You are not connected. Please login or register

Ghosts 'n Ghouls 'n Goblins, OH MY: Enter the 魔界村

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

affraid
Professor F wrote:We want the player to be having as much fun as possible! Of course, you will die. (laughs)
But in action games, isn’t dying part of the fun? In an action game, it’s all those deaths that make the eventual clear that much sweeter! If the deaths are too unreasonable then it’s not fun; as developers striking that balance is very difficult—but also where all the fun lies.

where the fun lies buried

Did you try any of the epics? I don't get what the hype is about the 'Souls' games and the bastard offsprings. But I get what that ol' one is about.
A certain kind of whetstone to rub against to sharpen up. It's not about what's fair, it's about what can be conquered. Namely one's own self.

Professor F wrote:Many people who are bad at action games quit too soon, before they get a chance to improve and realize that. If they worked at it just a little more, I think they would break through and see a depth and fun they hadn’t realized was there.

Twisted Evil

Tyr

Tyr
D-Rank

I sometimes play 15-20 min sessions of Makaimura AC (Rev C). I'm aiming for a 2-ALL (where you get to see the true ending for the first time).

The adrenaline is real with this game. Some developers would be wise to play it once in a while, to remember what video games are about.

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Zenyn wrote:Did you try any of the epics?
Yes, the NES game.  

Started playing Ghosts n' Goblins Resurrection this weekend. On Legend difficulty. agghhhhh! I figured if the game gives you permanent save points between areas I may as well crank the difficulty all the way up to accommodate.

Any of you guys beat the game?

4Ghosts 'n Ghouls 'n Goblins, OH MY: Enter the 魔界村 Empty dear maiden buttocks Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:57 pm

I haven't tried that one, but are rather keen to play it. Awaiting the announcement for a retail release.

I've played both arcade entries, and cannot clear first loop. I can clear first loop of the SNES one, but have to yield yet at the final stage, partly because next to my inaptitude the required weapon for the final boss blows eggshells.

Never touched the NES port or the PSP G'nG nor the revision called KAI.
Playing the arcade games via CAS on Switch.

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

The hardest modes are satisfying to kill zombies on but too damn annoying when the game decides to attack you with the most punishing enemy synergy I've seen in a videogame. Becomes a game of "Gotcha!" as in "gotcha, you got hit by ___ that you were a fraction of a second too late/fast/unprepared. The normal difficulty is not that fun to kill zombies but you can actually progress in the later parts without feeling that every single input you do is judged. I'd strongly suggest starting on normal difficulty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum