You are not connected. Please login or register

It Takes Two

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It Takes Two Empty It Takes Two Sun May 16, 2021 10:17 am

hebass

C-Rank

Played this game to completion with my Wife over the past week. Steam version, I own the game, she played for free with the Friend Pass, separate PCs.

This game is brilliant in a lot of ways. It has a wonderful message in its storytelling, has a lot of different gameplay mechanics, which can sometimes be disastrous in some games, but they executed so well on the majority of them in this one. I don’t know what this game would be like playing solo or just with a “buddy” (probably still fun), but it’s definitely awesome for couples. It’s a game that offers true co-op between the players, has combat, adventure, is emotional and funny at times.

It borrows from a lot of other games, makes direct references to some of them, but is still altogether unique in its presentation of those elements. The game is lengthy enough and offers new gameplay with each new area visited. Each area is very distinct and offers good places to break the game up into multiple sessions. I’ll also add that the game is forgiving enough that you and the other player both, do not have to be expert game players.

This game came at the perfect time for us to as we just moved and are moving again later this week and have pretty much nothing but our computers set up for the time being. It also offers replayability in that both characters have different abilities. Also worth mentioning that there are lots of mini-games you can find. Little side quests to the main story.

I give this game a huge thumb up if anyone is looking for a pretty sweet co-op game.

2It Takes Two Empty Re: It Takes Two Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:38 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users

I consider this to be a co-op masterpiece for the reasons stated above. Major respect for releasing a Co-op ONLY game in this decade with AAA production values. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the game running at 60fps, especially with such stunning presentation.

Unfortunately my Dad, my only gaming partner, is too unskilled/uncoordinated to properly play with. He has trouble navigating 3D space and doesn't understand various game design visual aids/cues or interplay between established mechanics(for puzzle solving) and thus needs constant guidance/prompting.

Last time we stopped playing at the airplane escape section, since he was controlling Cody that means he has to pilot...which he had some trouble with. Might consider swapping roles for that section.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum