Gabriel Phelan Lucas
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

And there's my reason to buy a Switch. Apparently 1&2 are also going to be ported.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Made a seperate board for this, as for DMCV (which is pretty much confirmed at this point).

Honestly, I'm hype. I really hope they give it new life, a new spin and continue the trend of innovation while fixing the big problems the first and second game had. Bayonetta 2 was almost flawless if not for one design oversight which ruined the combat. I am a bit curious as to her design here though, seems to be her Bayonetta 1 design, and I vastly prefer that they change it up per game - makes it really feel new.

Have to give Nintendo credit, they really believe in Bayonetta it seems. I have a feeling they really want her IP to be of their own. Can't wait to play it!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Damn, shits really gettin cryazeeyh. Those bayo ports and bayo 3 better be solid 60fps, swear on me mum.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Gabriel Phelan Lucas wrote:Damn, shits really gettin cryazeeyh. Those bayo ports and bayo 3 better be solid 60fps, swear on me mum.

Pretty sure they will. The WiiU version of those titles were flawless in terms of graphical presentation and stability. Don't think I ever saw Bayonetta 2 dip below the 55.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The genre could be making an epic comeback with these.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Doubtful, sales-wise at least. Bayonetta 2 sold like crap, as did Bayonetta 1 on PC. It is really a name people complain about for 'not coming to their console' but they never buy it. It is what I fear what will happen with Metroid Prime 4 down the line, everyone complained that they never made a new one, then they make a new one, and nobody buys it. I expect around 500.000 sales for Bayonetta 3. Maybe a bit more depending on Smash Brothers fans taking a look.

DMC5 will probably not surpass it's previous games in terms of sales, especially with its bad reputation now. I expect around 2 million sales for this game.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Sounds like what happened when Nintendo got Okamiden. Then later Switch fans are bitching because Okami HD isn't on their precious console.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

One piece of ignorance that always hits home with me is that people seem to prefer there not being a Bayonetta 2 and 3 to them being exclusive. Because without Nintendo's funding, it just wouldn't have happened.

I do find it interesting how they are pushing Bayonetta though, while leaving their own IP (Wonderful 101) in the dust. Though granted, Bayonetta 2 sold 800.000 copies, and W101 only 400.000. Of the 15~ million WiiU owners (not counting selling them back), that's quite a lot of Bayonetta 2 players. Have to say those numbers surprise me.

I take my previous comment back, maybe Bayonetta 3 will crack the million.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I consider exclusives I want on a console I don't own an inconvenience at the most. Would never wish they didn't exist. For me it's all about the games. I was going to buy an Xbox for Scalebound alone, and when that idea went through my head I barely registered the issue of having to shell out whatever they cost.

Have to get a Switch now but I don't care. Mario looks fun so there's that as well. Will probably have to wait a while because I have other things to pay for at present.

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Bayo 2 dips below 55 regularly here:

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

In the combat it seems to be around 50-60 unless the super particles appear or it's a heavy environment. But this video did take me by surprise, I am usually pretty sensitive to this type of thing but I didn't notice it.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Beginning to worry that this game might not actually exist... we've seen nothing in 3 and a half years...

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think this is more that they announced it way too fucking early, wouldn't be surprised the game was barely a week in development when the game was announced to generate some Switch hype.

Have to say I prefer the type of announcements Nintendo is doing like with Metroid Dread (to think I'd see the day btw...). Announcement, 1 hour livestream of gameplay after reveal, game releases in 3 months time. That's perfect imo.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

You're probably right... I hope you are, anyway!

Totally agree with it being better to announce games shortly before they're done. It's great seeing a trailer and then finding out you'll be able to play in 3-6 months time. Announcing a game years in advance rarely seems to be a benefit. It's hard to get excited about something that is years away, for me.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

They're complete morons.

And trailers without gameplay are dumb. No one wants to see some shit FMV.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Nintendo has done this before though. Smash Brawl was announced, logo and all, only for Iwata to meet with Sakurai the next day saying "so, you heard about that huh, well I want you to make it". Turns out nothing had even begun, they'd just announced it to generate console-buyer-hype.

Wouldn't be surprised if after the reveal Kamiya messaged Nintendo saying "eeeh...what".

In a recent interview he notes though that people should just imagine it doesn't exist so that when they get new information on it, it'll be a welcome surprise. He also noted that any reveals weren't up to him, but the publisher (Nintendo in this case).

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

>Iwata telling Sakurai to make a game he announced
Wat.

I honestly forget this was announced. It’s near impossible to care about something that goes years with no info or footage.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Iwata surprised Sakurai
Jup, this happened. They once talked about it on Iwata Asks IIRC.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

It lives.

GN1

B-Rank

I'm not a Bayonetta expert or anything, but am I the only one who was disappointed by the trailer? Or did I just expect too much from it 4 years after the announcement?

I mean the gameplay does look solid as it's Bayonetta after all, but I really hope the gray art style was made on purpose for this trailer and won't be representative of the actual game.

Seems like Urban Climax is back, and that there are also summon mechanics?

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

Honestly, I'm just glad the game is in a state where there is gameplay to show. I expected it to still be in some pre-alpha development hell, but no...it does exist. I'd agree in the sense that I hope future trailers are a bit more interesting.

I hope the majority of the game isn't set in this City environment. It's fine for a section or two, but if the whole game looks like this it'll be extremely dull. Much more dull than the first game's colour palette. The art style seems very different from the first two games - the enemy Bayo fights doesn't look very angelic at all, in my opinion. Not sure how I feel about that.

The video description seems to suggest the new "summon" system (if that's how it works) is called Demon Masquerade. I wonder if it replaces Umbran Climax. It seems like the Wicked Weaves don't use meter, unlike the summons which drain the gauge at the bottom left.

Some of the summon combat gives me slight Astral Chain vibes - I hope they can take some inspiration from that game and make it work in Bayo. Generally, I think it looks decent. I'm relieved it isn't a Soulslike, like some of the "leaks" claimed it was. That would have been a travesty.

EDIT: It doesn't look like her Wicked Weave attacks are "revealing" anymore. I'd usually blame it on today's society, but there are quite a few reports of Nintendo supporting Bayonetta's sexual nature (e.g. they asked Platinum to make the Nintendo-themed costumes iin previous games more sexy). I wonder if the story factors in to this at all.

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Well, I’m happy it’s still a thing, and it looks like tried and true Bayo. The summon system thing could be some Scalebound ideas that(obviously) never got implemented? I must say though, visually the trailer got a giant “eh” out of me.

It’s alright though. An actual action game to pay attention to.

GN1

B-Rank

It doesn't look bad, but it does look kinda lifeless and dull. I think Bayo 1 has a nice art style and designs except for the color palette.

There wasn't enough actual gameplay, and I haven't played beyond the prologue and first 2 chapters in both Bayo 1 and 2 so I don't have anything to analyze as well. Gameplay is what matters in the end, but this doesn't look promising, even it's still decent.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

> Bayo 1 has a nice art style and designs except for the color palette
Agreed. Bayo 2 continues the art style and adds a more vibrant colour palette. Was a pretty nice looking game, save for being 720p on underpowered Nintendo hardware.

> Scalebound
That's a good shout. Given Platinum seem to be working on so many projects at once, it probably shouldn't be surprising that you see elements of their other games crossing over - especially for a cancelled title that would otherwise be going to waste.

> Visuals
I really hope that most of the trailer content is a "fake-out", as there were references to Astral Chain (Lappy, the mascot) and Project GG (the dog is from the trailer for that, apparently). The video description jokes we've been waiting long enough for news, Bayo herself jokes that she's fashionably late...I hope it was just a bit of a joke. Or, at least, it's just the intro sequence or something. I'd be disappointed if it ends up looking like a big departure from Bayo1/2. I wasn't too big a fan of how Capcom changed up the artstyle for DMC with 5 (although, from a fidelity perspective, the game did look great). I hope this doesn't follow the same trend.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Looks like shit to be honest. Hope it isn't.

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

It looks like they are using the AC engine, this maybe explains why the game looks a bit rough still. Also I hope it'll run better than AC, but I have my doubts.
The multi TA look cool and are a good way to balance them after UC was introduced in Bayo 2. Summons seem interesting (she gets a Phantom summon while V doesn't, the irony) but we have to see how they are controlled, I don't know if there is enough space on the controller for both Bayo and summons at the same time without sacrificing something. They either make the summons very automatic or very simple.
Also this might not be Bayo after all but Cereza after she got sent back in time (it would explain the outfit), and it seems that we have Vergil-Jeanne at the end of the trailer.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

First off, I digged the fake-out for Astral Chain 2. The art-style looks different enough that I thought it might be possible.

That said, lot of negativity aboud on the game currently which is understandable. I mean, we've waited 4~ years to see something about it, so people's expectations were through the roof. Personally, I'm liking what I'm seeing. There's some clear parallels between it and DMC in how Bayonetta is now older (milf alert) and has a protogé, which is cool.

Gameplay wise, it's pretty far from what the originals were, which is neat imo. I think they could've gone two ways, either make Bayonetta 1 again combat-wise, but with Bayonetta 2's quality of leveldesign and enemy/boss variation, or just do something new and fresh. The main combat this time around feels more like building hits to fill your summon-gauge, with a few special attacks only staggering foes. Instead the summons are now big kaijou battles where you participate in, they look cool, probably aren't as mechanically interesting (depending on how well we can control them, seems to be a bit iffy with us just giving them commands (i.e. ranged mode, melee mode, sp-mode (whatever that means))). There's also some smaller fights where you do stagger foes and summons are not allowed and you can use Witchtime again. Combo-system seems to be slightly back, though not sure in what form.

It's probably more a game now that you'll play, have some great awesome setpieces with, beat and maybe revist from time to time than go in it for styling-combat. Granted, that's a day-one take, but the Kaijou seem to be very heavily featured and I think that gameplay style isn't going to quickly turn into something you'll replay very often, since they're slow in their movement.

So yeah, personally, I'm excited. You can do the same thing over and over again, or you can just try something new. We can always just replay Bayo1.

The director seems an odd choice though. Miyata is mostly an anime-game guy where he was a designer, it's his first directorial-role. Pretty big title to do this for.

> censorship
Might be a cultural thing. She's significantly older now it seems (late 30's, early 40s maybe), elderly need to be respected unless you're going for that specific type of...erotic entertainment haha. I honestly think this is Kamiya, not wanting to sexualize someone who is now at the age of being a mother.

> art style
Agreed on this, feels very...dull. Lots of grey and muted neon colors (how is that even possible). Bayonetta 1 and 2 looked really unique visually, especially the second game was quite the looker in the artistic department.

> how we control the summons
Seems to be through 'style' commands. You can see it in the trailer, she swaps the monster's fighting style between a Punch, Gun and SP. The dragon, when on 'gun', shoots his laser. So it's probably just that and nothing more.

> it's not bayo
Possible, she also has a different voice-actress which .. is a tad weird. The original VA isn't returning at all (she made a tad of a scene on Twitter a while back).

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Doesn't look like Bayonetta gameplay, looks like an ARPG. Actually kind of looks like scale bound.
I am much more excited as I wasn't a big fan of Bayonettas brand of Cuhrazy.
Really hope they do something new.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Small addition to my previous comment: the director is the same as that of Scalebound, so that makes a lot of sense. Might be that we're getting a hybrid of the two.

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

> Censorship
Worth noting I might have jumped the gun a little on this one. Seen some people noting that things might have been toned down for the Direct, as there was no blood either. Apparently this has happened with other games like The Witcher 3. I guess in time we'll see.

> It's not Bayo
The character we see in this trailer clearly has Cereza's hairstyle, so it's not a crazy suggestion. I think there were some time-travel shenanigans in the other games so maybe that's why this looks so different. If you remember, the initial teaser showed Bayo being cut in half down the middle. The games logo is also is also cracked in the middle, with the crack in the shape of a 3. Maybe Bayo is "split" between timelines or dimensions or whatever. I hope Hellena Taylor is involved somewhere, I think her performances really helped give Bayo an identity. When I look at the character in the trailer, I see someone that looks a lot like Bayo, but isn't quite her.

> Vergil Jeanne
I can't believe some of the weirdos on Reddit and in the YouTube comments are going "OMG dMC iS iN bAYo NoW?!". Thrown themselves head first into deciding this is a legit crossover between two companies that have, to my knowledge, never had any working partnerships. I thought they were joking to begin with, but it seems they aren't. My first assumption was that it was a punky looking Jeanne, or maybe even her daughter (a Cereza equivalent).

> Kamiya
His role on this project is Executive Director... not sure how much influence that gives him, to be honest.

> Doing something fresh
There's a tough balance for devs to find when doing sequels. Doing something different can be great so that each game has it's own quirks, and the sequels wouldn't make the previous games redundant (they aren't just the same but "better"). But, if doing something new, it still has to be as good as what came before it. I could see people being a bit deflated if there's too much emphasis on the Kaiju battles, especially if they end up being quite automated.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> direct censorship
Very possible, hadn't considered this.

> timeline stuff
Very likely, wouldn't be surprised the katana wielding girl near the end is another Bayonetta from another timeline, would be cool. Or maybe it's Jeanne.

> DMC is in Bayo now
Lot of people exposing themselves never having played Bayonetta. Them showing off Phantasmaraneae and that bird-summon from the first game and everyone losing their mind saying "omg Phantom and Griffon are in its DMC" is painful. One thing I noticed though....Bayonetta gets to summon a Phantom lookalike before V did ... that's just sad.

> Kamiya
He was just a supervisor with B2, so he seems more involved here. That said, his influence probably begins and ends with the mandatory schmup sections.

> fresh
Oh absolutely the quality has to remain similar. God of War 2018 was also something fresh, but mechanically speaking it was a step back in every regard, so it was more a rotten take than a fresh take if you get me.

My prediction is a bit as noted, I think it'll be a great game for 1 or 2 playthroughs if they focus on the Kaiju battles. I can't imagine doing that more than that.

32Bayonetta 3 announced for Nintendo Switch Empty the magic hex Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:02 pm

Dude, imagine my distaste when the unnamed video starts as the last one at Nintendo Direct with some special foce army team being highly ineffective against some monsterous monsters. I thought Oh jizz, A Hideo Kojima Game. Sad  But the goofy monsters win and it was Oh, naw. Must be the new Kamiya. It's hard to think in tropes.

From the material presented I think I wouldn't play this on my Switch Lite. Seems to be made to impress on a large screen. Bummer. Yeah, and the omnious figure at the end...I thought it was some Scalebound in-your-face. Whatever will be now, dude.

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Yeah it seems more like Bayo ft. Scalebound, which is cool tbh. Kamiya's sequels are always subpar compared to the original anyway, the might as well try something new.
It also seems that this is yet another push towards more spectacle, which is the part that the general public enjoyed the most about the previous games, the same way DMC5 leant more towards the cuhrayzee.

>style commands for the summons
It'll be pretty shallow then. But it's the only way to make them not a disaster with the controls.

>DMC X Bayo
Of course it isn't Vergil but they had to do it on purpose. Same hair, same pose, similar clothing, the katana, it's all there.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

To be honest I can't really recall any of Kamiya's games getting sequels done by the man himself. Games that he did, did get sequels, but never director by the man himself. Only one I can recall is Resident Evil Zero, where he was a game-designer though I don't know to what extent. Rest of the time it was either writer (VJ2) or supervisor-esque (bayo2).

> style commands
For a second I did think it was like they were copying your moves, that'd be cool.

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

By Kamiya's sequels I intended sequels of Kamiya's games, not the sequels that he directed (as you noted he did none), I phrased it badly.

>copying your moves
Doppelganger summons? Could work.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

In that respect, yeah most of them weren't that great. Only Resident Evil was improved imo, with RE3 being a stand-out title. Never played VJ2 so cannot judge, but I haven't heard the best things tbh. Were Okami's sequels nice?

37Bayonetta 3 announced for Nintendo Switch Empty biohazard bio Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:30 pm

Royta/Raeng wrote: Only one I can recall is Resident Evil Zero, where he was a game-designer though I don't know to what extent.

It's possible that's just a credit. As you know it started as a N64 project that got canceled.
Maybe he had some input in that, giving the time frame and it kept to the finished game for Cube.
Either way, he's been quoted by saying that he hates horror. Hates it.
I find that funny.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Were Okami's sequels nice?
Not really. It was on the DS and extremely limited. A massive downgrade in every possible area.

GN1

B-Rank

New trailer, it's out on October 28th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6a5-8_kt3E

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Okay seeing Bayo knock with her hands on the spider...that's a fucking cool callback.

Also basically Bayonetta-multiverse which is neat.

The designs still look whack, lacks that Bayonetta-artstyle for some reason, but we'll see.

Surprised they basically show the second protagonist, which seems to be not-vergil Jeanne haha. Also 'not godzilla' is pretty cool.

So far it looks like Bayo gameplay will be great Kajiu fun, but Verg-Viola looks a bit barren. Good to see Kamiya and Inaba are still involved in some regard.

GN1

B-Rank

About the art style, if I had to take a guess I would say that tried to reach a higher level of fidelity to make it look more like an 8th gen title, but the Switch is severely underpowered for that so the visual side suffered. Is it only me or the Homunculi models almost look like plastic?

the regular combo gameplay looks like what I expected, I wonder what the demon masquerade system will bring to the table, assuming it's not just for set pieces.

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Homunculi models
Made me think of Captain Planet and toothpaste.

I'm super interested in how the monsters work. Really want more info on their mechanics.

Memes of Monsoon

Memes of Monsoon
D-Rank

New enemies with their white& turquoise colour scheme remind me of Vanquish.

Looks like the gameplay has a considerable amount of changes. Bayo didn't use any wicked weave on the normal enemy so I'm guessing the strings no longer function like previous games. Demon controlling mechanic looks intriguing.

I'm curious how the boss fights will be handled this time.

Don't know how I feel about the new theme song. They should have used something a bit more upbeat IMO.

Hard to say anything about the new character. Not enough gameplay footage to make any interesting observation.

Love the new "naive angel mode". Very cheeky name by platinum.

GN1

B-Rank

In the first trailer when Bayonetta turns into a demon she does an attack that looks like Umbran Climax.
It will be interesting to see how regular combat will play if Bayonetta really doesn't have them anymore. Maybe they are reserved for the demon masquerade system on purpose of making it the central mechanic this time?

45Bayonetta 3 announced for Nintendo Switch Empty this is the new old same thing Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:52 pm

Fun, please!

I know it's not prime-plum 2005 anymore, and to create somthing now is to regard even non-players (who come for "story" and to "own" characters) and gamers (who consider themselfs "real"), for whatever monetary reasons. Should-the-new-one-revere-the-old-one-or-ignor-the-roots fun-damn-mentalism can't reach my hermit cave. I don't care for none of that, just gimme the feel I am playing a video game. The feel, not the meta. Me against them all.
Thank you.

Cheeky things are always fun. Let's see then.

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Bayo Origins was quite the surprise for TGA. It's just the Lost Chapters extended to a full game. Wouldn't be out of place with that Nier mobile game, but who knows, maybe there's a lost chapter with normal Bayo mechanics.

Can't say I'm fond of a Bayo origin story. I know the story of 3 was panned, but I prefer mysterious backstories for badass characters, not seeing them weak. It feels like nu Star Wars explaining the origin of Han's dice.

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

Lost Chapters: the game, oh joy. i knew they didn't make the graphics for the Lost Chapter just for that tiny side-segment but i thought it was gonna be for action DLC or their next game. mind-boggling; i genuinely can't conceive of even a single soul buying this. what's next, Angel Attack and Route 666 games?

i wish they made those graphics for the actual game of Bayonetta 3, it looks really nice and incomparably better than the actual game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum