You are not connected. Please login or register

Code Vein

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Code Vein Empty Code Vein on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

Pretty fantastic showcase by OLTO. Game, honestly, doesn't look half bad. Much faster than Souls for one.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:14 pm

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
B-Rank
I tried a bit of this game. It was... okay. The animations were pretty clunky, and the parrying didn't have much impact (And the counterattack is REALLY overanimated). Backstabbing was also way too easy.

The level design was... kinda crap as well.

I'll give it a run again at some point, but I remember getting bored fast, and jumping right back to The Surge 2.

3Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:31 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
I have been playing this and it's not half bad. It is just God Eater but souls. The story is vague and dumb in a good way. I really like the look of it as well. Every enemy and weapon is super over the top. Normal enemies you kill in three hits look like most games bosses. The character building is interesting as well. You don't dump stat points in, instead you equip "codes", which are just stat loadouts with there own skills tied to them. You can master those skills as well through using them which allows you to use the skills on any class. Though some have stat requirements, so you can't make a 2 handed strength and magic build like you could souls. Unless there are codes like that I haven't seen. Most seem to favor either ranged or melee.
You also have a ai buddy at all times, though you can turn him off. I like it because it lets me just play real sloppy and get through the game quickly. Caster builds are very strong since your ai can take aggro.
It's dumb anime fun.

4Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Tue May 26, 2020 7:13 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
B-Rank
Oh yeah, this game existed.

A few months ago, my friend lent me his PS4 to play this game, because my PS4 is homebrewed, and I can't be bothered to update, so thanks to them.

There are clearly some things that the team put a LOT of effort in, like the Blood Codes, RPG elements, graphical style, certain bosses, and certain environments, but a whole lot of other things felt extremely unpolished by comparison. Level design ranging from serviceable to just awful, a lot of boring environments (Compared to Nioh, or Souls), bland enemies, low variety (And it's not the Nioh problem where it kinda just shows you everything it has to offer at once... No. there just really isn't a lot of enemies) hit reactions ranging from serviceable to just bad, unsatisfying weapons... Very inconsistent game. Doesn't have half the amount of polish as a game from the Souls series, or Nioh.

I ended up just phoning it in super hard for this game from around a third of the way in onwards. Played with an AI buddy, and put virtually no effort in trying to learn anything. Just couldn't be bothered. It was good for some mindless fun, though. If I went back to it, and actually learned it, I might have a lot more fun, but with all the other things working against it, I don't see any reason for actually wanting to do so. It's like, why would I bother wanting to learn better ways to hit things if hitting things isn't very satisfying?

5Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Tue May 26, 2020 8:13 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Hm. Shame to hear that it didn't leave a good impression, but understandable and valid complaints. Was there talk of a sequel yet? Would seem like they got the basics down good i.e. mechanics, but need a chance to polish up the rest I'd say.

6Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 pm

Birdman

This game got a massive discount here recently. Low enough to make me almost want to grab it because 'why not at this price'?

Can someone answer these?

Is there PvP? I don't feel like getting attacked or playing anything where stuff is locked behind it.

Is there ranged combat? I recall some kind of gun in the demo or a spell but neither had much range and I didn't enjoy at all.

7Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:24 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
@Birdman wrote:This game got a massive discount here recently. Low enough to make me almost want to grab it because 'why not at this price'?

Can someone answer these?

Is there PvP? I don't feel like getting attacked or playing anything where stuff is locked behind it.

Is there ranged combat? I recall some kind of gun in the demo or a spell but neither had much range and I didn't enjoy at all.

It has been a while but If there is PvP it is optional, I never had it happen. There is a Bayonet Rifle category of weapon, I didn't use it much maybe give it a google.
I don't think you can snipe like dark souls, the levels are not very open.
Also a bunch of ranged magic IIRC.

8Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:46 am

Birdman

Looks like it only has co-op.

Watched a few gun builds and it it seems the max range is still pretty far. Far beyond melee range. Feels about the same as MHW's light bowgun.

Might grab this then.

9Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:24 am

Birdman

Got it and passed what I played in the demo area. Can't wait to get my hands on more codes. Read up on a few and already see some that would really help my gun. Currently going through the ruined city looking for Hunter code pieces.

10Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:25 am

Birdman

Hunter has a gift that temporarily powers up shots. Huge difference but I'm really lacking ichor. Basic shots use 1, and I only have 30. Not sure how much higher it goes.

Got venom and slow gifts. Is infliction like Horizon ZD? Looks like an icon with a meter around it appears and fills with each hit.

Saw an ability that drains life for ichor. Could come up with something to generate endless bullets if there's something that can regen life.

The NPCs in the home base have trade items that sound useful. There are 2 I have my eye on that add poison or slow to your weapon permanently by the sound of it but you need to build trade points by giving them items they like.

Still very early days and a lot of blood codes still to find.

11Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:23 am

Birdman

Just found the Darkseeker code. Some very nice poison abilities.

12Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:56 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Codes are like special abilities or something?

13Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:00 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
They are like classes you equip, they change skills and stats. When you level it up all the way you can use that codes skills with other codes. The idea is level them all up so have access to the as many skills as possible. It is a pretty cool system.

14Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 am

Birdman

I'm up to this boss that inflicts slow even if you block. Annoying as fuck.

15Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:58 am

Birdman

Passed that. Managed to get enough trading points to buy Mia's bayonet. It has way longer range than my old one. Her blood code has some nice stuff too but I'll need to complete it before I can use it all. No idea where the rest is.

I always find it hilarious how these games copy Souls so blatantly.

16Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Birdman

I'm now level 80 and enemies still hit like trucks. A basic guy could get my life down in a few hits. These later knight enemies can destroy me in seconds if I'm not careful.

Might be my build. I only use the bayonet and maybe my blood veil is weak.

Feels like this game is designed to be played with a partner or another player. Multiple enemies are a nightmare for me and the game even tells you to try pull single enemies. That's in the description for the dagger item.

Though I guess there are crazy melee builds that can stomp groups too. I've seen a few of my partners do some nice moves. One had an AoE that stunned surrounding enemies.

17Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:27 am

Birdman

Getting more blood codes and abilities that support my playstyle. Still a long way to go though.

At first I thought shooting range was lock on distance but you can actually shoot outside of that if you line it up right.

Played some co-op and the connection was awful.

18Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:50 am

Birdman

Damn. Some encounters just utterly destroy me and my partner. It's mostly due to my playstyle though. I refuse to be a giant sword wielding dude with magic bombs. It just isn't fun to me.

I'm building solely around the bayonet's single ichor shot. Working on setup trying to get the highest damage shot and sacrificing HP for ichor. Still a ton of abilities to unlock. Right now I'm leveling up a few.

There are two ways: defeat enemies or use special items. The items can be dropped be certain tougher enemies or bosses. In the Depths which are short, optional maps, you can fight bosses over and over. You don't even have to repeat the map to get all keys for the boss door. There's always a mistake (bonfire) fight outside so you can reset them forever.

I got all the dlc and gave them a try. These are crazy. You can set the difficulty level and accomplishing certain tasks give you rewards. There's a blood code for doing 40,000 damage in a single hit on the boss. It's got an ability I really want and I'm not going to be happy if I have to build a super sword guy just for that.

19Code Vein Empty Re: Code Vein on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:20 pm

Birdman

Losing interest.

None of the blood codes are offering much to my playstyle. There are too many limits on what you can use together. The bayonet's shot plus any gift buffs are way to expensive, where melee is based on stamina.

Anything remotely interesting has led to dead ends. Can't manage to output jack shit damage. And yes I've seen the builds where they one shot a boss but that's sitting outside the boss room buffing, switching classes and using Blood Sacrifice. You can't do that in normal encounters.

I didn't like Bloodborne at all for this reason.

The difficulty modes just keeping pushing up enemy hp and damage. Feels like a dps race most of the time.

I did some of the DLC and got a blood code that boosted mind and willpower to S+. That's insane, but it barely affected my damage.

The game encourages drain attacks and there's parrying which I hate.

Status effects are worthless and can only be inflicted by spells or melee. Why not bullets? Incredibly lame.

I think I'll drop this one. I'm clearly not enjoying it anymore.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum