You are not connected. Please login or register

What are some of the most polished games you have played?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
I was listening to a podcast talking about the trash fire that is Fallout76, and it got me thinking. Before the HD gen games used to be VERY polished. I can't recall a single bug in RE4, GOD HAND, or the Persona ps2 titles.
I really wish games were still like this, but it is just getting worse and worse.

Birdman

I've heard the term over the years but it seems to often be used to describe games one doesn't like. Kinda like 'clunky' and that.

What is the exact definition of polish? Bugs only?

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Definitely. Anything that shouldn't happen with the software that negatively affects the player's enjoyment. Crashing, locking up, falling through the world, progression stopping bugs.

An example:
I was playing one of the ps3 ratchet and clank games, it froze while autosaving, and corrupted the save. I was over halfway through and never touched it again.
I would consider that not very polished at all.

Sent from Topic'it App

Birdman

So nothing like rushed graphics, bad collisions, wonky animations, etc?

I've rarely encountered bugs like the ones you've listed outside of making them happen myself like OOBs.

In recent memory, Rise of the TR on 360 was awful with Lara often appearing knee deep in the floor, enemies flying sky high from stealth attack grabs (where she strangles them with her bow) or scrunching up into a ball when climbing. None of this was present in the PS4 version though.

Mostly small things here and there.

The Witcher 3 had some annoying shit like dying from 2 foot high drops. I once jumped this fence and just died. This was in the complete edition too, but overall the game was solid.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I think for me it would be basically every Nintendo game in the SNES era, those were very well polished. Runner ups would be titles like Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, basically every Resident Evil game, The Witcher 2, Diablo, Batman Arkham Asylum etc.

There's too many for me to mention right now.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Yes. The golden of Nintendo, that quality seal was no joke. It's sad Breath of The Wild can get real messy, Wind Waker was so well made. But I guess it makes sense with the size of BOTW. I have definitely had some weird issues with The Witcher 2, but overall for a modern western RPG, it is very polished.

I didn't even know Rise of the TR was on 360, wow. Do they still make 360 games? I would love to see what that looks like compared to maxed pc.

I have been playing some Red Dead 2, I just wanted something simple and immersive for a change.
I play about one or two of these a year. Man that game is MESSY. It feels held together with duct tape like Bethesda games. It makes sense because it is doing so much, but it really detracts from my enjoyment of it.

Birdman

I guess CL because in 14 years of playing I have only had one glitch happen. I tried for hours to replicate with no result.

There was one target enemy left and it was in a corner by a gate, and Perfect Thanatos smashed it through the gate somehow. I guess it clipped through the corner. After that it couldn't be attacked from the other side and I had to reset the stage.

I even tried to get Sieg clipped like this since the same 'rules' of a glitch usually apply but got nothing.

Never had a single issue before or after that. I tried to glitch in other ways but got no result. Some of these older games are really well built.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum