You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you have a backlog?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Thu May 24, 2018 11:17 pm

Birdman

I'm guessing this thing is intended because it's not basic hitstun, but an actual full dizzy state that only exists in one other instance, which is when you hit sunstones and the shockwave hits them.

There are all these other little details too. Like if you have archer and bomber goblins attacking you, both of these are ranged types. If it so happens that a bomb explodes on or near a fired arrow, it actually destroys their arrow. So they're actually stopping their friends from hitting you.

You can block both so I was just standing in a corner getting bombed and shot, and noticed the bomb explosions were destroying arrows.

Speedy Knack's shockwave move can also destroy incoming projectiles, but not beams from robots. Haven't tested others like clone Knack's boomerang, but it seems anything that can be parried can be destroyed, except for bombs. Those can't be parried but it still stops those too. It's kind of useless to try and set up, because why would you waste meter on something you can either parry for free or just run and jump to avoid. And the way stronger beams can't be stopped. It's like they were just trying to make it extremely detailed which I think is pretty cool.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total

52Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:22 am

Birdman

Still doing this shit. I've realized I have little control over it.

It's the minutiae that really interests me in games. A lot of it you'll never see unless you purposely go digging for it.

Problem is I have too many games to do this in.

At least I've cut down a few but there's another problem. Earlier in this topic I said I didn't want to continue Beatdown. But now I do. Some switch flicked in my head. Probably because I only have the Japanese version which made it hard to figure stuff out. Need to get an English version.

I know I don't want to play Bloodstained anymore. I got it for free so I lose nothing. Might put it towards Dragon Quest Builders 2.

So there are two kinds of list. Not played/haven't finished, and replay. Replay is for study and documentation which could take forever so that list is secondary.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total

53Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:31 am

Birdman

I'm pleased to say I've gotten through or at least tested a few games and have determined whether or not I'll ever touch them again. This isn't so bad.

54Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:18 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
C-Rank
Got pulled away from Infamous 1 runwork (melee-only was one-third the way done). Never got to play the challenges or highest setting with X-Men:O:W. Didn't get to do challenge runs for Dante's Inferno. Only thing left (other than recording) for me with GoW would be the clones (VH NUR and higher). Didn't get to do challenge run work with DMC3 or Bayo 1 like I wanted to. DaS3's final patch (with DLC) SL1 NUR+ remains. Was doing a bunch of NUR+ stuff for DaS1 (aside from Bow ONLY). DaS2 had at least four runs planned, but the first ran afoul of the conditions meaning Darklurker was the first boss. It would be fine were it not for the limited tries (cant just keep getting effigies). Need to learn save states so I can practice properly before trying legit. Had light plans for DeS and BB. Didn't get to do so much as vanilla VH for SWFU2. No real work at all with MGR:R, God Hand, NG, C:LoS, Heavenly Sword and so on. Got distracted while making good progress in Dead Space 2 during the VH No-Gun NUR+ (was just after the first Pack fight). Lost all my plans (and coverage). Shame. Still didn't finish Legends of Mana (Oni pulled out). Same really for C:SotN. List goes on, no doubt.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/the-ultimate-god-of-war-union-bo

55Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:07 am

vert1

vert1
D-Rank
Yeah, I have a quite a bit of unbeaten games. Sometimes the game is too hard to beat, sometimes it makes sense to come back to the game when the quality drops off for a better experience, sometimes I just don't want to see the game end. I've found a way around accumulating more games than necessary by means of keeping the game in the system until it is beaten. For older PC games, I make sure to buy the physical box before moving on to the next game.

56Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:34 am

Birdman

Mine is way worse now.

57Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 am

vert1

vert1
D-Rank
Take a picture of your backlog for us!

58Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 am

Birdman

Would be easier to just list them due to my games being in different boxes. I did recently make some attempt to organize them. I now have one box that is all PS4 which is what I'm mainly playing.

But it's not always about the number of games though. I may have discussed this before but my backlog is also made up of hundreds of runs or tasks within games.

Take Dragon Quest Heroes. I've beaten it, unlocked everything and got the platinum trophy, but it's still in my backlog. How?simply because I'm not done with it. For games I end up loving I'll squeeze every bit of mechanical juice out of them. So in DQH I still have tons of accessory customizing and documentation to do.

I did set some rules earlier though. One was that I play through everything I have that I haven't played. Whether I 100% them or not is up to how I feel but the squeezing I mentioned must not happen while I have unplayed stuff, otherwise I could spend hundreds of hours on them long after they've finished.

Another was to not buy any new games but I don't like missing sales and such. As long as I can follow the first rule I should be fine, but oftentimes I can't. There'll be this nagging in my head where I have to try some idea.

Now that I'm gravitating towards this huge RPGs, it's going to take even longer to get one game off the list.

59Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:22 am

vert1

vert1
D-Rank
That sounds like a 'replaylog'. Say hi to my backlog (2020 game purchases edition):
Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Dcf24718245e82c935d210422e022503cf1268d2

60Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:48 am

hebass

D-Rank
Backlogs are fun, right!? I've had an ever growing backlog for the past 20 years. Longer if you count even the very old games I want to play still that I never got to. I've purchased way more games than I could ever play at this point. I had a problem at one point Sad.

Even games I must buy these days I have trouble getting to. The only games that I ever definitely player are Zelda, Mario, Final Fantasy, and Ninja Gaiden, and 2D Castlevania|Megaman. Everything else is...hopefully going to be played at some point. I just need to live until I'm 250 and all will be well!

61Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 am

vert1

vert1
D-Rank
@hebass wrote:Everything else is...hopefully going to be played at some point. I just need to live until I'm 250 and all will be well!
Better start collecting those 1-Ups.  bounce

Does your backlog need a panoramic shot to capture it? It would be nice if everyone posted pictures of games they bought this year that they haven't beat.

62Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:28 am

Birdman

>That sounds like a 'replaylog'.
Yes and no. Yes it's replaying but in a sense I don't view them as completed until some specific goal is achieved.

>your backlog
Do you have PS4/X1? It would be better to get Dead Rising on one of those. Fantastic game.

>recent
Secret Of Mana
Trials of Mana
Trails of Cold Steel 3
Code Vein
.hack Last Recode (3 games)
Shining Resonance Refrain
Final Fantasy Type Zero
Final Fantasy 13 (all 3)

Probably some more I'm forgetting. Planning to get Atelier Ryza soon.

63Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:35 am

vert1

vert1
D-Rank
@Birdman wrote:
Do you have PS4/X1?
No. Don't worry though, I already have a backlog (sealed copy of The Evil Within) for PS4. haha.

64Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:32 am

Birdman

Just bought Fairy Fencer F Advent something.

65Do you have a backlog? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you have a backlog? on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:47 pm

hebass

D-Rank
@vert1 wrote:Better start collecting those 1-Ups.  bounce

Working on it haha

@vert1 wrote:Does your backlog need a panoramic shot to capture it?

I have games in many different places. Some readily available in the livingroom, some in the bedroom, some in the closet in boxes. Would be hard to get a screenshot of all of them...but will consider it! At the very least, I'll take a screenshot of my Ninja Gaiden collection at some point.

@vert1 wrote:It would be nice if everyone posted pictures of games they bought this year that they haven't beat.

For specifically this year only purchased games not completed (or even started in most cases):

Physical Games:
Nioh 2
Bayonetta & Vanquish combo (I've owned and completed Bayonetta previously on multiple platforms, but have never played Vanquish)
Paper Mario: The Origami King (In two weeks this would be added to the list lol)
The Last of Us Part II
Trials Of Mana
Secret of Mana (PS4)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (I've played 6 chapters)
Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard (Wii U)
Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U)
Ghost of Tsushima (soon...I will play this one when I get it!)

I buy a bunch of digital games too...but I won't list those here presently...

Side note, I recently went through the painstaking process of cataloging my physical games. I got to the point where I wasn't sure what I had actually purchased of some older system games (I'm old). I never thought that would happen. List serves 2 purposes, don't double buy, but also allows me to write a program that will import that list and choose games based on categories randomly so I don't have to be stunlocked every time it's time to choose a new game >

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum