You are not connected. Please login or register

Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom

+3
Phoenix Wright
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:54 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Usually not the type of news I'd post, but since I know quite a few here from that site, it's news. Not too sure on the implications yet. SBallen and some of the other admins have noted "great times ahead", which sounds like a gun to their head. Wonder if they'll axe the forums while keeping the 'faq' section.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Re: Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:40 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Never heard of Fandom. What are they supposed to be?

3Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Re: Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:04 am

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

Aren't all of those videogame related wikis made by Fandom? There's some people on GFAQs saying things like 'the day has finally come', 'so this is how it ends', etc.. Others are claiming that we'll now have random videos that play themselves (if you've been on one of those wikis, you probably know what they mean by that).

4Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Re: Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:55 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I think I will hold judgement on this until later. Usually, I have nothing to say.

5Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Re: Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:23 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Fandom is known for having pretty terrible website-design, that is cluttered with ads and auto-playing videos that take over the page. I hope Gamefaqs' spagetti code prevents this haha

6Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Re: Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:23 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

^GFAQs had that bullshit for my mobile to begin with. Annoying shit ads.

7Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Re: Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:54 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I used to use GameRaven on Android - not sure if it's still solid but it used to be really good.

8Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Re: Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:52 am

Prox0451

Prox0451
D-Rank

I just hope Gamefaqs doesn't go to shit. Its one of the last remnants of pre-web 2.0 internet. It used to be THE most popular video game website, til Twitch ruined everything. I wrote two user reviews on the site as well.

9Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Empty Re: Gamefaqs got bought by Fandom Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:03 am

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

thats an unfortunate, but then again i only use gamefaqs to keep track of 6th gen underrated/niche games and rate them and not to talk at forums at all. hope it doesnt go to shit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum