You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wonderful 101

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Some of the ultra expensive tiers are already filled, so it is clear some fans are really supportive of it. I think this is one of those cases where Youtube influencers do help. Matthew is a big Wonderful 101 supporter, as is Setnaro and I believe Charlie will just about support anything that has a combo-mad somewhere on the web.
Wouldn't be surprised if some of the donators are also industry people, like people from the Capcom dev team and Nintendo themselves, wishing Platinum Games the best. Though that might be against company policy? Not sure.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

52The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Mon May 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
A-Rank
This comes out digitally tomorrow, right? I can’t find it on the PS store though. Anyone know what’s going on with it?

53The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Mon May 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
The steam version has been out for a while now iirc, other releases should hit tomorrow. I'm still holding off on playing it as I want the Switch version, but sadly it seems they botched most of the console ports in terms of framerate (once again). No clue how they managed to screw this up but I am a tad disappointed that it now runs worse in some cases.

54The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Tue May 19, 2020 12:13 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
C-Rank
I backed the physical PS4 version and was supposed to recieve a Steam key as compensation for the physical delays - still waiting for it...

55The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Tue May 19, 2020 8:41 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I got that code a while back, you should have too. Might be worth it to contact them since that's not normal. There were also a lot of faulty codes sent by accident, some even called "NONE" which was...fun. Give them a tweet.

56The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Tue May 19, 2020 8:52 am

Birdman

The physical is on Playasia but the EU version looks to be a month away.

57The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Tue May 19, 2020 8:41 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
C-Rank
@Royta/Raeng wrote:I got that code a while back, you should have too. Might be worth it to contact them since that's not normal. There were also a lot of faulty codes sent by accident, some even called "NONE" which was...fun. Give them a tweet.

I went to tweet them today and thought I'd check my inbox just in case, found I had an e-mail from their latest Kickstarter update posted today. The company that are providing the keys (called "The Yetee", apparently) have opened a support page for those who still have issues. I've sent them a message through that, so hopefully I should have a code soon.

58The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Tue May 19, 2020 8:42 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Funnily just after I sent that message here I also received that e-mail. Hope it works out for you man!

59The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:25 am

vert1

vert1
D-Rank
Does the multiplayer in this game suck? I never see it mentioned anywhere.

60The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
IIRC it isn't really great, and from what I hear the co-op is busted atm as well.

61The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:05 am

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
C-Rank
Woke up to a nice surprise today - got a card in the mail from our delivery service saying they couldn't deliver a parcel because of a customs charge. I had no idea what I had ordered that was coming from overseas...

Did a bit of digging and realised it's my physical W101 order, which apparently I have to pay £16.32 to claim. That's almost half the price of the game (which is now available in the UK for less than what I paid to back it). I'm not very impressed with this Kickstarter, if I'm honest.

62The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:38 am

Birdman

That sucks ass.

But you should see what the govt does in my country. They punish us with tax when we use services like Netflix and now we get taxed for buying online, even when the items aren't even available here.

63The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Be sure to get a bill printed and send it to the Kickstarter's arrangement service that handled the deliveries. Generally speaking they are responsible for these costs and you can demand them to be reimbursed. It's a hassle though.

Ironically, backing a Kickstarter often means you get it for more money spent and less quality and attention. Sucks.

64The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:54 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
C-Rank
@Royta/Raeng wrote:Be sure to get a bill printed and send it to the Kickstarter's arrangement service that handled the deliveries. Generally speaking they are responsible for these costs and you can demand them to be reimbursed. It's a hassle though.

Ironically, backing a Kickstarter often means you get it for more money spent and less quality and attention. Sucks.

I'm hoping they aren't going to play the "we did tell you there might be import charges" card, because the first time they mentioned it was on my dispatch confirmation last week, which is no good to anybody. I might have to do as you've said above - my initial reaction was to try and demand a refund and I'll just buy it from a shop instead. I've contacted them to see how helpful they're going to be before I get pissy about it.

EDIT: apparently they added this to their FAQ section 9 days after the kickstarter launched (according to a random Kickstarter user):

"Packaging and shipping costs for physical rewards are included in prices for applicable tiers. Rewards will ship from the United States, with any applicable Value Added Tax or regional tariffs being paid by the backer."

The same user has also stated that parcels valued under £39 can be exempt from import taxes and classified as a "gift" in the UK. I assume this means backers who ordered physical goods will get hit with another customs fee later on too. Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

65The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

66The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:39 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
C-Rank
I've just left a reply on that thread. According to our government website, we shouldn't have to pay a customs charge on anything under £135, so I'm not entirely sure how this happened and who is at fault. There's a form you can fill out to claim the money back if you feel you've been charged by mistake. I'll see if I get any response from The Yetee, but may end up having to take this up with our Customs service.

67The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:24 am

Birdman

So is this a good version or do I stick with the WiiU?

68The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Depends. The Switch performs slightly worse (yes) than the WiiU version. The PS4 has about the same performance. PS4Pro and PC beat it with a stable 60fps.

The reason basePS4 and Switch run worse is since they have a higher resolution than the WiiU.

69The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
C-Rank
I know it has a resolution buff but it performs worse than the original Wii U version? Wow, that's disappointing. I'm glad I ended up getting a free PC key due to the delay, in that case.

I played a couple of hours of it and still couldn't get in to it. It's a bit frustrating because I really want to like the game, but it's just not clicking for me. I have found I don't get a full appreciation for many action games until after the first playthrough though, so I'll stick at it.

70The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Yeah the FPS is a few frames lower on the Switch than the WiiU which is very disappointing imo since I bought that version. The PS4 is about on-par. It is especially laggy in cutscenes for some reason.

About W101, it really is a game that doesn't shine until you beat it. I had a similar feeling with Astral Chain. Keep at it!

71The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
A-Rank
Gotta say, I played my second playthrough on the PS4 and I just...don’t like this game like I used to. Way, way too many stupid segments, and the game wants to do everything in its power to just annoy me. Freeze frame when you get hit, enemies with bad tells on their attacks(yes, I’m sticking to my guns on this complaint), the camera is good in theory but the screen is way too cluttered with shit everywhere, the bright washed out colors make it way too hard to discern what is what, the off screen attacks are absolutely unacceptable, drawing the weapons is another great idea that just becomes annoying when battles get hectic, etc.

It’s a weird spot I’m in with this game; I’m a very “mechanics first” kind of guy, but I can’t excuse all of these secondary and supporting elements. The central combat here is fantastic, but when the game presents it all in such an obnoxious manner and I can’t call the game great, especially when it seems like a good 20-25% of the gameplay isn’t even proper combat. A good bit of the enemies and bosses are thoroughly uninteresting and unenjoyable to me as well.

Oh well. Can’t win em all,

72The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:12 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I'm honestly curious what you'd think about Astral Chain. I know I put it on a high pedastol constantly, but in a sense it is very similar to W101 in how slow of a burn it can be. My biggest point with W101 though, and I think Matthew says it nicely, it's fun if you play it on and off. Just put in the disc, do a few fights, shoot some stuff, maybe get a gold medal. Fun was had.

> drawing
I think it's a fun concept and a neat way to have enviroments play into the combat e.g. having small enviroments making it harder to draw certain weapons.

> camera
There's a button that lets you zoom out, press it at the start of every stage!

If you want I could hook you up with a few guys to talk more in depth too, I know a few. Maybe they can shed some light on it if you wish.

73The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:06 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
A-Rank
>Matthew

Isn’t W101 his favorite game? I find it weird that he would say that it’s best played on and off. But even that doesn’t always work, because if you want to just play it quickly for 30 minutes, that could all be spent doing some lame shmup section, or one of those awful sections where you have no extra characters with you.

>zoom out

Even zoomed out the clarity on the screen is low, bright colors everywhere, the circle under the hero is usually buried, off screen attacks still happen(tanks), etc.

I’d be willing to get some info but right now the game has just left such a bad taste in my mouth, I need to take a break from it. I get that this kind of thing might be “Kamiya’s vision” but maybe someone needs to keep him in check. I’m also amazed that the shmup sections were so universally disliked yet they kept them all in the remaster.

74The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:00 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
A-Rank
I lied. I’m giving this game another chance. Ordered the physical version because I figured it’s going to be rare and I’m going to keep playing. No, I can’t keep my word on whether or not I’m putting games down for good.

75The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:31 pm

Birdman

I do the same. Happened with Alan Wake and LR.

Some games burn me out faster than others but there are all kinds of variables as to why I return to stuff I once thought I never would.

76The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:32 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
A-Rank
You bounce between games more than I do probably. There’s just too many things to try out.

77The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Finally got my copy, only to be forced to pay an extra 20 quid, thinking "ah well, at least it contains my other backer stuff". Welp. I only have myself to blame. Package only contained the game. Guess I'll have to pay an extra 20 for the keychain lateron. Sent a complaint though I'm sure I'll get a snide reply back. Otherwise I'm contacting my bank to see the original charge re-inburced if possible. Fuck m.

78The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Finally booted the game up today after ignoring it out of frustration due to the kickstarter stuff. Quite liked what I played so far, it really is more like a modern arcade game, ups and downs and all. We'll see if I can stick with it.

79The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:03 pm

Birdman

Never trust a kickstarter.

80The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:50 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Why is that? Most of the kickstarters up until now that I've backed were fantastic, is this type of thing more common?

81The Wonderful 101 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wonderful 101 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:31 am

Birdman

Just seems like all I hear is negative, broken promises, changes that backers weren't consulted about, etc. Maybe they aren't all bad but I'd never support one.

"What if there was one for Chaos Legion 2?" Roy asked.

Fuck...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum