HotPocketHPE
GodModeGOD
Birdman
Royta/Raeng
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

201Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:01 am

HotPocketHPE

HotPocketHPE
C-Rank

I need to come back to this game at some point and atone for my sins (AKA play controller 30fps). One of Mikami's best for sure.

202Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:09 pm

Black Adam

Black Adam
C-Rank

>difficulty

Just normal for now. Reload cancelling with a scroll wheel isn't the best experience, but I'll keep to 30 and try Implementing more controllers. If Roy is right, it should be smooth sailing on anything below God hard, and I find that while critical health is common, dying isn't.

203Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:21 pm

Jackie Estacado

Jackie Estacado
C-Rank
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

>I'll keep to 30 and try Implementing more controllers

as God intended

keep it mind though i'm new to God Hard so i'm speaking from the perspective of a new player to God Hard. you can get good enough to play in that environment, Royta plays the 60 fps Xbox version i assume and i assume it's the same as the PC version. i don't know how i'd feel about the reduced wiggle room later on, but for a new player at least i think it's definitely too strict. but you could perhaps look at 60 fps as a goal for getting good enough. you might as well play on 60 for now unless it's gonna make it harder for you to switch later. but idk, a locked 30 isn't bad for me, a varying framerate is what i don't like.

>If Roy is right, it should be smooth sailing on anything below God hard

yep, although the Challenges are on Hard and they get brutal. don't let the weapon upgrade nonsense corral you into sticking with the same weapons btw, that shit is meaningless to begin with and you should learn the weapons and experiment with them.

204Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:06 pm

herodeath99

herodeath99
D-Rank

I'm thinking of picking up this game assuming I don't get sucked back into NG2 again and I'm wondering if anyone here knows how accurate the xbox backwards compatibility version of the game is or if I should just play on pc locked to 30 fps.

205Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:50 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

As far as I recall, it's a faithful way to play the original. It has a stable 30FPS and none of the later issues, at least to my memory.

Should note that, for a new player (going by your writing, you haven't played it before) any version is fine imo. Yes the original release has the original damage values, but unless you're going in balls,balls,balls deep you won't find that those changes impact your gameplay at all. You won't even notice them. Hell to be honest, apart from one single fight, I barely notice them and I've got 500+ hours played in this game across all versions. So don't make it too hard on yourself.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

206Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:20 pm

herodeath99

herodeath99
D-Rank

I just like making sure I get the "proper" experience whenever I play a super in-depth game like this even though I know it doesn't really matter. also the backwards compatibility version is cheaper.

207Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:28 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

In that case I'd personally recommend the BC version with DLC uninstalled. You can try the DLC weapons out on subsequent playthroughs but I'd recommend against not using them initially until you've beaten God Hard mode at least once.

Cool to hear btw that you're planning on diving in deep, it's easily one of my favourites.

208Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:09 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

>getting another Vanquish enjoyer
Something good in these dark times.

209Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Thu May 25, 2023 6:38 am

herodeath99

herodeath99
D-Rank

Alright I finally finished persona 5 and had time to just sit down to play this game and I played through normal mode in 2 sittings. I had really high expectations going in but god damn this game far surpassed them, it's constant fun the whole run time there is no low point. I like that the game almost never takes options away. My favourite part was the first time I shot a romanov with the LFE gun and saw them go flying across the arena or just chopping off all their limbs with the disc gun. I'm super excited to replay on the higher difficulties and will probably log my progress here every week or so if anyone is interested.

210Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Thu May 25, 2023 10:30 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Always love to see new Vanquish love. The LFE is the 'filter' for me these days, if you praise it, you're in the know. If you don't, you don't know action-games haha. It's such a unique and fun weapon. Very flexible too. Did you know you can throw a grenade and toss it half way across the map with the LFE? So many fun little interactions.

211Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:57 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Idk why, but for some reason a lot of my motivation to play vanquish went away once I learned the LFE gun didn’t shoot air but instead a purple ball that pushes enemy’s back. Nothing against the game itself off LOL. Just a funny story for why I put it off. Ofc gonna try it one day.

212Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:42 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Rage quit ninja gaiden 2 to play this game. First boss was really cool, I absolutely LOVE the slowdown mechanic, really adds a good chunk of strategy on focus on certain enemy’s. One question however, what utility do the punch moves have outside of dps? There is the kick one which is sick, but the others seem a bit more subtle in their design(mainly am talking about the state they put enemy’s in since yes I know they have charge moves and such or extenders). Overall, having fun. Although, I wonder how this game would be with a grapple hook for some reason.

213Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:57 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> melee
There's a few uses. The AssaultRifle-melee is the highest dps, but requires some setup to get the most out of. Boost-melee is the most efficient generally, good damage, fast, tracks. The kick from Sniper is fun for ringouts IIRC. The spinkick can be whiffed on purpose to do aerial shots in tricky places, and with good spacing you can use a whiffed kick to launch enemies.

> grapple hook
Stop.

> slowdown
Don't get too used to it, it's a very limited resource on God Hard difficulty.

214Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:22 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>melee
Thanks for the info.

>don’t get too used to it
Will try to.

215Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:29 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

DAMN!! The disk launcher melee is fucking fabulous. It doesn’t even seem to take up your energy, and it can literally slice the big guys in half.

216Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:20 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Oh, seems like in general a lot of melee attacks have that effect on enemy’s.

217Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:52 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> disc launch
It's a fantastic tool, lot of new players tend to overlook it so nice to see you gravitate towards it already. Has lots of utility. Bonus: you can shoot it to dismember enemies, some enemies have different AI depending on what bodypart they lose, making for some fun interactions.

> melee
It's an absolute nuclear bomb that goes off. You can technically headshot with it if you can align it right, but it's super hard. Deals a fuckton of damage tho.

218Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:50 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>gravitate towards it
Mainly since I’ve been hearing great things about it. So I thought I’d see what all the fuss is about. Safe to say, it’s pretty good although I’m a bit mindfucked on the disk shooting, is the delimb from that based on chance similar to NG2 or am I just being an idiot or does it require the last upgrade perk and I need to play on
Godhard to get that(currently playing on hard)?

219Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

https://youtu.be/Sjltp1DkePk
I wonder who he was talking about…………..

220Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:23 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Actually, was that the solid snake guy who’s here(infinity I think his name is)? Oh it is! Mainly found it through looking for a disk launcher guide.

221Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah that's Infinity, great guy and great Vanquish player.

> who he was talking about
I watched the video but not sure what you mean, maybe I skipped past that part? Timecode?

> delimb
It's RNG yeah. Note that upgrades are a bit of an afterthought (they aren't present on God Hard). I think aiming helps, you can get head-decapitations quite easily with it as it's a common strat in dealing with Romanovs.

222Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:43 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

>time stamp
11:33. It was pretty much a rant in modern media analysis. Pretty sure everyone here would agree with it lol.

>random
Ah, so similar to ninja gaiden 2. Romanov’s are such a good enemy.

Anyways, I am at the slope encounter with the mecha robot on top, really good encounter imo. Am also trying to rely less on slowmo tic prepare for godhard. Am having alot of fun with it, even am gonna put ninja gaiden 2 on the side for a bit to play this gem. And after watching TGBS video on this game after having actually played it…. Yikes. His take on the game itself is meh, but the worst part are the comments……. You literally have people who, and I’m not even joking, complain about the fact you are most likely to take damage in the game and how it’s impossible not to take damage(which I highly doubt is even true). And then suggest getting rid of the health regen overtime and replace it with…. Getting more health for not taking damage similar to dmc? And I’m not even joking, there is a guy who said, that the art design is boring and it would be better if it was in a dmc setting. Not even joking. And you have an idiot who’s says all the enemy’s are the same and that the games level design sucks due to there being no jump button……. Don’t want to go too long but you have to experience that shithole for yourself.

223Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:05 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

> gamingshitshow comment section
I'm not surprised that people that pay that guy money to poop out that content aren't of the highest intellect.

> romanovs
They are really great, definitely a highlight. The challengemaps are interesting too once you get to them, enjoy man, it's a gem of a game!

224Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:38 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

The bia has by far, the coolest design in the game. Gameplay wise he’s cool but a bit too tanky imo, and does he have delimbs or no? Tried the chainsaw strat to cut their legs but it sadly didn’t work. Cool enemy nonetheless.

225Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:36 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

The drill dudes are by far, the hardest enemy for me so far. I do like them though due to that. You’re encouraged not to just get rid of their legs since they gain the ability to then gain more ranged attacks that can even break cover. Great enemy, but I’m hilariously trash at them haha. Probably the best Romanov variant in the game.

226Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:04 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Just killed the giant ass robot at that big add beautiful city , that entire part was pretty fun. Favorite moment was pushing a romonav to the laser thing, really cool environmental and I felt like a genius doing that. The section where you go under the robot is cool, made me start to use cigarettes more which is a dope mechanic, although how do you get cigarettes back? The unknown enemy really is a unique encounter is the sense of it being very stealth like. It can get a BIT repetitive since you have to kind of wait for the ball to reveal itself to do good damage, but it’s a cool encounter nonetheless and I like his insta kill move. When I first saw the city, I was really stunned by how incredible it looked, although I wish it kept its blue look more. Really reminded me of asgard from the mcu in a good way. Overall good section and I just LOVE the LFE so damn much now. It has so much to it it’s insane, especially love how it can ring out romonavs which is sick.

227Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:03 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

The game really loves that spider mini boss, huh?

228Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:41 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

The 2 abi encounter was the scariest shit in my life.

229Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:20 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Will say, I really hate how if I’m low on health, the game puts me on slow mo mode. It just feels like the game then dies the decision making for me.

230Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:54 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah that's the biggest flaw imo, every player hates that. Especially since on God Hard it means you'll die since slow-mo is so much shorter there it basically means going into red-health also drains all your meter.

To make matters worse your health regens so slowly in God Hard, it's fully possible to go into the red, have your meter drained, have your meter recover and have it immediately auto-drained again since you're still in the danger zone. Terrible idea imo.

231Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:51 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

At the final boss now.

232Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:41 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Didn’t beat the final boss yet, but overall the game was great. The encounters were pretty good, the enemy design was very good, loved the weapons, the bosses were decent(final boss I great though). In general, hard definitely feels like a tutorial for godhard. So that’s where I’m expectsting the true vanquish to be at.

233Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:07 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

God Hard is really, really rough starting out, so strap yourself in. Most players quit at 1-4. Don't give up!

234Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:24 pm

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

The final boss is melting my ass it seems.

235Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:24 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

The final boss in this game seems to be a lot of fun once you learn how they work, but if your like me, they are the most annoying son of a bitch so far haha.

236Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:17 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

The final boss is really good yeah. If you're struggling, there's a total of 9 EMPs available (3 base, and 2 full pickups). Once you memorize their locations it gets easier. Also learning their audio-cues helps to predict what attack they do i.e. "aim carefully" means they'll throw their overheater satalites.

237Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:26 am

Omar73874928271728

A-Rank

Leaving to return to America tomorrow. Will continue vanquish final boss there.

238Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:02 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I just saw that infinite grenade glitch.

239Vanquish: General discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Vanquish: General discussion Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:24 pm

Nuclear Sorrow

Nuclear Sorrow
D-Rank

glad to see omar making this far into vanquish on god hard mode

last time i played and finished vanquish on god hard difficulty on my first playthrough. i had 221 deaths in total

and right now im replaying vanquish on god hard difficulty again and just finished act 2, with no deaths

shotgun is your best friend in god hard difficulty

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum