You are not connected. Please login or register

Input welcomed: upcoming site features

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Input welcomed: upcoming site features Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:00 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

New Year, new wishes and goals haha!

So as always I'm making some plans for what I want to put into the site this year, and the list is as follows:

• A small surprise: this one will take some work but it is nearly done. I hope to launch this new feature around march.
  • Referal program: going to aim for a small partnership with certain companies to offer the games I refer at a discount on that site, or at least get a good referal link going. So for instance the "stinger, a storied history" article will get a referall to the Dante statue, or the NG3 article to the an Amazon page. Proceeds I get from these go to paying my editors and...
  • Translations: the site is now set up for this. I am going to aim to at least offer Chinese (Traditional), Russian and in the future Japanese. I'm still looking for translators that offer a decent price that I can afford without it going out of hand.
  • Rebuild or remove the dictionary: The dictionary is pretty much a barren wasteland right now, but I do like its idea since the genre and its games have so many weird terms. What do you guys think? Should this feature be expanded or removed?
  • Remake the videobanner: it is currently a quickly chopped together banner at a wrong resolution that loads through Youtube. If it doesn't load it actually shows a really, really vague image of a half naked Christie and Tina from DOA haha.
  • Update older article: I've been working on this for the last few years, but I want to make it my focus this year after finishing the NG3:RE article. A lot of the articles are still un-updated after the Blogspot transfer, and others are just plain lacking in quality I feel.

Generally speaking, is there a feature you guys would like for the site or forum? Or are any of the above pointless or a waste of time etc. Let me know, appreciate any input that can be given.
One thing I still want in the far, far future, is this general compendium of every action game. Like this page where there's a single image, a short description, who it is for, what systems it is available on and a link to a good video display. But that would take so much work haha. It would kill me. Would be cool though.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Dictionary makes sense to transfer into the forums: have it as an individual stickied thread for each game.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That's actually a really good idea, hadn't thought of that at all!

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

I am requesting a 'Creative Corner' forum category for spitballing ideas about how to make a game based off *insert anime* or random stuff in general like in this thread: https://stinger.actieforum.com/t364-combo-game-idea

The dictionary idea was for really for adding a stickied thread for each game within its own subforum.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Isn't that just "general"? I have no qualms with making a new sub-board or whatever, but I want to avoid making too many of them.

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

>small surprise
Not possible for me to comment on.

>pay
Once money enters the picture, I wonder how long before 'evils' will follow.

>translation
Cutting out the middle man (or another tab)?

>expand or remove dictionary
I'd have to give a shit enough to actually contribute on the matter (regarding titles that concern me). I'm infamous for not being willing to make a 'legend' or anything of the sort.

>videobanner
Don't know a thing about it.

>Christie
Don't recall her. This the white-haired lady?

>Tina
Grapplan' is her main appeal. The cowgirl thing is fine, I suppose.

>update articles
Which did you have in mind (in particular)?

>desired features
I am bereft of wants. Do as you please.

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Isn't that just "general"? I have no qualms with making a new sub-board or whatever, but I want to avoid making too many of them.
Yeah, it's probably best to contain that stuff in general. BUT, I am putting it out there that if those types of threads catch on (i.e. if each forum member had several "imagined games" threads they wanted to make; I have 3 games in mind), it would be pleasant to not have to sort through "imagined games" and "real games" on the same board.

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

How about something like a "Creative Corner"? People can do anything from gamedesign thoughts, to drawings, music - whatever, over there?

9Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:56 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Here's what I am thinking: 'Game Pitch' <- this could be the title of the subboard. Threads are dedicated to game concepts with detailed written proposals and sketches and possibly music. Games can be based on IPs from various media, brand new, etc.

10Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:56 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I think that's a bit overboard as of now, we've had a total of two topics like that in the last 3 years. If it was something I'd see on the reg I'd obviously cater to it. Let's put down a Creative Corner, and if we see a spike, we can always give it its own sub-board.

11Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:11 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

You got to be careful too. You might post a really cool idea. Next thing you know an indie game pops up from someone exactly as you described.

12Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:10 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

That can't be allowed to happen. Deploy 'Only forum members are permitted to read.' messages.

13Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:10 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

That's not going to stop anyone.

Anyone can join this forum. There's no verification process nor is one possible.

14Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

There used to be a verification process originally, but honestly that just made it too hard to get in. This is a niche-board as it is, don't want to make it even more niche.

15Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:04 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

What I mean is, there isn't any way to verify if someone is going to steal your ideas on a forum. They could pass all the tests to gain access but it doesn't mean much in the end when you can't read minds. How do you know I'm not going to steal it?

16Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:23 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Yeah, that's all true. (But I should write I was half-serious there and only thought a singular private sub-board could be of use, not the whole forum.)

17Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>singular private sub-board could be of use,

I know what you meant. But how would it work?

18Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:57 pm

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Works to reduce risk: less eye count, less likelihood of exposure. (I assume there are far more lurkers/guests than members.)

Another idea is setting up online campaigns detailing critical feedback to action game companies.

19Input welcomed: upcoming site features Empty Re: Input welcomed: upcoming site features Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:28 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

I want to expound on that last post. In reading about official videogame guidebook creation two important things were explained: (1) videogame companies do not want guidemakers telling readers how OP a certain weapon/move is and to present each move equally even if that really isn't that case, and that (2) videogame staff use videogame guides as a resource when working on sequels (a handy-time saver for new staff and returning persons who most commonly won't see how the whole game works but only their individual part / contribution). So tactical guides posted here are able to be distributed to game developers as feedback, which means that we, the game players, can moderately influence videogame companies with said item. Also, there doesn't have to be any sugar-coating since we work independently from said companies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum