You are not connected. Please login or register

Sine Mora

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sine Mora Empty Sine Mora Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:54 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Never knew what this game was until I picked it up in a bargain bin today, looked on the back and saw that Grasshopper Manufacture was involved. Bought that faster than...than...something else that's really fast!

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

2Sine Mora Empty Re: Sine Mora Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:17 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Had a jam on this last night and I suck ASS.

I never play these types of games. I know I need to GIT GUD but damn, how does anyone avoid a screen covered with bullets moving in insane patterns?

One very strange thing I noticed is that parts of your plane can't be hit. It's weird. Like I clearly see bullets pass through the tail and other parts so I'm guessing only the body or cockpit take damage. I don't know if this is a glitch, and there's little info available.

Thing is I never see where I'm hit because I'm frantically trying to dodge and return fire. When you get hit you lose time, but also every powerup you have goes flying around the screen.

One very cool feature is every time you beat a boss, you unlock it in 'boss practice mode'. So useful for learning patterns and practicing dodging bullets.

Last edited by Birdman on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

3Sine Mora Empty Re: Sine Mora Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:52 am

AKheon

D-Rank
Veteran

I've played a bit of Sine Mora Ex. I guess the correct genre for this type of games is "bullet hell", where it's customary that only a very small part in the center of your plane actually reacts to hits, so it's likely intentional.

Yeah, the bullet formations tend to be pretty insane. I'm not all that great in this type of games either; should try to play it again some day.

4Sine Mora Empty Re: Sine Mora Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

where it's customary that only a very small part in the center of your plane actually reacts to hits, so it's likely intentional.

Wait, so that's actually a thing? Weird idea. But this is invaluable info. I can see how what I thought looked impossible would be totally possible with this info and tons of practice.

5Sine Mora Empty Re: Sine Mora Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I once - long time ago - had a good talk about the genre since he was a big fan of Mushihimesama. He noted exactly what AKheon said, generally your pilot is the hitbox of your plane. This is done to be able to swarm the levels more with bullets while not making it too hard to see your plane.

I really like these types of games, same with Ikaruga.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum