Lollipop Chainsaw

+3
hedfone
Royta/Raeng
Birdman
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:45 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Adding my notes to the tactical forum but not all at once. Taking a break now but should have them all up today.

52Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:57 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

53Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:39 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Funny. I'll help out a bit (best I can do).

54Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:03 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Continue to monitor.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

55Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:40 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Huh?

That guy turned out way more reasonable that I expected. What? It's the GFAQs PS4 board. I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

56Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Guess you were fortunate enough to witness this one in a million chance. Maybe you'd even be able to make him see the light so he thinks LC is actually amazing instead of being just 'not good'.

57Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:10 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I should've waited but I'm so used to fast meltdowns on GFaqs that I didn't even consider the possibility.

My horrible, bitter self has learned a valuable lesson today.

58Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:08 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

We got another one.

But in this case, kidrobot is a known asshole. Seen a lot of his trolling posts.

First he posts 'lol' to my mechanics explanation, then posts to someone else mentioning 'the caliber of NG and DMC' to which he responds, 'yeah they should improve the combat in the remake'. Let's see where this goes.

59Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:19 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Glad to see this worked out for the better. At least in the case of the first user. Gaining students like this is definitely not something you see everyday.

That said, unless you're not actively looking to 'convert' this one (doubtful, given your description of the second guy), I'd say don't push your luck. The first occurrence was a very rare one as is.

But you should know of that already.

Honestly, all of the users in the PS4 board kind of just blend together to me. I'm not sure if kidrobot is one of the guys whom I've corrected once regarding KH2. He may be the same. Maybe not. Or he may be just one of the many people who thought KH2 and 1 were shallow.

He may be just baiting you. May have noticed you know your stuff, so he's seeking to bother you about it. Who knows.

60Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:04 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

It does look like bait, yes. What these types want is for you to get mad and insult them.

What I'll do is simply state facts on the mechanics and ask for clarification on any points he makes.

61Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:54 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Who knows, you might convert me.
Convert? Interesting choice of words... and right after I said it. Can't help but feel that the guy is reading this thread. Though this might be just a big coincidence.

62Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:18 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Today I'm analyzing very closely enemy behaviour and movesets.

I can't believe it. I just saw the baseball player do two moves I've never seen before.
What the FUCK.

I have untold hours in this game. How is this possible? I've been playing for TEN YEARS.

I can sort of see why I might have missed some things. First it seems they don't often do these moves for some reason, or at least if there are requirements you don't meet them due to killing them so fast.

Here's what he did.
When I hovered up close he would do this two hit attack where he'd swing his bat downward, then do a downward swipe with his left hand. He did his normal bat swing more. I feel like he did the new move more if I hit him first, but he did the normal one under those conditions too so I guess it's just random.

This next one I actually shouted 'what the FUCK'. He actually threw his bat. It travels in a straight line and has an orange glow, leaving a trail. He loses the bat permanently and does the same two hit I mentioned above, just without the bat.

Found a few other new details with other enemies too. Eventually I'll have them all documented and added to the guide.

63Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:27 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

More pics of the remake surfacing.
https://twitter.com/yasudaD5?s=09

But I don't give a shit about how it looks. Show me how it PLAYS.

64Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:06 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

https://automaton-media.com/en/news/20231016-22316/

Some red flags.

>As for requests for the game to be uncensored, we are also working on realizing this to the best of our ability.
That sounds a bit like setting up an escape pod.

>We would like to revamp the battles into something that the console action game players of today will enjoy
Oh God please no.
What does this even mean? Stagger? Stamina?

>such as doing away with any sluggishness in chainsaw battles with speed adjustments
What? It wasn't sluggish. It was just slower than other move categories. It's like he doesn't know how his own game works. Or he's listening to crybabies who couldn't stop getting interrupted during attacks.

>improving the input timing for cheerleading and chainsaw combo attacks
Why does the timing always work for me?

>as well as improving camera movement.
?

>I have a good understanding of the issues it had
Sure about that?

Like I'm not saying he's going to make it worse but could go either way. Remember, Birdman is the final judge.

>We are carefully selecting new elements to raise the game’s appeal
TO WHO???

>a consecutive hit system independent of the combo attack system.
I saw a hit count in one of the screenshots. Worthless addition. As for this 'system', who knows.

>that had previously been received poorly
You mean you're taking advice from the mechanically blind.

>everyone can love and enjoy on modern consoles.
Major red flag. It's impossible to make a game everyone enjoys.

There's another post talking about chainsaw switching. This is scary. They could be going with a color coded type system where they add fast/heavy/armored types you need to switch chainsaws to beat. Hoping it's nothing like that, rather about effects or some kind of status stuff.

But hearing that, seeing a hit count, and talk of a consecutive combo system, it's not sounding good.

65Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:16 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Sounds like they're just making a new game at this point, using the original as a foundation? That said not liking anything that's being added since the original was already so good. Still, it could be nice.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

66Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:12 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

>Stagger
If it ends up being this, I can only imagine the reaction...

Note: Not that I wouldn't understand.

>doesn't know how his own game works
To be fair, I've heard that some devs were... 'unaware' of seemingly obvious things.

>could go either way
As you noted, trying to 'increase the game's appeal' can only lead to bad things, especially in modern gaming.

>to who
Know-nothing casuals.

>taking advice from the mechanically blind
Yep. That's pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

67Lollipop Chainsaw - Page 2 Empty Re: Lollipop Chainsaw Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:17 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Now he's saying they might make it so chainsaw attack speed goes up with hits/combo.

Sounds exactly like Transformers Devastastion's overdrive mechanic.

Which makes no sense in LC. Chainsaw attacks don't do much damage.
Groggy zombies die in one hit, so chainsaw speed is useless. Are they removing this state and Sparkle in favor of just hacking with the chainsaw as the main damage dealing source? Sounds like it.

He has already admitted to listening to casuals who complained that the chainsaw is too slow. These same fools are the ones who just mash it and wonder why they're aren't getting anywhere. Too stupid to realize ANY frame of a chainsaw attack can be dodge canceled out of, or to look at other methods. They just keep hacking into crowds and get destroyed.

Speeding up the chainsaw is a direct response to this I believe. And it won't have any use unless the whole system is being changed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum