Gabriel Phelan Lucas
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1God of War 1 Tech Empty God of War 1 Tech Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users

This might be temporary, just dump all the tech pertaining to this entry in here.

2God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:49 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm thinking of writing down a Tactical Guide like I did for Vanquish. Interested?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:55 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Do it.

4God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Cryoshock

D-Rank
Veteran

^ Seconded. Would definitely be interested.

5God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

http://forum.stingermagazine.com/t147-god-of-war-3-general-discussion#3179

This post has some information in it. I might get started on the 'guide' this week :)

6God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:04 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Found this Korean guy. No idea if he's good or not. Might be worth a look even if bad.
Sometimes I watch playthroughs of games and see something new even though the players are horrible.

I remember when my button smashing friend found out this usage of a really weak mini-con for Transformers when fighting Megatron and I was able to turn it into a nice strategy. You never know.

7God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Skimmed through it looking for the most telling fights and he's okay. He knows how to play that's for sure, does the loops and some good grab setups. But you can also see he doesn't abuse certain other tactics, like he does ranged plumes from a distance against those ball-arm enemies, while you can just stay to their left where they can't reach you, make the fights go much faster. Still, I expected random spam of stuff, instead I got someone who at least knows how to play which is great!

8God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:51 pm

UglySpartan

UglySpartan
D-Rank

I’m a little late, but I hope it helps someone. And just in case English is not my first language. Also I’m not the best player so there is probably a lot more to find.
1. There are several ways to make heavy attack come out faster: pressing t(t=triangle) after s(s=square), pressing t arter r1(shoulder charge), pressing triangle during a dodge.
2. Most of BoC moves can be cancelled into block, dodge, jump and magic(most useful one is Zeus’s Fury since you can bring it out and put it out very fast). Exceptions are: specials attacks which require pressing block(e.g. l1+s), plumes(they can be cancelled only during starting frames), third hit of Hermes Fury(r1,r1,r1 combo).
3. Dodge in this game has a very long recovery, but if you press s or t while dodging Kratos will do an attack after a dodge. And these attacks(as stated earlier) can be cancelled into block(and therefore into special attacks), jump(useful sometimes since you can use special attacks in the air) or dodge. Basically you can dodge immediately after previous dodge and continue dodging this way onward. This fast dodging also does not drop combo counter.
4. If you hold t during dodge Kratos will do a launcher after the dodge. There is another way to launch enemies after a dodge: dodge, s, and before s comes out cancel it with l1+x. I personally prefer the second way.
5. You can jump twice in the air even if you do an attack between jumps. I think that the best attacks to use between jumps are l1+x, l1+t, l1+s. After second jump you can press t to launch enemy higher and continue attacking it in the air.
6. Hermes Rush(r1 on the ground) is a great mobility and damage tool in combat. It can’t be cancelled into block or dodge but it always can be cancelled into a jump. There is another cancel. When you hit an enemy with r1, press L2(Zeus’s Fury equipped), then x and then press r1 again, repeat.  This way you can quickly do many shoulder charges. Does not work if the enemy is blocking.
7. Example of a combo which combines previous tips: r1,L2,x,r1,t,x,L1+s,x,t,L1+t,L1+x,o
8. Second hit of r1,r1,r1 combo can be cancelled. r1,r1,L2(Zeus’s Fury) is the most useful one.
9. In my opinion first GoW has the best parry/counterattack system in the series. After parry you can press s(it is the same horizontal slash as at the end of 6 square combo, it can be cancelled into everything(except magic for some reason)),t(plume), r1(does 4 hits, uncancellable). Kratos is vulnerable during counterattacks so you have to pay attention to enemies around you and use appropriate counter.
10. Changing from BoC to BoA gives you invincibility frames. This animation can also be activated by using L2(ZF) with BoA. But you have to press L2 in advance in order to avoid damage.
11. You can use BoC special attacks while using BoA. Use Medusa’s Gaze or Zeus’s Fury in the air and then hold block. Now instead of BoA special attacks you will do BoC special attacks.
12. Changing from BoA to BoC is immediate.
13. The same things about cancelling attacks and cancelling dodging recovery applies to BoA. But r1 with BoA can be cancelled like all over attacks.
14. BoA staggers enemies much better than BoC. Some enemies(e.g. minotaurs in hades) can be killed by repeating one hit combo with BoA(s,l1,s,l1,sl1…). The easiest way of killing blue minotaurs that i found is doing a couple of light hits with BoA, when it staggers change to BoC press s,t, jump and spam grab in the air.    
I probably forgot something. But these are the things that I use the most.

9God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:42 am

Zapan

Zapan
C-Rank

An observation: aerial specials have far less recovery time than ground specials, and can be linked with other aerial specials (or immediately followed by a grab against weaker enemies). I found this very useful against the Pandora Temple Minotaur, and against Cyclop Enforcers, even on VH.

Btw, are there just frames and/or buffering in the series? Just curious. As the above poster noted, you can execute a launcher during a dodge, but I don't know if it counts as buffering.

10God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:12 pm

Lulcielid

Lulcielid
D-Rank

Inertia is a thing in GOW1: Kratos can generate inertia by jumping while inputing a direction, and he can use it while attacking and blocking mid-air.

11God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:55 pm

Zapan

Zapan
C-Rank

While grabbing an Undead Legionnaire, you can cancel the grab with a jump (but only before you select one the three attack options, IIRC).

Also, here are some other cancels: 

12God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:34 pm

Zimnas

Zimnas
D-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Aside from the discoveries last year (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfcG9WBBP9x7XKTU3eAAAwBn5HNkdWGuH&si=iPUkYeCtPzC0Ps1p), I would like to add this:

-You can guarantee a launcher (preferably T) on Cerberus Breeders after hitting them with a Zeus' fury bolt.

13God of War 1 Tech Empty Re: God of War 1 Tech Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:05 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Recall that coming up during the stream with Zester. Clash doing 2DMG against Ares2 don't mean shit to me, but ND lads can't be happy with that. What a cheapshot, low blow. You already know they let the sound guy do this. Fuck you, Jason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum