You are not connected. Please login or register

NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Empty NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:37 am

Phorus1987

Phorus1987
D-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

Over the years players have attempted to speed run the game as fast as they possibly can. As one of the fastest overall speed runners of the team missions, I thought to myself I can do a lot better than the runs you will see online. So I decided to attempt to speed run Chapter 15 on Acolyte difficulty on Chapter Challenge.

Having watched a few YouTubers such as MBA_MIST and Whiletrue1 over the last year or so, I watched there chapter 15 runs because you have to play honest or legit as no OOB (out of bounds) or skips exists in Chapter 15 therefore it comes down to strategy, skill and luck.

As such, there are a few key differences between Chapter Challenge and Story mode, I have access to all weapons and ninpo fully upgraded, my healthbar is fully upgraded from chapter to chapter as well. However a new game speedrunner won't have access to the BOTA as they will have a level 2 DCTF.

Due to the chapter in question this should be the only real difference when it comes to speed running the chapter as fast as possible. My Ninja Records and a screenshot of my clear time both shows my run being completed in 3 minutes 19 seconds whilst the replay shows 3 minutes 21.

By comparison MBA_MIST achieved a time of 5 Minutes 16 seconds on Acolyte Story, whilst Whiletrue1 achieved a 7 Minutes 50 Seconds on Warrior Story. Hopefully this gave anyone who reads this some context, its possible to achieve 3 Minutes 15 Seconds but you need all the luck in the world.

Because RNG/luck is a factor I would personally say any run over 3 Minutes 50 Seconds is considered poor on Acolyte difficulty. In total I had 17 complete runs, over 11 of those were sub 3 Minutes 30 Seconds! Hopefully you enjoy the video and look forward to more chapters being completed over the coming weeks/months.

MBA_MIST's (Speed Run)

Whiletrue1's (Speed Run)

2NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Empty Re: NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:37 am

Phorus1987

Phorus1987
D-Rank
Veteran

Here is a speed run of Acolyte Chapter 16 on Chapter Challenge by yours truly. My run was 4 Minutes 6 Seconds which is stated in my Ninja Records and a screenshot of the clear bonuses at the end of the chapter. It's possible to beat this time as Alexei entered his Rage mode state which cost me some time. By comparison MBA_MIST achieved a time of 9 Minutes 29 Seconds, whilst Whiletrue1 on Warrior difficulty achieved a time of 5 Minutes 35 Seconds.

3NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Empty Re: NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:22 am

Phorus1987

Phorus1987
D-Rank
Veteran

Here is my fastest run of Acolyte Chapter 8, despite how fast this run was it could be done quicker but you need a lot of luck. There's no difference between CC and Story mode here. By comparison MBA_MIST earned a time of 5 Minutes 30 Seconds on Acolyte Story mode.

4NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Empty Re: NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:27 am

Phorus1987

Phorus1987
D-Rank
Veteran

Here is my fastest completion of Acolyte Chapter 6, the Blue Dragon is the biggest time waster in this chapter.

5NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Empty Re: NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:14 am

Phorus1987

Phorus1987
D-Rank
Veteran

Here is my fastest Acolyte Chapter 5 speed run, I just edged out a former pro speed runner from Japan by 1 second but it was my first real run I completed.

6NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Empty Re: NGS2 - How to Speed Run like a Pro Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:21 am

Phorus1987

Phorus1987
D-Rank
Veteran

Here is my fastest run of Acolyte chapter 10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum