You are not connected. Please login or register

ChatGPT reviews Action Games

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:52 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Thought it would be fun to ask GPT4 (the one you pay for) some questions while I get my $20 worth out of it.

Prompt: best character action game

GPT 3.5 (free)

There are many great character action games out there, but one of the best is probably "God of War" (2018) developed by Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

This game follows the story of Kratos, a former Greek god of war, as he embarks on a journey with his young son Atreus to fulfill his wife's final wish. The gameplay is a mix of intense combat, puzzle-solving, and exploration, with a deep and emotional storyline that keeps players engaged throughout the game.

The combat system is particularly satisfying, with a variety of moves, combos, and weapons that can be upgraded as the player progresses through the game. The game also features stunning graphics, a beautiful soundtrack, and memorable characters that are well-developed and bring the story to life.

Overall, "God of War" is a masterpiece of a game that is not only fun to play but also offers a powerful narrative and emotional experience that makes it one of the best character action games ever made.

GPT 4 (paid)

As of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, some of the best character action games are:

1 Devil May Cry 5 - The latest installment in the Devil May Cry series, which offers fluid combat, a variety of characters, and an engaging story.
2 Bayonetta 2 - Developed by PlatinumGames, this sequel to Bayonetta features fast-paced, over-the-top action and a charismatic protagonist.
3 God of War (2018) - This entry in the God of War series takes Kratos to the realm of Norse mythology, where he must protect his son while facing new challenges and enemies.
4 Nier: Automata - This action RPG from PlatinumGames combines a unique narrative with polished gameplay and an intriguing open world.
5 Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From the creators of Dark Souls, this game combines challenging combat and stealth elements in a beautifully realized feudal Japan setting.

Please note that these are just a few examples of great character action games, and there may be newer titles released since my knowledge cutoff date. Additionally, personal preferences may vary, so it's essential to research and try different games to find the one that suits your taste the best.

GPT has these "hallucinations" where it's confidently wrong about things. That's because it says what humans wants to hear, rather than what's factually correct. GPT 4 has 40% less hallucinations. It's also a bit more diplomatic, hence listing 5 CA games by (presumably) their review scores.

2ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:53 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

The rest of the prompts are GPT4

Prompt 2: Write a review of Ninja Gaiden 2 in the style of Royta/Raeng

Title: The Crimson Edge of Difficulty - A Review of Ninja Gaiden 2

Preamble:

Ah, the delightful smell of blood, sweat, and tears mixed with the blissful agony of a true gaming challenge. Few titles can evoke such a potent concoction of emotions as the infamously difficult, yet undeniably rewarding Ninja Gaiden 2. Team Ninja's masterpiece of action-adventure gaming has stood the test of time, inspiring countless souls to take up the mantle of Ryu Hayabusa and face their darkest fears. As a humble disciple of the path of the ninja, I shall attempt to dissect this work of art, one meticulously designed encounter at a time.

Gameplay Mechanics:

Ninja Gaiden 2's gameplay is an intricate ballet of destruction, requiring precise timing, expert execution, and the mental fortitude to persevere in the face of crushing adversity. The game's combat system remains one of the most engaging and complex of its genre, demanding players to master a vast array of weapons, techniques, and strategies. The deceptively simple foundation of light and heavy attacks, combined with the evasive maneuvers of jumps and rolls, is elevated to an art form by the breathtaking variety of combos and deadly finishing moves known as Obliteration Techniques.

Enemy AI and Encounter Design:

The true genius of Ninja Gaiden 2 lies in its impeccably crafted enemy encounters, which are designed to test your skills to their absolute limits. With an astonishing array of foes, each boasting unique attack patterns and relentless aggression, the game forces you to adapt and evolve or face certain defeat. The AI is ruthless, often attacking in coordinated waves and exploiting any signs of weakness. It is in these pulse-pounding moments that the game reveals its true colors: a merciless crucible that forges the spirit of the warrior within.

Level Design and Atmosphere:

From the neon-lit streets of Tokyo to the sun-drenched sands of an ancient desert, Ninja Gaiden 2's levels are a visual feast of detail and atmosphere. Each environment is meticulously crafted to both challenge and captivate the player, with hidden secrets and deadly traps lurking around every corner. The game's pacing is expertly balanced, offering brief moments of respite amid the relentless onslaught of enemies. The haunting soundtrack, which perfectly complements the game's brooding atmosphere, serves as the final piece of the puzzle, enveloping the player in a world of shadow and steel.

Difficulty and Accessibility:

Ninja Gaiden 2 is the very embodiment of the phrase "no pain, no gain." It is a title that demands the utmost dedication and perseverance from its players, offering little in the way of mercy or hand-holding. But it is precisely this uncompromising difficulty that makes the game such a rewarding experience. Each hard-fought victory, each seemingly insurmountable challenge overcome, serves as a testament to the player's growth and skill. For those willing to embrace the crucible, Ninja Gaiden 2 offers an experience that is both exhilarating and profound.

Conclusion:

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a masterclass in action-adventure gaming, a title that pushes the boundaries of difficulty and rewards those who are willing to walk the path of the ninja. With its deep and intricate combat system, expertly crafted level design, and unrelenting challenge, it stands as a testament to the art of the video game, inviting players to prove their mettle against its brutal gauntlet of foes. It is a journey that will leave you battered, bruised, and begging for more - the crimson edge of difficulty that cuts deep into the heart of gaming greatness.

3ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:57 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

OK this one was actually decent

Prompt 3: Write a Bloodborne review in the style of Jackie Estacado

Title: The Bloodborne Chronicles - A Night's Journey Through The Dark

Hey there, it's me, Jackie Estacado, the Darkness-wielding mobster you've come to know and love. Now, I know you're used to me stickin' it to rival mobsters and demons alike, but today, I'm doing something a bit different. I'm going to give you my take on the game Bloodborne, developed by the sick and twisted geniuses over at FromSoftware.

I gotta say, when I first heard about Bloodborne, I was intrigued. A dark, twisted, Gothic nightmare that makes you question reality and challenges you to the core? Sign me up. The game takes place in the city of Yharnam, a place cursed with a horrifying blood-borne disease. As a Hunter, your job is to navigate the dangerous, confusing streets and put an end to the nightmare.

Bloodborne's atmosphere is absolutely top-notch. It's like stepping into a painting by H.R. Giger, if that painting was dripping with blood and the creatures inside were trying to rip your head off. It's a world that reeks of desperation, fear, and madness. And if you know anything about me, you know I can appreciate that.

The game's combat is swift and brutal. As a Hunter, you'll need to rely on your speed and agility to survive. It's a far cry from the slow, methodical pace of my Darkness powers, but I found it exhilarating. The weapons are creative and versatile, with each offering its own unique playstyle. You can wield anything from a massive hammer to a saw cleaver that splits open for wide, sweeping attacks. But don't forget about the firearms - they can be a lifesaver, allowing you to stagger enemies and create openings for devastating counterattacks.

Now, let's talk about the enemies. Bloodborne's foes are some of the most grotesque, relentless creatures I've ever encountered, and I've faced some pretty nasty ones in my time. These creatures will test your limits, and you'll likely die time and time again. But trust me, there's nothing more satisfying than finally taking down a seemingly insurmountable boss after hours of struggle.

The story in Bloodborne is cryptic, to say the least. It's not the kind of story that's spoon-fed to you. Instead, you'll need to piece it together from item descriptions, environmental clues, and the ramblings of the few survivors you'll come across. It's a twisted, Lovecraftian tale of cosmic horror that had me questioning my own sanity.

If I had to complain about anything, it would be the occasionally frustrating camera and the somewhat obtuse multiplayer mechanics. But these are minor gripes in an otherwise outstanding experience.

So, would I recommend Bloodborne? Hell yes. This game is a dark, nightmarish journey that's worth every drop of sweat and blood you'll spill along the way. If you're a fan of challenging, atmospheric action RPGs, you owe it to yourself to give Bloodborne a try. Just be prepared to face the darkness within, and remember: "Fear the old blood."

Rating: 9.5/10 - A Bloody Good Time

4ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

This shit is hilarious. Surprised it writes such long files too (probably because of the paid version). Laughing my ass off at also how randomly correct and incorrect it is. It basically just praises a game, that's all it does.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

5ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:38 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

Well, you know they put guardrails on it after BingChat went on suicide watch. It's all toxic positivity now. Man, Bing would probably fight with you if you insulted its favorite game.

I asked it for the flaws of each game rated. Starting with Bayo 2, it said: Camera issues; Repetitive enemy encounters; Difficulty spikes; Linear level design; Story and dialogue. I poked it about the forced witch time and parrying enemies, and that the story and linearity were good. It did its usual Chat thing where it immediately capitulates when you challenge it. It said the blocking added complexity, and some players found witch time challenging. Same with linearity and story: some people like it, others don't.

I then gave it web search results through WebChatGPT. It thought dodge offsets could help stop blocking enemies. Didn't mention that them breaking out of combos was the criticism. It talked about inconsistent witch time durations rather than the fact Lumen Sage and Sloth required witch time to beat them, and the removal of NSIC due to it.

GOW18 flaws: Pacing issues; Limited enemy variety; Backtracking; Upgrading system; Camera issues; Linearity; Difficulty spikes.

Further prompt - flaws from an action game perspective:

From an action game perspective, the flaws in God of War (2018) could be:

1    Combat pacing: While the new combat system is more grounded and deliberate, some players may feel that it lacks the fast-paced and fluid action found in previous God of War games or other action titles, like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta.

2    Limited combo variety: The game's combat system features fewer combos and moves compared to some other action games, which could make the combat feel less varied and dynamic for players who enjoy mastering complex combo systems.

3    Camera issues: As mentioned earlier, the over-the-shoulder camera perspective can cause issues in combat, making it difficult to keep track of multiple enemies or to see incoming attacks from off-screen.

4    Enemy variety: The limited enemy variety can make combat encounters feel repetitive, as players are often facing the same types of enemies with only minor differences in abilities and attack patterns.

5    Less emphasis on aerial combat: Unlike some other action games that feature extensive aerial combat mechanics, God of War (2018) has a more grounded combat system, which may be seen as a flaw for players who enjoy the freedom and spectacle of aerial combat.

6    Difficulty balancing: Some players might find the difficulty spikes and balancing issues to be frustrating in an action game, as it can disrupt the flow of combat and lead to an inconsistent experience.

7    Simpler puzzles and platforming: The new God of War game focuses more on narrative and exploration, and as a result, the puzzle-solving and platforming elements found in previous titles are less prominent and less challenging, which might be seen as a flaw for players who enjoyed those aspects in earlier games.

Again, these flaws are subjective and might not apply to all players. Some players appreciated the more grounded and narrative-driven approach of God of War (2018), while others preferred the faster-paced action of previous games in the series or other action titles.

From an action game perspective, some flaws in Devil May Cry 5 (DMC5) could be:

1    Limited enemy variety: Some players may feel that DMC5 has a limited variety of enemies, causing combat encounters to feel repetitive after a while, especially during multiple playthroughs.

2    Uneven character balance: DMC5 features three playable characters, each with their own distinct playstyle. However, some players may find that the characters are not equally balanced in terms of complexity and depth. For example, V's combat style might be considered less engaging than Nero's or Dante's by some players.

3    Mission pacing and structure: Some missions in DMC5 may feel repetitive or overly linear, as the game relies on a mission-based structure instead of an interconnected world. This design choice can lead to a lack of exploration and a more constrained feeling for some players.

4    Camera issues: Occasionally, the camera in DMC5 can be problematic during intense combat encounters, making it difficult to keep track of multiple enemies or to see incoming attacks from off-screen.

5    Story pacing: While DMC5 has a more focused story than previous entries in the series, some players may feel that the pacing of the narrative is uneven, with exposition-heavy sections interrupting the flow of the action.

6    Resource management: Some players might find the management of resources like Red Orbs and Devil Breakers to be a bit cumbersome, as it can force players to backtrack or grind for resources to acquire upgrades or replenish their arsenal.

7    Lack of innovation: While DMC5 is a polished and refined entry in the series, some players may feel that it doesn't bring enough new ideas or gameplay mechanics to the table, making it feel more like an evolution rather than a revolution of the Devil May Cry formula.

These flaws are subjective and might not apply to all players. Many fans and critics praised Devil May Cry 5 for its engaging combat system, diverse cast of characters, and impressive visuals, but it's important to consider these potential flaws from an action game perspective.

While NieR: Automata is praised for its unique blend of storytelling, action, and RPG elements, it does have some flaws from an action game perspective:

1    Inconsistent difficulty settings: NieR: Automata has four difficulty settings (Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard). Some players may find that the game's difficulty curve is not well-balanced, with some finding Normal too easy and Hard too punishing, leading to a less engaging experience.

2    Limited combo variety: Although the combat in NieR: Automata is more refined than its predecessor, some players may still find the combo variety somewhat limited compared to other action games. This could lead to repetitive gameplay for those who prefer a more extensive range of combo options.

3    Enemy variety and AI: While NieR: Automata has a better selection of enemy types than the original NieR, some players may still feel that the enemy variety could be improved. Additionally, the AI of some enemies might not be as challenging as desired, which could reduce the overall difficulty and excitement of combat.

4    Weapon balance: NieR: Automata features various weapon types, but some players may find that certain weapons are more powerful than others, leading to a lack of incentive to experiment with different weapon types.

5    Inaccessible moves: Some advanced combat moves can be difficult to execute or require specific combinations, which might not be intuitive for all players. This can lead to some frustration or missed opportunities in combat.

6    Fetch quests and filler content: Some side quests in NieR: Automata are fetch quests or require repetitive actions, which can detract from the overall experience and break the pacing of the action-oriented gameplay.

7    Camera issues: While the camera in NieR: Automata is generally improved compared to the original NieR, there may still be occasional issues with camera control during combat, making it difficult to keep track of enemies or see the action clearly.

It's important to remember that these flaws are subjective and may not apply to all players. NieR: Automata has received critical acclaim for its engaging story, unique gameplay mechanics, and atmospheric world-building despite some of its gameplay shortcomings.

And now I'm at the usage limit for the next 30 mins. Any guess what the Sekiro flaws will be? I'll be shocked if it mentions parrying. Going off its template, I expect: camera issues, limited combos, limited enemies, inconsistent difficulty and pacing issues.

6ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:02 pm

nepu47

nepu47
C-Rank

But " an intricate ballet of destruction, requiring precise timing, expert execution, and the mental fortitude to persevere in the face of crushing adversity." is just such a cool phrase for ninja gaiden 2.

https://www.backloggd.com/u/nepu47/

7ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:00 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

>ng2 quote

I'm putting that on a motivational mug.

I suspected it would mention Soulsborne, and it didn't disappoint.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is an acclaimed action-adventure game, but there are some flaws from an action game perspective that some players may experience:

1    Steep learning curve: Sekiro is known for its challenging gameplay, and players might find it difficult to adapt to its unique combat system, especially if they are used to the slower-paced combat of FromSoftware's previous games, such as Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

2    Limited customization: Unlike other FromSoftware games, Sekiro has less character customization in terms of playstyle, builds, and equipment. This can make the gameplay feel less varied and less replayable for some players who enjoy experimenting with different character builds.

3    Punishing difficulty: Sekiro is notorious for its difficulty, which can lead to frustration for some players. While the challenge is part of the game's appeal, some may find it too punishing and not enjoyable from an action game standpoint.

4    Lack of multiplayer: Unlike the Soulsborne games, Sekiro does not feature any multiplayer components, such as co-op or PvP. This can be seen as a drawback for players who enjoy engaging in multiplayer activities in action games.

5    Enemy variety: Although the game features a variety of enemy types, some players might find that the game could benefit from even more diversity in enemy design and behavior to keep the combat fresh and engaging throughout the game.

6    Uneven pacing: The pacing of Sekiro can be uneven at times, with sections that feel slower or more exploration-focused, which may detract from the action-oriented gameplay for some players.

7    Limited options for grinding and leveling: Unlike other FromSoftware games, Sekiro does not offer as much flexibility in terms of grinding and leveling, making it harder for players to overcome difficult sections by leveling up or farming resources.

It's essential to remember that these flaws are subjective and may not apply to all players. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has received widespread praise for its innovative combat system, atmospheric world, and rewarding gameplay experience despite these shortcomings.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is a fast-paced action game that has been praised for its intense combat and challenging difficulty. However, it also has some flaws from an action game perspective that some players might notice:

1    Camera issues: One of the most commonly cited flaws in Ninja Gaiden 2 is its camera system. The camera can sometimes be uncooperative and obstruct the view of the action, making it difficult to see enemies and properly react to their attacks.

2    Difficulty spikes: While the game is known for its challenging difficulty, some players might find certain sections to have sudden and steep difficulty spikes, making progress feel frustrating and inconsistent.

3    Repetitive enemies: Some players might feel that there is a lack of enemy variety in the game, which can make combat encounters feel repetitive and less engaging as the game progresses.

4    Technical issues: Ninja Gaiden 2 has been reported to suffer from various technical issues, such as frame rate drops and graphical glitches, which can detract from the overall experience.

5    Level design: Some players might find the level design to be linear and lacking in exploration, which can limit the depth of the game experience compared to other action titles.

6    Limited healing items: The scarcity of healing items in Ninja Gaiden 2 can make the game feel overly punishing, especially for players who are new to the series or struggle with the combat mechanics.

7    Checkpoint system: The checkpoint system in Ninja Gaiden 2 has been criticized for being inconsistent and sometimes unfairly spaced, which can exacerbate the difficulty spikes and lead to frustration for some players.

It's important to note that these flaws are subjective, and many players still enjoy Ninja Gaiden 2 for its intense combat and high skill ceiling. The game's shortcomings might not detract from the overall experience for all players and can even be seen as part of the challenge that the game offers.

God of War (2005) on PlayStation 2 is a critically acclaimed action-adventure game known for its engaging story, fluid combat, and excellent level design. However, it does have some flaws from an action game perspective:

1    Camera issues: Similar to many action games from that era, God of War suffers from occasional camera issues that can make it difficult to track enemy movements or navigate environments.

2    Platforming sections: Some players find the platforming sections in the game to be frustrating and less polished compared to the combat. These sections can feel less intuitive and less enjoyable than the rest of the game.

3    Repetitive combat: Although the combat system is generally praised, some players may find it repetitive over time, especially when facing similar enemy types multiple times throughout the game.

4    Quick-time events: The heavy reliance on quick-time events (QTEs) during boss battles and other scripted sequences can be divisive. While some players enjoy the cinematic experience, others may find QTEs intrusive or overly simplistic as a gameplay mechanic.

5    Puzzles: The puzzle-solving aspects of God of War can feel out of place or forced for some players who prefer a more action-focused experience.

6    Difficulty spikes: Some parts of the game may feature sudden difficulty spikes, leading to frustration and a sense of inconsistency in the overall experience.

7    Backtracking: God of War includes some backtracking through previously explored areas, which can feel tedious and slow the pacing of the game for some players.

It's important to remember that these flaws are subjective, and many players still enjoy God of War for its engaging story, rich mythology, and satisfying combat. Despite its shortcomings, the game remains a beloved classic in the action-adventure genre.

You get the idea. It's very surface-level, very GPT 3.5.

8ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:11 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I think a lot of the times it sounds like it's just generating random nonsense that 'sounds' smart based of off a pre-defined outcome. You can ask it about DMC2 and you get the most generic 'negative' review there is. As you note, the second you say "hey that's not right" it basically gets on its knees and begs forgiveness.

I do wonder what it bases its lists on. Can't be metacritic as Ninja Gaiden Black has a far higher score than most action games.

And yeah NGII's feedback for example reads very by the numbers. Difficulty Spikes aren't there for example, it just starts really hard and then eases up for basically forever.

9ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:27 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

So it's pretty much getting stuff it read online and mashing it up? Like AI art.

10ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:43 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Honestly it's not too far from the shit jornous write. A blob of vague descriptions with big words and no mechanical talk. You could replace every writer of Kotaku (or any other publication) with this shit and people wouldn't notice.

Btw, do you guys actually use ChatGTP aside from fucking around with it? I found it's basically a better Google when talking about objective concepts and such.

11ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:30 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

>replace Kotaku writers

It's already happening at Buzzfeed. You'd think outlets that lean left and care about workers' rights would be the last ones to replace them.

>use

Even coders I know aren't integrating it into their work flow. There was a demo where it coded a website from a napkin drawing. That's not available yet, so I'm doing things the old fashion way. Copilot in Office 365 might be a better integration, where it actually scans documents and interprets data. Wouldn't recommend paying for GPT4 just yet, or better yet learn to use their API calls so you pay pennies for its use.

12ChatGPT reviews Action Games Empty Re: ChatGPT reviews Action Games Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:59 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I use it a lot to help with hashtags and socialmedia in general for my art, as well as use it to help me with writing for my comic. You can really add things into it like "character is in x situation, give five examples of how she could survive" and generally you can use that as a jumping point to make your actual story. Generally it comes up with some random shit, but sometimes it's also pretty good.

Also use it a lot for Warhammer, it's pretty good at making custom mission descriptions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum