11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stellar Butt Empty Stellar Butt Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

who's buying this? post your impressions of the main characters body and outfits and whatnot (no gameplay discussion allowed)

2Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

PS5 exclusivity, as well as the fact that it really just seems to be the absolutely most basic barebones action game in existence (parry focus, redlight/greenlight, sitdown gameplay) I'm just not interested. Legit the only thing that alures me is unlockable costumes - PS2 goodness.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:24 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I didn`t buy it but watch the experienced action gamer playing. So it could be wrong but I`ll write some memos from what I watched

(*I am a south korean, And I have long history between Director Kim Hyeng-tae so I have privilege to ignore art style. I`m tired of his style, plz someone have to tell his obsession to thighs going beyond human aesthetic.)

As for a game-play, It looks like just all-in-one but not so deep. There is some kind of dial-a-combo which makes you in dodge status. You can not go crazy but it has jump & air combo.

But mostly, it is centered around parrying, like sekiro, with some twists here and there. For example, If you guard, you will get damaged. In addition to that, you have barrier(guard)-meter. Enemy damages also depends on barrier-meter and when barrier is broken, you will get full damage. If you parry, You will not get damaged at all and also have a chance to finish/critical move. Special skills are more like stacking combo-meter rather than cool-time one(that`s cool). As I said, there is dodge, but there is no I-frame at all. You have to do perfect dodge, or you will just get a distance not evading. And there are two types of "special dodge" attack. Blue means back dodge, Purple means front(-toward) dodge. And that`s it.

I don`t know, but each fight is more like 3-4 enemies at once and mostly fighting is about making a situation one-to-one as possible as player can. As what I watched, I don`t have an interest in this game. Although, Director Kim tried to get out off MMORPG and mobile games, So ... I ... have to praise for ... its ... trial (Yeah, I have a LONG history between Kim hyeng-tae.)

Last edited by nepu47 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

4Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:31 pm

SultanHayabusa

D-Rank

I played the demo and whilst it does have a decent moveset, nice animations, good hit detection and great graphics/audio I just think it doesn't flow well and cannot be mentioned amongst the greats like everyone is making it out to be... "Next Bayonetta" lmaoo. Here's why:

1. The dodge covers very minimal distance, even when you unlock double dodge it just feels clunky and jank. It feels like she stumbles instead of dashing fast.

2. Lock on combat with an atrocious soft lock when surrounded by enemies.

3. Jump feels too slow

4. You can't redirect your attacks

5. Poor animation cancelling

6. Alot of attacks are metre based, so you have this beta metre and another metre where you can only pull off some cool attacks by building it up.

7. Alot of focus on parry, this wouldn't have been much of an issue if the dodge was actually good lol

After the demo, I'll probably give the gameplay and combat a 6/10

Maybe the full game is better but those are my first impressions.

5Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Looks absolutely awful. Everything I hate.

And I'm hearing the costumes were censored too after promises nothing would be.

6Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:04 am

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor

didn't know it was a Souls-like parry festival. guess i should've figured.

>And I'm hearing the costumes were censored too after promises nothing would be

uh oh

7Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:49 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Yeah, Sony (America) fucked the fans with the first patch using KNEE GROW as an excuse to try slipping it in.

8Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:41 pm

Paul Allen's Profile

Paul Allen's Profile
C-Rank

>costumes censorship
So it was just bait and switch after all. It was all everybody talked about.

9Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

That won't be an issue for long when stellar butt comes to pc. Then there will be no more costume censorship

10Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Fattah86

Fattah86
D-Rank

Yeah, game doesn't look too impressive. Also, censorship for a so called rated M game? Soft.

11Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

All very pathetic. Sony can get that ass pirated and put on full display (nude mods). No real interest in a game I wouldn't have access to anyway. I'll see some ONGBAL fights, but that's probably it.

12Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:49 am

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
A-Rank

The censorship isn't that huge but it's still censorship, after they told people that there would have been none. If you point this out they just call you a gooner and a weirdo.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

13Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:39 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I said that. As an artist, Kim Hyeong-tae is impressive one even though his style become more extreme. I mean, Look at this.

Stellar Butt Jong3110
This is his early work from 1999
Stellar Butt Ca_9910
And this is his work from 2009

He draws impressive poses and he has his own style. BUT somebody should talk him about thighs. It`s almost same level as a Captain America cover of Rob Liefeld.

But as a game director, or as a service manager, he is rather infamous. Honestly, All life-service-games are greedy and I believe that South korean game industry is the pioneer of this realm, but Director Kim has bad relationship"s" with his game"s". I am surprised that Stellar blade is not that DLC-heavy  micro-transaction bullshit. Because USUALLY that is what director Kim does.

I played a single play RPG title when I was so young. My generation has fond memories of his arts. Many of Korean gamers remember that director Kim was one of the core developer(art) members of PC single-play titles. But the industry shifted toward MMORPG and also the company he`d belonged was broken, There is no option for him other than joining a MMORPG company and making micro-transaction shit show. But when he made his own studio, Korean gamers didn`t expect this much greediness as hell. That`s why I said that "I have to praise for its trial".

Thanks for listening a long rambling about Director Kim.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

14Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I mean, the guy just knows what he likes to draw and makes money off of it, more power to him. No need for Mike Mignola to learn the anatomy of shoulders, let the guy draw huge ass thighs if that's what he likes. I'm more a titty-artist myself.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

15Stellar Butt Empty Re: Stellar Butt Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:41 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

I knew everyone was getting their hopes up when they thought it would be like Bayo. By now we should know to expect new action games to default to some Sekiro monstrosity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum