You are not connected. Please login or register

Cooking: what do you cook

+2
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cooking: what do you cook Empty Cooking: what do you cook Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

So yeah, do you guys cook? If so, what are your favorite recipes? I tend to make quick but healthy dishes that take about 15-30 minutes max to make so I don't spend the whole night cooking, but sometimes in the weekend I make something more unique. What about you guys? I'll share my own recipes later, at work now haha.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:36 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

My cooking is basic and garbage. I can't process anything beyond simply heating something.

My gf mostly cooks gross Filipino food or seafood and I don't touch it. She can cook something decent now and then so she has some semblance of use.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

3Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'll note some easy and highly delicious recipes that I tend to make a lot when I don't feel like cooking:

Pasta Pesto
Pesto
Pasta
Creme fraise/ whipped cream
Leek
Ham cubes
Mushroom/paprika
Olive Oil
Butter

Boil the pasta with some salt for about 15 minutes, you can add a bit of butter too. At the same time warm up some olive oil together with a bit of butter in a pan. Cut the Leek, throw it in on a low fire and bake it up. Add the mushroom/paprika (both, or either or) after a few minutes and then wait a few more minutes and throw in the ham. Shake it a bit, add some salt, shake it some more and wait until it is ready. Then add the pesto, stir again. Add the cream, stir again.
Now throw the pasta-water away, and add the pasta to the vegetable mix. Stir a bit and you can eat. Really healthy, cheap, and delicious. If you double the ingredients you can easily make food for two days.

4Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Back in 2014-15 I used to make my own stir fries, simple stuff with chicken and some soy sauce usually, about every day until I got sick of it, but I might try that again this year. I'd make stir fries since then I'd know I've had 5+ vegies, I like vegies.

Yesterday I had a burger and I can't remember what I had before then, not good at remembering what I've eaten on a daily or weekly basis haha.

5Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:11 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm so horrible.

6Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:43 am

Jareson

Jareson
D-Rank
Veteran

I started the Ketogenic Diet a couple months ago and outside of like 3 cheat days, I've stuck to it. Includes a lot of eggs and salt in everything, but its low carb so I have to get creative to make up for the lack of bread, potatos, rice, and sugar. Fortunately, there are a ton of resources, and the burgers I make are just incredible every time I make them. I'm intending to make Cheddar Chicken Nuggets tomorrow using coconut and almond flour in order to make the breading, then just deep fry them. Excited to see what they taste like!

7Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Ketogenic Diet huh? Any reason behind this? I read it is used a lot of epilepsy. Pretty cool though! I was on a very strict diet from age 6 to about 19 due to extensive 'allergies' (not strictly one, just easier to explain that way haha). After having tasted the sin of actual food at age 20 I haven't looked back though haha.

8Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Jareson

Jareson
D-Rank
Veteran

Mostly do it for the mental efficiency it has helped me with. I dealt a lot with brain fog and memory issues over the past year when I was working security and my diet was horrid. Once I got on this diet, those all cleared up and I was finally able to tap into my creative brain again. The diet has a ton of amazing options so I've enjoyed it thoroughly since I started.

9Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

If you want a simple dessert with few resources, try adding a dab of butter to a frying pan, very low heat, then add some ground cinnamon to make a thin sauce. Add a banana, I slice it vertically, and then remove when its fused with the sauce. Really cheap and doesn't take long.

10Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:31 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Gabriel Phelan Lucas wrote:If you want a simple dessert with few resources, try adding a dab of butter to a frying pan, very low heat, then add some ground cinnamon to make a thin sauce. Add a banana, I slice it vertically, and then remove when its fused with the sauce. Really cheap and doesn't take long.
Oooh that sounds pretty sweet!

Over here we have something called the "Allerhande", a free-magazine that launches each month with recipes made with the food supplied by the supermarket you got the magazine at. Pretty nice, and healthy too.

https://www.ah.nl/allerhande/recepten/R-L1383828531946/hoofdgerechten?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1urov6zy1wIVCvEbCh1olgDIEAAYASAAEgLknPD_BwE

It is in Dutch so, probably not a big help haha. Still pretty good stuff, I generally just browse through the recipes to learn new things.

Jareson wrote:Mostly do it for the mental efficiency it has helped me with. I dealt a lot with brain fog and memory issues over the past year when I was working security and my diet was horrid. Once I got on this diet, those all cleared up and I was finally able to tap into my creative brain again. The diet has a ton of amazing options so I've enjoyed it thoroughly since I started.

Hm, yeah a good healthy diet can do wonders for the body to cleanse it. I was on a low-sugar, low-fat, no-hystamine diet for all those years and it really cleaned me out. One of the biggest upsides of a diet is also that you enjoy the unhealthy things a lot more, since you don't eat it as much.

11Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Quitting soft drinks was hard AF.

12Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Birdman wrote:Quitting soft drinks was hard AF.
My previous job had ton of sugardrinks to keep you going late into the night, took me a while to let that go too. Pffffff.

13Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:14 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I just picked up a sous vide, and it is incredible! If you love steaks at all you should definitely look into one. I am eating beautiful rare steaks that just take an hour in a water bath and a quick sear with a propane torch. I have spent US $60+ on a steak in a high end restaurant and it doesn't compare to what I can make for a 1/6th of the price at home now.

I got the anova nano which is pretty cheap at least here in the us.

14Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:27 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Never heard of a Sous Vide, but it looks pretty interesting! I love steaks, though we usually prepare it asian-style, which is pretty delicious too. Going to look into it man, good tip!

15Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:24 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Sous Vide Everything on youtube has some great videos if you want to see how it comes out at the end. They also have a good beginner vid. The magic with sous vide is the ease. I was watching john wick 2 last night and cooking a steak at the same time haha, super easy.

16Cooking: what do you cook Empty Re: Cooking: what do you cook Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:05 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

Nuked X. If you're X, get NUKED.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum