Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Oh man it's been so long since I saw old footage. It's pretty interesting to see also since it's a pretty new build. Lots of older footage uses the old test UI which was more purple. You can still see it's quite unoptimized (very slow) and edited (weapon swap). Also the OTs don't seem to have a cinematic camera all the time which is pretty neat. Lots of moves also don't have the 'blue trail' yet.

Pretty interesting enemy setups as well.

One super interesting note is that this is, IIRC, the first footage where we see OLUTs being done by a developer or in any sort of promotional material.

The Zedonius reveal is extremely interesting, don't remember seeing that. It's funny that his animations are all 1-to-1 identical to his current reveal and battle introduction, just with a different background. Imagine fighting him on the staircase though...

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Old NGII footage Empty Re: Old NGII footage Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:02 am

GN1

B-Rank

The IS ninjas seem to throw much less shurikens at you as well, interesting watch, though I guess I'm one of the only ones who love that IS spam in NG2. Do they spam less on warrior compared to mentor and MN?

Love the OTs without the cinematic camera, wish there was an option to toggle it in the final game.

3Old NGII footage Empty Re: Old NGII footage Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:09 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The reduced IS is probably just related to the difficulty, you don't fight black-spider IS ninjas that often on Warrior, but they exist and they're about as timid as you see here.

I don't mind IS either, I honestly don't think a lot of the higher level NGII players mind them. Once you know how to deal with them they're fun and engaging foes to brawl with.

4Old NGII footage Empty Re: Old NGII footage Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:59 am

GN1

B-Rank

It's been a long time since I beat warrior so I don't remember much about IS ninjas AI there.

IS ninjas are probably the reason I love NG2 as much as I do, just a shame it didn't have more remixed encounters. I still dream about encounters that mix more fiend types together, as well as humanioids and fiends together.

5Old NGII footage Empty Re: Old NGII footage Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:16 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah it's pretty rare that the main enemy is just this agressive, love it.

I kinda hoped that NGS2: Black (the mod) would play more into remixed enemies, but it seems to mostly focus on "MOAR NINJAS" which is cool to see but also a bit 'eh' for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]