You are not connected. Please login or register

New PS2 problem.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New PS2 problem. Empty New PS2 problem. on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:58 am

Birdman

Found an unused PS2 slim online and it just arrived but keeps freezing or disabling my controller on the browser screen. A few times I was able to get to system configuration but it freezes or disables in there too. Games will load a black screen only.

Closest diagnosis I can find has something to do with the real time clock battery but that says the swirling lights on the browser will stop. Mine are still going. All the other symptoms are the same though.

I'm not taking something like this apart to replace a clock battery. I'll just end up destroying it.

Any ideas?

2New PS2 problem. Empty Re: New PS2 problem. on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:42 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Considering how old the machine is at this point, you're looking at a lot of potential problems originating from dust collection or even water damage. I can't give any insight on this sadly, sorry man!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3New PS2 problem. Empty Re: New PS2 problem. on Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 am

Birdman

It was bought here in NZ and has never been out of the box. The condition is absolutely perfect. No part ever touched.

But I think it's this real time clock battery from what I've researched. The solution is to get a new battery and replace it.

Looks like it might work similarly to SNES carts where as long as the battery hasn't died, your machine will still power it. Like the SNES 20 year guy I guess.

Makes sense. A brand new console never used because someone wanted to be a collector, has allowed the battery to run dry and the system doesnt charge it from this state.

They say it's a simple fix, but I dont trust in my ability to dismantle this thing.

Worst case scenario, I still walk away with a brand new PS2 controller which is as rare as it gets.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum