The DioField Chronicle

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The DioField Chronicle Empty The DioField Chronicle Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:44 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

Picked this up on impulse.

Played about 5 hours so far. Pretty cool stuff if not super advanced yet. Positioning and resource management seem to be huge elements. Little neat thing so far is that there's an ability that get its cooldown removed if it kills, so you can chain kills together if you deal group damage beforehand. I usually don't like cooldowns but this has them alongside meter so I'm okay with it.

One thing I always like about strategy games like this, is how different every level/battle is. You never really know what you're walking into and the developers can be really good with creating scenarios you're not quite prepared for. The first boss and the level leading up to it were both really cool.

I'll post more later.

2The DioField Chronicle Empty Re: The DioField Chronicle Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:42 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

Played the demo. Liked the basic mechanics enough to want to see more, but worried it will turn into one-shotting everything. Stages have ranks meaning this is likely the case. Let me know.

3The DioField Chronicle Empty Re: The DioField Chronicle Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:29 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Think I'm about halfway through. Some criticisms:

-Game is preeeeetty easy, I've only failed a couple times and it was mostly me not paying attention to the thing I was supposed to defend
-Some character building stuff seems underdeveloped
-My biggest issue though: no environmental interactions. This really baffles me since FFT and Tactics Ogre did this stuff forever ago
-Very little enemy variety, even with bosses

Despite all of that, I'm still enjoying it. Battles can be pretty quick with a lot of multi-tasking going on. Good bit of neat tricks too, there's a spell that transfers status effects to other enemies for example. Only having 4 units per battle is kind of low but you can give them each a support unit to increase the number of skills available.

Another thing, balance seems totally insane. Rias(main character) does about 75% of all damage that the group does, I really have no idea why he's such a powerhouse compared to everyone else. My entire gameplan revolves around getting him into position and keeping his meter up to melt everyone while the rest of the unit just kind of fends off anyone he can't currently deal with.

EDIT: there are difficulty settings, not sure why I thought there were none

Last edited by Infinity_Divide on Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

4The DioField Chronicle Empty Re: The DioField Chronicle Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:38 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak

Oh yeah, I finished this.

There are 7 chapters but you basically see everything the game has to offer by chapter 3. By chapter 4 or 5 I was just using the same skill set up in every single battle. There's only a handful of enemy types and no environmental stuff like I noted before so there's not much to get you to you know, strategize or whatever.

Every fight in the last 3 chapters went like this:
-Have everyone huddle up right before an enemy's line of sight
-Cast ignition
-Hit the front enemy with cyclone
-Stun any enemy who is winding up an attack or has a lot of health
-Use shadow step which does insane damage on anyone with a status effect
-Repeat for every encounter until the mission ends

Even the final battle was just going in a straight line to one battle, then running back the other way to fight two waves of enemies, all of which being enemy types I've fought a million times. Once you gave Zoruaq, the game is over because he and Rias just annihilate everything.

This is one of those games that really could have been great but I think a lack of budget and time held it back significantly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum