Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Japanese Commercials Empty Re: Japanese Commercials Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Reuben Langdon is a sweety. Man I want to see him as Dante or in more games, he such a good actor.

I respect capcom for letting him be Dante still, same as dan southworth as Vergil, I was surprised he returned for dmc4 SE.

Fuck dino/El Donte tho, well el donte Spanish is legit fun guy. Did anyone think that was a good idea, really it needed to be its own thing not dmc.

3Japanese Commercials Empty Re: Japanese Commercials Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I just really like how all the DMC-main cast so far (not counting DmC) has been from Power Rangers origin. That said I just really liked the Japanese style commercials. Look cool!

4Japanese Commercials Empty Re: Japanese Commercials Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:02 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Haha yeh I was like u wot when I realised that Vergil was the quantum power ranger from time force.

Capcon better go all out with dmc5 or not at all, I don't want another half baked game like 4. Dante doesn't even get his own levels in it just less interesting versions of same levels, oh n the savour abysmal 'boss'.

5Japanese Commercials Empty Re: Japanese Commercials Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Gabriel Phelan Lucas wrote:Haha yeh I was like u wot when I realised that Vergil was the quantum power ranger from time force.

Capcon better go all out with dmc5 or not at all, I don't want another half baked game like 4. Dante doesn't even get his own levels in it just less interesting versions of same levels, oh n the savour abysmal 'boss'.
To be fair that was because, I believe, DMC4 was originally NERO only but due to fan backlash included Dante pretty late into development. Not sure, remember reading this somewhere.

6Japanese Commercials Empty Re: Japanese Commercials Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Dmc4 was beyond rushed it needed so much more time, enough to give Dante his own lvls n bosses, they did do a decent job with what they had even if the reuse is atrocious. Damn dice games n boss reuse. That's the biggest turn off all the reuse.
They knew not to milk credo.

Blitz r not fun to fight, they too scripted to interact with, more like bosses than regular mobs.

I see that they made them as a nod to shadows in dmc1 but shadows where fun to fight since they had low life so they could be dealt with effectively with little tedium.

7Japanese Commercials Empty Re: Japanese Commercials Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

DMC4 is a game I'm really looking forward to talking about on Stinger Magazine, just like the series in general, as the development is really mysterious and interesting with every title. DMC4 has a lot of varying stories surrounding it but I'll note the most infamous ones.

• DMC4 had a lot of time put into developing the engine which left little time to actually make the game: not sure if true.
  • The original game was 100% Nero but when they tested this with a small group of play-testers this backfired and the restritive mechanics of Nero felt like a casual step back. Nero's campaign was rushed to completion and the story and flow was rewritten to make Dante playable. This would explain why once Dante appears there is no new content: probably true, but the reveal teaser showed only Dante so that's a bit weird.
  • They didn't know what to do with the IP going forward and tried so many things that they eventually ran out of time and had to put what they had together and just ship it. Probably not true, or partially true.

8Japanese Commercials Empty Re: Japanese Commercials Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:08 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

It's a baffling title as some unknown shenanigans went down. It needs some closure for everyone's sake.
(I put numbers I couldn't figure out bullet points yet gotta sleep m8)

1.They did a solid job on Nero and dantes gameplay. Trish, lady and Vergil are nice but Vergil and Trish seem overpowered.

2.credo is a great boss he a better version of Nelo Angelo if you ask me, namely his summon sword phase having him attack you also since you can break his swords.
love the spear throw, only fought him with Dante once after I got his super costume to fight credo in bloody palace, sucks they didn't add a boss rush or something with now 3 other characters and no new content at all.
what excuse was made this time? It is dmc4SE like dmc3 SE so that's to be expected.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum