Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

So Amazon is joining the 'war' which is pretty hilarious. Their offer is interesting though, if ... painful. It is (probably) a direct competitor to Stadia and Xcloud. You subscribe to channels that offer unique services i.e. a Ubisoft channel that features their games with exclusive DLC and perks. But each channel costs extra cash.

You can read more about it here: https://www.amazon.com/luna/landing-page

Personally feel that of the options this one does beat out Stadia for me, though Xcloud still is the winner in terms of service and content. It isn't something I'd use at all, but that's my 5 cents. Any takers?

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Amazon Luna console Empty Re: Amazon Luna console Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:04 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Not really. I don't see a purpose to have something like that. The ad is pretty funny though.

3Amazon Luna console Empty Re: Amazon Luna console Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I just want to pay for a game, have it on a disc/a cartridge/my hard drive, and play it whenever I want. I don't want to pay a subscription fee to play an interactive video stream with latency, not know what games are coming to (or leaving) the service and relying on the servers to be up and reliable whenever I want to play.

Going to be a sad day when Cloud-based gaming inevitably takes over.

4Amazon Luna console Empty Re: Amazon Luna console Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:10 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Seeing all these streaming services cropping up...

Amazon Luna console Source

5Amazon Luna console Empty Re: Amazon Luna console Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:18 pm

hebass

C-Rank

I won’t be interested in gaming this way any time soon...wtf I pressed jump Megaman! I foresee controller sales going up inevitably or insurance for controllers becoming a new thing. Marketing scheme. In the US, nationally, we have awful internet speed options as well. OTOH, purely, the technology behind it all is very interesting to me.

The good news, is that Nintendo will (hopefully) be last to adopt something like this :)

6Amazon Luna console Empty Re: Amazon Luna console Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Horrible console for horrible people.

7Amazon Luna console Empty Re: Amazon Luna console Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Gregorinho wrote:I just want to pay for a game, have it on a disc/a cartridge/my hard drive, and play it whenever I want. I don't want to pay a subscription fee to play an interactive video stream with latency, not know what games are coming to (or leaving) the service and relying on the servers to be up and reliable whenever I want to play.

Going to be a sad day when Cloud-based gaming inevitably takes over.
And when that happens, we're really fucked. We'll probably get one generation of 'okay' business practices and then be lambasted by publishers just screwing us over by pulling games from the store the second the next hits, massive price inflations, subscriptions and god knows what else.

Xbox and Playstation already offering digital-only versions of their machines frighten me.

> nintendo cloud gaming
I'd be surprised if by the time Sony allows you to upload your soul to the internet, Nintendo will have the basic only functionality of PS3's PSN (god that machine was actually pretty sweet you know that).

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum