You are not connected. Please login or register

Dino Crisis

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dino Crisis Empty Dino Crisis Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Reading an interview with Mikami, it re-sparked my appreciation of the original and the sequel.
Gone from the landscape as a type, it's true that if you don't feel fascination for extinct species little can be done then.
But who doesn't, right?

Played DC2 backdays on loan from a friend. Listening to the soundtrack, I get that certain feeling...
Needs, huh?  Laughing

Please no whining for a remake, though! tongue Rise above it.

Mikami wrote:That wonderful sense of accomplishment when you overcome a challenge, that “I did it!” feeling, is gradually being lost… I think it’s a negative for the game industry as a whole. If we make games too easy to beat, they cease to be games, and I’d like to see a return to the fundamentals, where beating a game or not all depended on the player’s efforts.

The man got on record with this in 1999.

2Dino Crisis Empty Re: Dino Crisis Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

That's heresy these days.

3Dino Crisis Empty Re: Dino Crisis Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:59 pm

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

How 'bout getting that last unlockable outfit? . . . [ryuhaya]

4Dino Crisis Empty underestimating the crisis Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:55 am

Not being able to skip dialog, I am regaled every time I have to hear this:

"This isn't a joke, you idiot! We were attacked by a big-ass lizard!"

Laughing  You tell that nerd, girl!

5Dino Crisis Empty natural selection Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:07 am

And I bought the 2nd game... and I'm exited. Hayback when I played it, I wasn't too keen about action. Finished it and moved on. If you can call that a mentality. Had a lot of other things in my top-loader. Things I wouldn't dedicate another play as it is. But now I crave that kind of premise. All out action.  pirat

Seriously though, am I the only one on Planet Stinger who played it? Where were you in 2000?
Broke from buying SEGA Dreamcast? Saving for the 2nd PlayStation?
What?

There's one of these opinion videos for ye.

6Dino Crisis Empty Re: Dino Crisis Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:36 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I got all 3 games.

7Dino Crisis Empty dino stalker Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:33 am

And you played them all? To some extend?
I assume it's easy enough to get stuff, but to appreciate ("giving the time") is not so easily done. More so now than before.  A relief for me.

I watched a video of DC3, and I know my interest stops right there. I'm all for freaky ideas, but that looks flat out failed. I'd guess at not enough development.

8Dino Crisis Empty Re: Dino Crisis Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:18 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>played them all
Yes.

>DC3
It doesn't feel at all like the previous games. But then 1&2 are very different from each other. I didn't mind DC3, but the fixed camera and boosting did not mix. There's also platforming which I hated.

The 'dinosaurs' are interesting. Zero gravity sections were ass.

I don't remember the full game that well though. I'd still say it's worth a playthrough.

9Dino Crisis Empty dinolution Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:40 am

Playing DC2, I rediscovered the missing Capcom link. It lurks in the option menu, but is mentioned in the instruction booklet. It is called STEP and is deactivated by default, similar to the aim function in Kamiya Evil. Strange enough. Both elevate the play, yet both being "optional" one may wonder why they thought players would prefer the former rule set. STEP lets one evade to both sides and back, not forward though. Activated with the button and a direction. It works well in a simple matter of evasion, yet critical in the line of Capcom third-person-action. Beginning with the original Mikami Evil which was deliberatly strict about accomodation in the name of HORROR, the second brought the aim, and Nemesis the context-action-evade. In DC2 it's the (optional) designated button. It concludes this line of thinking, since the Mikami Remake drops it in the name of HORROR again and uses the defense items. Back to default until DMC equals evasion with style, P.N.03 evasion gets overlooked with the game, and Mikami Evil 4 only qte's in the name of HORROR.
And the rest is what you make of it.

Hard mode is available from the start and it's true to the name. Taking a firmer approach to the fairly mild Normal. Too bad it's not possible to toss out that obnoxious "Continue?"-med bag. That's an item slot wasted for a survival experience.

10Dino Crisis Empty big balws of gun fire Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:41 am

Did the DC2 Normal hunting without saves and continues. Smooth sailing.
Fair to say it's a feast to any self-induced inhibitors. Say Subweapon only and such.

Hard mode sure takes all cake. I save in chunks of Dylan and Reggie. It's more strict to score right, for the weapons are more dear. Demanding more No Damage clearings of zones. If you want that sweet Allosaurus score you better come equipped. Have to re-start. Extinct 'em! For science!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]