucking no, god they're so stressful. i genuinely couldn't go on. i didn't like the gameplay of either of them anyway.

95Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:13 am

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

>Elden Ring

I decided to save it. At least finish the Souls I have first. I'll probably get it on its 1 year anniversary.

>Horror

I can just about handle horror souls and 3rd person RE, minus regenerators. Silent Hill, PT, Fatal Frame, those kinds of games, especially with Yurei ghosts are too much for me. There's this mobile game White Day The School they gave away for free a few years ago. The first enemy is a normal man, but I was looking at some screenshots of the things that come after, and that's a nope from me.

>scary movies

I don't find movies scary in the slightest. I think it's because you're a passive viewer. The closest I'd find to scary are the original Ring, Grudge and spinoffs. Something about unstoppable Yurei spirits who don't care who you are or what you've done. If you're unlucky enough to cross them, they'll chase yo to the ends of the earth, and not even a padded cell is safe.

On a rewatch, they're not too bad, but still scarier than 99% of modern horror, where it's like reading the script while you watch it. "30 mins in, too soon for the monster to appear, must be a fakeout." That was pretty much my reaction to Barbarian. At least with RE, it's a man-made monster. And if you're not Jill Valentine or STARS, Nemesis leaves you alone. I think Dead Space is similar. A lot of action horror and wave-like combat encounters. You just think like a level designer - "where's a really bad place to put an enemy right now" - and they're usually there.

I watched a Fear 2 walkthrough years ago. I assume it's still the scariest of the trilogy, minus the bloody hallway in 1, but maybe it's not as scary as I remember. I played this game called Vexx when younger, and found some of the enemies quite intimidating. Although checking it out today, I still think the white aliens and realistic goombas are a bit much for young kids, calling it scary is laughable. On the other hand, I played the Fear-inspired Trepang 2. That occasionally had some non-human enemies that gave quite a fright.

I've watched a lot of Silent Hill content, but there's something about the unscripted horror games like it and stalker that just make them too unnerving for me to play. Or at least the atmospheric horror over the "quiet, quiet, bang" horror that goes away after you've seen it.

Last edited by Black Adam on Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

96Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:52 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

do you have trouble with scary movies? because for some reason films don't affect me whatsoever, it's just games. i wish it were the opposite.

if you can handle fucking Resident Evil games then i imagine FEAR would not be a problem for you (even if you do struggle with Yurei spirits) because even for me FEAR is a complete joke in regards to the scare factor. the little girl is all in-game cutscenes/telegraphed scripted shit (and so is 99% of the 'horror' in general), she's not an actual enemy.

97Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:26 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> VJ
Such a great game. I do fear most current day normies would hate how your meter-length resets per stage, and just how brutal the game is. As well as "why should I use these mechanics if I can just use x" (idiots).

> FEAR
I used to have this issue with horror games too, ironically what set me above it was playing it with some music or just watching a let's play so I at least know the jumpscares. I personally love propper horror, but sadly to most devs and audiences that means a monster suddenly jumping at you with a sudden sound going "BOO!". Silent Hill 2 and 4 are the best type of horror for me. It's unsettling, unnerving and disorienting - but not a jumpscare in sight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum