Royta/Raeng
Omega ZX
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hey guys, I'm new Empty Hey guys, I'm new Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:53 pm

Omega ZX

Omega ZX
D-Rank

I just found out this forum and it's awesome, I've always liked action games.

My favorite game in the character action genre is Metal Gear Rising, which is my second fave game ever (first is Dark Souls 3) and the only game in which I'd say I'm actually good. Last year I did a Revengeance mode - no items run, and it's been one of the most satisfying experiences in my career as a gamer.

I also love DMC, my fave is 5 which I'm playing now due to having bought Sekiro in March (I'm a From Soft fan, too). I even like DmC, and I think the Definitive Edition of it is quite amazing.

Other action games I love are Bayonetta and God of War 3. I've never got into Ninja Gaiden, unfortunately, though I quite like Sigma 2 (I played that one and the first).

I also like other games such as metroidvanias (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Hollow Knight are the big boys for me) and jrpgs such as FF or Tales of. Also a fan of Yakuza, Dishonored and Bioshock.

Now I think I'll start reading some threads here, it seems really interesting. :)

2Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Hey man! Welcome! Glad you could make your way over! There's a (quite lengthy) introduction topic here, if you want to start and see who who is :)
https://stinger.actieforum.com/t6-welcome-new-members-introduction-topic

You get bonus points out of the gate for the love for Metal Gear Rising, god I love that game haha! So many runs, really that one game you can just keep getting better at. It just lends itself so well to challenge runs, it's fantastic! I can imagine the no-items REV run was a joy and a challenge, great job!

DmC (especially DE) is great. It has a bad reputation, some of it justified, but they really came to their own with the revival and I really think it also had some great ideas that others in the series should take a look at like Must Style difficulty.

Regarding Ninja Gaiden, the Xbox is (sadly) where it's mostly at man. The Playstation versions are great, but I do feel the originals are more true to the, well, original vision haha!

It's fun to see such recurring trends though. Lots of Yakuza fans here too, same with FromSoft most of the time.

Feel free to open up any thread and start posting. Bringing back old topics is very welcomed, sometimes a discussions just dies out but feel free!

Welcome again :)

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Omega ZX

Omega ZX
D-Rank

I will check the introduction topic, thanks :) If I knew about it I would have posted there.

However yeah, MGR is amazing. That run was really tough, especially since I'm not some godlike player who has 500 hours in the game, I beat it "only" 5 or 6 times I think. Absolutely worth it tho, beating the last boss after two hours of retries was REALLY satisfying.

4Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:19 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

>Dark Souls 3 is one of your favourite games

Hell yeah. I personally think that too many action games nowadays are either like DMC, like Arkham, or like Souls, but Souls is still pretty awesome.

Even if you don't have an Xbox, the Playstation versions of Ninja Gaiden are good.

5Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:03 pm

Omega ZX

Omega ZX
D-Rank

Yeah I agree about Arkham style combat, which I don't really like, and soulslikes being not very good. I'd recommend Salt & Sanctuary as an exception tho, that one is fantastic if not for some balance issues between the builds. Nioh is also good but I've never seen it as an actual soulslike.

Maybe later I'll talk a bit about NG in its own thread.

6Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:22 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

>Yakuza, Dishonored and Bioshock.

*Chef's Kiss* Easily three of my favorite series.
Also love me some Aria.

There's a lot of crazy knowledge spread across the forums. I have found tons of games I would have never given a shot if not for the great write ups here.

7Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:35 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Welcome! It's great seeing another MGR fan! I hope you have a good time.

8Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:20 am

RedShot

B-Rank

Welcome! I see you appreciate different kinds of action games. You'll find even more here, that's for sure.

9Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:09 pm

TaiTsurugi

TaiTsurugi
C-Rank

Welcome!
Glad to see someone who appreciates Hollow Knight, that game is a little gem, one of the best metroidvanias ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWlmU4vDpbsx6v7TMfgtyQ?

10Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:23 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'll be really honest, I tried getting into that game so many times but for whatever reason, when I try a Metroidvania that isn't Metroid, it just never works for me. The only one I got into was Guacamelee, and that was more for the combat than anything else to be honest.

11Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I couldn't get into Metroid (maybe because it was Parry Returns) but I loved Guacamelee.

I've looked into Hollow Knight but something doesn't click with me. I think it's the character design.

12Hey guys, I'm new Empty Re: Hey guys, I'm new Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

If you play Metriod, go Super, Fusion or Zero Mission. Of the 3d versions both two Prime games are great. The third game is a tad weird. Other M is more of an action title.

Parry Returns is just that, Parry Returns.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum