Gregorinho
Nadster
Jareson
Royta/Raeng
Gabriel Phelan Lucas
Birdman
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Game/s you always go back to. Empty Game/s you always go back to. Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:51 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

For me it's Chaos Legion.

I remember back when I first bought it. We were poorer back then and buying a new game was a big deal, like once a year. I remember CL, Onimusha, and DMC1 were all I had for a few years. I played CL almost daily for 2 years continuously, then on and off ever since. I was even playing it earlier this year extensively. Back then, we had no choice but to burn our games to the max, creating challenges and developing new strats for years.

Now I've got tons of games but even when I have a huge list of stuff I've never finished, I always find myself popping in CL and getting stuck in that for a while. Once I get the equipment I've got a huge list of videos I want to do for it. I want to put all the knowledge I've accumulated over the years into multiple videos series.

I have the PAL version, but also bought the JP version with its numerous differences.

Runner ups would be, Haunting Ground, Onimusha (Genma), Fatal Frame 1, DMC3, and Okami. Could write encyclopedias on each one.

2Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:31 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I play certain games every year at least once, like re4, dmc1-3, god hand, vanquish and a few others I can't recall right now. It's so second nature I'll have to look through my catalogue.

3Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

RE4 is another good one.

I believe if you took every game away from me and left with CL I'd be fine. Throw in Okami as well and I'm set for life lol.

4Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I don't have a favourite so I can't say just one as I'd get bored eventually and need some time before returning and appreciating it all over again, hence why i may play a game I love once a year.

This year I played dmc1 three times, once on normal then hard and another on normal with sparda. I did this as I've not played dmc1 since I bought the HD collection. I've put most of the time into dmc3 since then, like maybe 50+ hrs for sure, still a scrub though I have to learn to parry all over again since I played turbo earlier this year, timing on inputs is much tighter.

Oh and I was playing re4 this evening haha.

5Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:29 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'll also add Transformer Armada for PS2.

I love to replay stages with different mini-con setups. You can't just equip any combination you want though. They're divided into classes; blasters, heavy weapons (launchers, bombs), support and passive

So passive would be armor enhancing ones and support is stuff like shields and melee boosters.

This system is to stop you from equipping 4 of the most powerful weapons or shields.

When you return to a stage, there are new and tougher enemies and placements. The boss does not return, sadly.

It's great for testing new combinations and seeing how they perform against various enemies and numbers.

Sometimes I like to equip the sniper rifle and range enhancer, with the goal of hunting down every enemy in a stage. The sniper has the ability to shoot 'weak points' doing huge damage, though some enemies don't have them.

Or maybe try stealth a whole stage with the invisibility MC. It doesn't last too long and cancels if you shoot or transform.

There's still many combinations of attack MCs I need to try too.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

6Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

I'd add F.E.A.R and MGS3 also.

7Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I generally have a small selection of games that get replayed once every few years just because I like them so much or because they bring back childhood memories. The titles generally are:

• Tales of Symphonia
  • Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
  • Beyond Good and Evil
  • Vanquish
  • World of Warcraft
  • Diablo 1
  • Swat 4
  • Splinter Cell 1/ Chaos Theory/ Double Agent
  • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
  • Resident Evil 4 (I rarely finish the run though)
  • Evil Within 2 (pretty sure this will be a thing)
  • Ninja Gaiden 2004
  • Super Mario World
  • Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge
  • Batman: Arkham Origins (my favorite)
  • Painkiller Black
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution

It is weird though, typing this list I noticed that there are barely any action titles on there haha.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

8Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:43 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

It's a WORK, ROYS A PHONEY!!!

9Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:49 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Haha yeah surprising list from you Roy. Damn fraud.

10Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Probably because I burn out of most action games, like I play them so much in a row I just get sick of them. I love MGR:R but I just cannot stomach playing it some times haha.

11Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Jareson

Jareson
D-Rank
Veteran

Right now it's mostly "Dead Cells" and "Heart and Slash". Fun little indie roguelike games with incredibly good combat.

12Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:15 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I never got into Roguelikes a lot, outside of Isaac for a while and FTL (must play for any trekkie haha). But they are fun and easy to revisit that's for sure.

13Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:32 am

Jareson

Jareson
D-Rank
Veteran

I normally hate roguelike because the concept of losing everything when I did always frustrated me, but Dead Cells and Heart&Slash do it right in so many ways, and I've come to love the roguelike concept because it can result in a quick 30-45 minute session of high intensity and fun. Dead Cells has a massive metroidvania vibe to is, and Heart&Slash is basically DmC combat in a randomly generated world that fits incredibly well

14Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:07 am

Gabriel Phelan Lucas

Gabriel Phelan Lucas
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran

Some games I feel I owe it to them and me to play more than I do, or at all. I've not touched Vietiful Joe since I was a lad, and I never beat it, still have my PS2 copy(featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series, which sold me instantly). PNO3 I've yet to play.

I love Gungrave Overdose, I should play that soon, its pretty much Dantes gunslinger style: THE GAME.

15Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Metal Gear Rising is a big one. I have other games for each system to keep playing.

16Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:39 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I love the combat system in Urban Reign, so i'm always happy to jump back in to that whenever the itch needs scratching. I'd like to create a topic for it when I have a bit more time to start a proper write-up.

17Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:34 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I played this many years ago, and I will never forget how badly I got destroyed. These two guys beat the shit out of me in a bar and I couldn't do a thing. Granted, I didn't know the mechanics and didn't play it for long.

I would love to see an indepth analysis. As I recall, the mechanics are similar to Tekken in some ways right?

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total

18Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:53 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

This is a fun topic. For most of my life, I’ve always basically played some new games here and there, only to go back to my regular games. I’ve gotten better at actually clearing my backlog recently, though. Basically, I sort of play new games to hopefully add more to this list, which is:

MGS2/3
Zone of the Enders 2
God Hand
Resident Evil 4
Mario Galaxy 1/2
Mario 3D World
Mega Man X series
Mega Man 9/10/11
DMC1
Any Souls game
Catherine
Doom 2
Doom 2016
The Evil Within
Contra 3
Zelda: Twilight Princess

>urban reign
This game was pretty cool, I didn’t play it until years later and was shocked how hard it was. Would like to go back to it.

19Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I'm surprised to see Twilight Princess on there Infinity. What makes you pull more towards that one?

> Urban Reign
Never heard of it, looks fantastic! Very interesting. Please make a topic Greg, would love to read it :)

20Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Infinity_Divide

Infinity_Divide
S-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Psychobreak
Expert on The Evil Within

>Twilight Princess
It has my favorite Zelda combat and some of my favorite dungeons. The sections between dungeons are long and usually pretty boring but I think they have a good payoff. I’m almosf done with Wind Waker though and it’s pretty great too.

>Urban Reign
It is pretty fantastic, really unlike anything else and it has a lot of levels and difficulties. Worth looking into.

21Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:22 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

> Birdman
The game does share similarities with Tekken - you can tell that both Urban Reign and Tekken run on the same engine and were developed by similar teams. There are quite a few animations borrowed from Tekken and I think some of the weapon attack animations are seen in the Soul Calibur games. Mechanically speaking, it definitely plays like it's own beast though. It's more of a beat 'em up / 3rd-person action game than a fighter in my opinion, although it does incorporate some of the strategies and mechanics that are common in fighters (particularly in the multiplayer mode). I think that'd be something interesting to cover in the topic.

> Urban Reign
It's genuinely one of my favourite games ever. As a couple of you guys alluded to, the game was criticised on release for being too difficult (personally, I don't consider it to be anywhere near as difficult as something like NGB or DMC 3). It was also criticised for having a dull story mode (true to an extent) and there being little to do other than fight - a very strange criticism for a beat 'em up in my opinion. I'm in the middle of some home improvement at the moment, but i'm going to start making notes for the topic. Glad to see some interest!

22Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:00 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'll try get my hands on a copy. Always wanted to get good at it.

23Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:41 pm

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

These days? Not a thing comes to mind.

24Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:30 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

SINGLE PLAYER
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou

MULTIPLAYER
Super Smash Bros. 64
Splatoon
Super Mario Strikers

25Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:12 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Interesting to see Sunshine on that list, what pulls you towards that title?

26Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:47 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

For conducting intense research observing all the camera interactions throughout the game, furthering my mastery of movement in a 3D space usually messing around in the hub, spacing out the expedition of the blue coins on the one file I go for 100% completion on, etc. Maybe this thread was generally for beating games repeatedly (?), which in this case is not what I aim for when playing this game.

27Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright
A-Rank

KH1-2, RE4, Shinobi, and Viewtiful Joe. That's as far as Action goes, would have to think a bit more in regards to other genres, but Mega Man 9-11 would have to be up there.

28Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:08 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

DMC3, Hotline Miami and MGS2 and 3, even though it's been a while since I played those. Might try to run the MGS HD collection on an emulator.

>Sunshine
Played it recently and hated it. It has the DMC4 syndrome, with good movement/tech for the playable character but lacking in everything else, including the quantity of content. It's also weirdly unpolished, lots of small bugs here and there.

29Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:34 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I do like how it tried to be different, and as noted it has a ton of movement-tech. But the levels just don't do it for me, for the most part. I still need to 100% it one day but I just can't put myself to it.

> Hotline miami
Damnit I really gotta get that game one day..

30Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:31 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

While on the topic of Hotline Miami, try to keep a few enemies alive if you get the Hotline Miami Collection on the Switch. I've played a few chapters on that system and I have noticed a few enemies walking into the background. I have no idea what is triggering it. It got so annoying where there was one enemy left and there is nothing you can do without restarting.

31Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:32 pm

Hyperfist/Malcar

Hyperfist/Malcar
B-Rank

Get it ASAP, can't recommend it enough.

>I've played a few chapters on that system and I have noticed a few enemies walking into the background
This didn't happen to me on Steam but even there it's a pretty buggy game sometimes (not as buggy as the sequel, but still).

32Game/s you always go back to. Empty Re: Game/s you always go back to. Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:54 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>Maybe this thread was generally for beating games repeatedly (?)
Just games you love that no matter how much time passes you always come back to replay for whatever reasons. Fantastic mechanics, memories, anything really so long as you like it.

So this wouldn't include say, trophy hunters who don't even like the game, they just need to see that 100%.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum