You are not connected. Please login or register

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Empty Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:32 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

I'm playing the Ultimate Edition on PC and... I don't like it. The combat seems pretty shallow, platforming and puzzles are a waste of time, the fixed camera is bad both for exploration and for fights unlike GoW. Am I missing something? What's the general opinion about this game? I'm doing the second Titan boss so there's a lot more content. Is it worth to go on?

2Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Empty Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:12 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I actually beat this game a while back, surprised there isn't another topic for it. Honestly, no. The magic system is somewhat decent, but what the game really lacks is anything to do beyond "hit it until it dies". There are no real grapples, no other interesting mechanics. Just hit things until they stop moving, bonus points if you do it without getting hit.

It's considered a decent 'transition' game for people wanting to get into the genre, but like adventure games with stories as well. The game was quite well regarded, but doesn't have a good reputation amongst the genre-fans. The sequel is arguably worse. The DLC of the sequel however is apparently really, really good.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Empty Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:52 pm

RedShot

B-Rank

Ok, it's not for me, then. Thankfully I started the action genre with Killer is Dead and MGR, these (bad) hybrids put me to sleep. GoW created the perfect formula, but it's very hard to find good western action titles. I read about Warrior Within and DmC in this forum, are there others like those?

4Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Empty Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:44 am

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

I played it again recently, And yes this game is a just "ok" game with puzzles and platforms. The combat of LoS2 is a little bit improved(magic system becomes more solid) but others are not so good, especially stupid stealth sections.

Not an important thing, but MercurySteam is a same developer which made metroid dread, so MercurySteam is truely "MetroidVania" company now lol.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum