Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Downloading it now too!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Mine is finished but I am playing something else now lol. I will immediately play DMC5 by the time I do this one thing.

4DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:21 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

-Nero Snatch startup feels slower, idk if I feel this way because of no turbo or they did made it slower.
-Charged shot animation is just aesthetic and it can be charged during other attacks like previous game.
-It also feels nerfed to oblivion damage and utilitywise from what I felt so far.
-Breakout is really great, being able to cancel out of anything really takes a turn in the combat(too bad it's tied to the consumable arm nonsense).
-I sort of miss having a grab at all times, Nero feels less Nero-y without his grab at all times, make what you want out of this.
-Gerbera is fucking awesome, I wouldn't mind doing runs with this arm alone.
-Ranks feel harder to attain, maybe I'm just doing something wrong but on my first playthroughs I barely could go above SS.

I feel like Nero would be so much more fun if he had the ability to cycle through arms and maybe have something like cooldowns to arms instead of having you relying on picking them up on the floor.

5DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

>I feel like Nero would be so much more fun if he had the ability to cycle through arms and maybe have something like cooldowns to arms instead of having you relying on picking them up on the floor.

I thought of that while playing the demo. I enjoyed the demo for what it was but it feels a bit slower compared to the past DMC games.

6DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Now it feels like Goliath might be the only challenge in the demo.

7DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I now unlocked every skill in demo.

8DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:51 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Really don’t know what to think yet. I like a couple of the arms, but having to break a lock on to use them is weird. I realize this is probably on Normal, but the enemies just kind of stand there. I know it’s somewhat par for the course with the series now, but it’s a huge problem I’ve always had with these games.

I noticed the camera is very close to the ground like DmC as well, and a couple times it just completely lost the enemy I was locked on to.

I’ll play it more later. Wish we could try the other characters, or maybe just one difficulty higher.

Sent from Topic'it App

9DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Also if you die, you have to do the entire mission again.

10DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Played the demo, I...didn't really...enjoy...it..I think. Weird to say.

Incoming random thoughts:

The arms being destroyed upon using a 'big move', with replacements being buyable with orbs, and nearly all his specials being tied to "hold button" it is unnecessarily complicated to play and doesn't really jibe well with the whole style system I feel. Game also felt like it played under water. Very slow, especially when comparing it to something like DMC3.

Camera is way to big on cinematic emphasis, can't even turn the darn thing during a boss to see where things are.

The auto-targetting and lock-on is busted, it can go all other ways at times.

Not liking the way you have to not use lock-on in a game built around lock-on to use moves that you want to use on a specific target. The controller has so many buttons...

Personally liked the rocket-fist the most for the uppercut which was cool.

Artstyle..meh. Very bland.

Got an S-rank on the stage and called it a day. Really hoping Dante and a higher difficulty make it better. Challenge was very lacking.

5Does

> ranks
Felt this too, might also be due to the lackluster moveset Nero has. Or worse, they played into Youtube fandom and SSS now requires you to enemy-step constantly Razz

11DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:25 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I really hope this game has turbo. I never mess with DMC turbos, because the base game is nuts enough for me lol.
But this one just looks like it needs to run faster? Like all of the animations are slowed down big time or something.
I was playing some DMC4SE and god damn. On pc maxed, it makes 5 look like a 360 game, or worse. They just need to give us a fucking pc demo already. I feel like it would only help get pre orders. Maybe that version is a mess? Maybe they're scared of people digging in the files, and leaking stuff? Who knows with capcom.

Sent from Topic'it App

12DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:54 pm

AKheon

D-Rank
Veteran

I generally liked the demo.

There's more potential multi-tasking going on with Nero than ever before, what with charge shot, exceed and the arm management going on simultaneously. It felt pretty interesting to try to handle all that at once. I wish you could switch arms on the fly, though (other than breaking them).

I agree that the lock-on is slightly off. There were a few points where it targeted wrong enemy. I don't remember having problems with the camera, though.

I found a few high / infinite jump tactics, but they probably won't be very useful since the level design is boxed in (the exact same way as DMC4 was). Welp...

13DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:27 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

>they played into Youtube fandom and SSS now requires you to enemy-step constantly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

But yeah I think if I had to list the most offputting things for me in the game it's the lack of turbo coupled with the game feeling sort of slow, and the c o n s u m a b l e s aspect of Nero which I found that instead of adding to him it just keeps him from reaching Dante levels of fun.

>it is unnecessarily complicated to play and doesn't really jibe well with the whole style system I feel.
I've always complained about this and how I think that expanding Bringer would probably be better than Breaker because in its core concept it was implemented in a way to restrict and limit your options which is kind of dumb considering Nero already has very few.

Another complain I have is that while I was testing breakout combos and stuff I decided to retry the stage and I found out that started the stage with 0 arms meaning that unless changed in the actual release, it'll mean that everytime you retry the stage you'll have to go through Nico to set a new loadout.

14DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Few more things after playing again:

-Even though this is a demo, the moveset seems exceptionally small.
-Not to be that guy, but this game...feels...poor. I’m sorry, but after so much NG, Souls, God Hand, and even Yakuza, there is almost no satisfaction from Nero’s attacks whatsoever.
-Still trying to wrap my head around the thing with the arms. In a series about cuhrayzee, why can’t you switch between them normally? I really feel like I missed something along the way with this.

I’m really hoping things click more with the full game, but I’m not feeling much of anything towards this right now.

Sent from Topic'it App

15DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I really hope this game has turbo. I never mess with DMC turbos, because the base game is nuts enough for me lol.
But this one just looks like it needs to run faster? Like all of the animations are slowed down big time or something.

I have a feeling there won't ever be a turbo mode. Consider how they've removed all the snappy, instant cancel animations in favor of this realistic art-style. I'm not sure they can speed it up because they wanted all these fancy animations to play out and for us to see and be amazed.

I didn't enjoy the demo at all. Never liked Nero. I'm interested in Dante and V though.

Last edited by Birdman on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

16DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Played it some more. I like it a bit more now, but it still feels weird. I ended up just buying the same arm four times and equipping that and it played a lot better as a result since I didn't have to worry about losing a favored option for using its super-move or wanting to toy with the breaker-explosion.

Surprised that there were some hidden fights too, always a good thing. Really hope the higher settings up the enemy agression though because as it stands the title really feels like a next-generation Dynasty Warriors at this point.

Some other notes:

- As Infinity already noted, the attacks really lack 'crunch'. There isn't really a well animated impact, sound effects of hits are dull and not enough visual flair. Stinger in DMC3 felt like a nuclear bomb going off compared to this rubber sword hitting this piece of butter;
- you can semi infinite the boss using the Rocket Arm super. If you can get him 'staggered' you can use its uppercut to launch him and then just do it again and again, and again, until you run out of arms;
- managed to get a SSS rank in a fight, really just have to use aerial moves - seem to give bonus style-points (of course they do);
- ranking system seems very..unclear. No idea what determines the rank;
- the whole consumable aspect might lead to me just entering each level without breakers. No way I'm going to sit through that horrible customization loading screen every-damn-time.
- Birdman asked about Turbo. Animation-wise it is not a problem, as animations would have less frames as a result. Less frames never gives issues, more frames does. I think the only issue would be performance.

17DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I don't know if I should stream it tomorrow.

18DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:24 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm not buying this until turbo is confirmed. Hate relearning the timings.

19DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Played it a couple more times. Messed around with loadouts, did two cycles of Gerbera/overture and then loaded up all of the same. I think it helped me enjoy it a little more. I actually like the idea of how to switch breakers, but I can’t help but think it doesn’t quite fit in this kind of game. Maybe when the full game is out something will click and I’ll be looking at Nero with a new perspective.

Turbo mode would definitely be nice. Hope we get it eventually.

Sent from Topic'it App

20DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:46 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Yeah, the mechanics themselves are fine, just feel a bit odd in a DMC game. I feel the same about V.

Feels like they've been torn out of other actions games and deposited in DMC.

I NEED V info. Watching his gameplay, Shadow has tons of moves. How are they happening? The only way I can see them working is if you input commands as you would as Dante or Nero, so you're essentially playing as the Shadow.

Last edited by Birdman on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

21DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:45 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

V seems like he has a lot of potential, but as you said, I have no idea how inputs would work. Do you just dodge with V until an enemy’s health is low enough for the final blow? Are Shadow’s attacks mapped to the standard melee button, and where would that leave V?

Game needs to come already. I have too many things I want to see done well here.

Sent from Topic'it App

22DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:51 am

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

Probably slash is tied to the cat, the shoot button give commands to birb and he probably finishes mobs with the style/DB button.

23DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:22 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I thought it might be direction+slash/style for all of Shadow's moves.

and where would that leave V?
It would be like I said I guess, basically controlling Shadow through V, which seems like the only way it can work for combos. I think V can kill multiple weakened enemies too, because I remember a video where he summoned multiple canes (or whatever that thing is) though I could be wrong. You could do something similar in Folklore, where you could weaken multiple enemies then absorb them all at once for a huge bonus.

Last edited by Birdman on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

24DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:04 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Good run I found online, but also shows just how busted the ranking system is (again). Just watch the first minute.

25DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:40 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

That made me smile.

26DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:10 am

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

I'm glad Must Style wasn't implemented LOL.

>Snatch and JC spam
Jesus, why this game keeps reminding me of DmC so much.

27DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:52 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I was thinking the same, Nero's new gameplay looks earily familiar to what DmC was blasted for (easily and mindless JC's).

28DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:23 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I'm surprised the demo hasn't gotten a better reception on here - i've been enjoying it! I think the breakers are a great addition for expanding Nero's moveset. I think (like in DMC4) Nero is still indended to be the "beginner" character, so i'm assuming the developers thought it'd give Nero more options (like with Dante's style switching) without "overwhelming" players with a lot of mechanics to juggle at once.

I do agree attacks could have more of an impact, although I think this has carried over from DMC4 somewhat (DMC4 Nero lacked the impact of DMC3 Dante IMO, aside from the buster attacks). I'm going to go against the grain and disagree that the game feels too slow, although that might because I don't have much experience with Turbo mode. I know it's popular though, so I hope for other players that it returns.

You can definitely see the influence of DmC in multiple areas of DMC V, but for me it's more in the visual design than gameplay, which i'm okay with.

29DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Nero always felt like a beginner character to me too, though that's always what's also bothered me about the franchise and the character itself. Devil May Cry isn't supposed to be a game of compromise, it is a balls-to-the-walls nuts action title that pumps the difficulty up to eleven. Playing the game was hard enough at first, beating it on DMD even harder, and styling on it? Damn, that was pretty next level for a lot of players at first. Sure we got used to it eventually, but DMC3 on DMD is still no joke.

Ever since DMC4 appeared the series went in a weird direction I feel. And DMC5 feels more of an extension of DMC4 than combining what made DMC4 good (its combat system) with what made the series so good in DMC1 and 3.

Note, this is just my personal take on it while writing this. I'm still not quite sure what it is that's bothering me about DMCV, so I might flipflopp a tad. As to why others here aren't too positive? Hard to say. I think everyone has their reasons to be very cautious.

> slow

Turbo mode plays a big part here yeah. I believe it also has to do a lot with the bigger areas, the less 'crunch' on the moves etc. Makes it feel less impactful and slower. Slow is a feeling most of the time, not a fact. Fact that you for instance have to do a lot of menu and shop-hopping to equip Breakers can add to that 'slow' feeling, perhaps? Not sure. Just typing as I go here Razz

30DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Finally made a demo vid without sudden crashing except at the end. I'm glad.

31DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Two things: 1) I'm now really happy with this demo and 2) you can buy up to 99 breakers. I'm interested to know the maximum limit on how many you can own.

32DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

So has anyone tried a no Devil Breaker run?

33DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 pm

5does

C-Rank
Veteran

Greg:
>I think the breakers are a great addition for expanding Nero's moveset
I just don't really like the idea of them throwing away the core concept of Nero(grabs) so Itsuno could Guinea Pig him with the idea of consumables, which is kind of weird seeing as the series is mostly about Cuhhraizy and freedom. The fact that he wants to set him as the next protagonist doesn't really make things better.

I'm still getting the game and I'm looking forward to it, I just tend to be way more critic and make the points I don't like stand out when I'm reviewing stuff because I feel like positives are self explanatory and people will know what they like when they see at first glance so I always think it's more important to make the bad points stand out since they're usually more technical or hard to spot on(KH3 is a prime example of what I'm talking about).

Raeng:
>As to why others here aren't too positive?
I don't know it's a mix of weird decisions and directions that makes me feel somewhat skeptical, add those to the fact that I feel like gaming has been on decline for a while so yeah I'm usually cautious about what I'm getting.

Nadster:
>No Breaker run
I thought about it but the demo feels too short for it to be even remotely meaningful or interesting I guess.

34DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I think we might need a dedicated topic to how stupid the DMC5 board is.

ANOTHER Bayo vs DMC topic.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/241018-devil-may-cry-5/77512190

Dumbest post yet.
Nothing really compares to pulling off guard fly combos in DMC 4.
There you have it people! *throws all other action games without a hard to do glitch that somehow defines ultimate depth in the trash*

Last edited by Birdman on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

35DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:35 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I wish we can play as someone else now.

36DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:35 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Gamefaqs
I'd prefer not to slander too much, there's a ton of morons on the web that could fill this whole forum. I don't mind a little jab here and there and some venting, but don't go overboard please.

Though I have to admit that the part about mashing allowing for some cool combos being a pro for DMC4 made me cry tears haha.

> play as someone else
Only 8 days!

37DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:38 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I predict more CL topics will pop up with comparisons made by those who don't get CL's gameplay focus. 

I kind of want to get it just to see how V plays. Will wait for some videos of good gameplay.

38DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:18 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Apparently you are stuck with Nero for the first 10 chapters again which...isn't something I'm looking forward to. We'll have to wait and see.

39DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:53 am

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Does that mean 10 missions for Dante and V as well?

40DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:08 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

No, 10 missions Nero from what I've gathered and 8 for Dante and V. Note that some chapters allow you to replay them with different characters and chose an innitial other character. So chances are of those 10 Nero chapters you'll do one or two as Dante or maybe V.

41DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I might be wrong but I think the first 9 missions are split between Nero and V. I feel like I remember journalists from the recent preview events saying that they got to play missions 1-10 and Dante was only playable in the last one.

I'm still really looking forward to the game but I hope that we don't get a DMC4SE situation of having loads of variety in characters and mechanics, but not enough situations/missions to use them in. I won't mention any particular details, but the trophy list was leaked and does suggest how many missions there is if anybody wants to look it up.

42DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:03 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> Trophylist
You ra(e)ng?
https://stinger.actieforum.com/t349-dmcv-trophy-list-leaked
Haha!

But yeah, though I did hear talk of free Blood Palace DLC, that's something!

43DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:16 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I spotted that we had a topic on that about a minute after I posted! >_<

Yeah, it's great that Bloody Palace is returning. I hoped that we'd be able to replay any mission as any character but Itsuno has suggested that won't be the case in a recent interview (he was asked about clips of V fighting Goliath and explained it was from Bloody Palace, Goliath will only fight Nero in the story).

Still cautiously hoping the DMC4SE characters will be playable, even if its just for Bloody Palace.

44DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Empty Re: DMC 5 Demo (PS4) Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:26 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I heard Itsuno mention there were no plans for DLC for now. But that's basically corporate speak for "we'll make it if we sell a lot". Porting over Trish and Lady wouldn't be too much effort unless they really screwed up their skeletons during development.

I'm a bit sad and confused why it is always such a big issue for DMC to not allow multiple characters to play the same stages. Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden 3 did it...hell even DMC3. What's the hold up Itsuno? Why Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum