Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you playing right now?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

151What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
What system are you playing on? I've always wanted to try that title but never got the chance.

> hedfone
Yeah I played the title at launch, and it didn't stick with me. But when I later revisited it for the DLC, I loved it.

http://stinger.actieforum.com

152What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
I was playing it on the original XBOX. It's one of the games that is part of Midway Arcade Treasures 1. Midway Arcade Treasures 1 is also available on PS2 and Gamecube. I would also look out for Midway Arcade Origins for PS3 and XBOX 360 as well. I don't own them but I do recall seeing Smash T.V. on the back.

153What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Oh I didn't know it was part of those collections, good to know!

154What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
I forgot! There is also an arcade version of Smash T.V. version at the XBOX 360 Marketplace.

155What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:21 am

Nadster

C-Rank
Crimsonland.

156What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:36 am

Birdman

Damn it. Just bought Sekiro.

So now I'm alternating between MHW, NnK2 DLC, Sekiro, DMCV, and Curse of Darkness.

CoD is getting the least attention because I can't be bothered setting it up.

157What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:12 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
God of War 3 Remastered.  Going to attempt to beat the current puzzle.

158What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:15 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Remastered runs sooo good.
I wish that game was harder/longer.
Weapons are disappointing for me except the fists, love those.
My favorite GOW.

Sent from Topic'it App

159What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:21 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
GoWIII remastered is fantastic, apparently it has some audio bugs but it is also the only way to get all the costumes - most of which were pre-order DLC at the time of the PS3 release.

> Harder
The game, like the series, tends to show its teeth more in challenge runs. Things like NUR and the infamous serie's PAIN run are pretty sweet in that title and not as gamebreakingly nuts as in GoW I and II.

160What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:47 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Never been a fan of challenge runs other than in rpgs. The most I will do is base health runs in things like yakuza, the later ones got so damn easy. I just feel if I have to change how I play to make a game harder, the designer failed, and I would rather move on to something else. God Hand is plenty hard on it's hard mode, and even then, KMS runs are always there if you want that.
That being said, I am excited to try some challenge runs in Sekiro. Base health/damage, no tools, no stealth etc. Could be really fun.

161What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
God of War always had it hard in that it had to please the 'common' crowd with its low difficulty since it was such a mainstream title. But the combat has so many unique tropes to it that you don't really need to use outside of Challenge Runs. Something as simple as a No Upgrade Run alone makes the combat so absolutely fantastic.

I consider KMS a challenge run too.

162What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:20 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
At least god of war's hardest modes in the first two are actually hard. It's funny how people think it's a game about mashing square, try that shit in god mode lol. But only us few crazy people actually attempt these things, your common gamer is normal mode one and done never touch it again. I really hope sekiro teaches scrubs how to actually play action games again. Go read the negative steam reviews for the difficulty, it is a good laugh. That game is not that hard at all. If you have ever used any kind of just frame attacks or played a fighting game seriously, it is actually super lenient on timings.
God of War to me can be much more difficult without any challenge runs.
Imagine if sekiro required issen levels of precision to parry, that is the sekiro I want.

163What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:10 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I find those reviews to be more painful and rage-inducing to read than entertaining hahah!

People saying it "isn't hack and slash, it is hack and strategically slash" is degrading to games with far superior combat systems. If anything reading all those postive and negative reviews just makes me want to just visit this forum haha! So much idiocy, on both sides btw. People praising and defending the game are also mostly just spouting fanboyism.

I am really curious how a buddy of mine will handle it. He's a "Souls veteran" as he likes to call himself, but he only used magic on his four runs with sometimes a hyper build. The second he was out of spells he was a fish out of water. This game might break him.

> Sekiro having Issen
Dear god. I would love that, but I can just imagine the salt. I think the game would've really benefitted from really fully letting the Souls design formula go. Which is weird to me, since they were perfectly capable of doing so originally. But now I'm almost wondering if the next Armoured Core game will put attack on R1 and feature bonfires.

I really would've liked the game to just go that extra mile to distance itself and be something unique. Instead of a Souls title with stealth and a different Stamina mechanic.

> God of War
True, lots didn't even bother to play above Easy. Hard and God are pretty difficult I agree, but you really get a new appreciation (at least, I did) for the system on NUR. Especially considering the fantastic, not yet matched, grab system.

164What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:24 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Yes the grabs are top tier. Nothing feels as good. Maybe DMC4 busters, but there is no strategy to busters unlike god of war.

165What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Yeah the grabs, and their function and way they are used, are fantastic. Really a shame that the tether was introduced in GoW:A of all places, considering it is one of the worst in the series.

Buster is alright, really missed the options, collisions, ring-outs and all that jazz. I like how it sort of 'replaced' QTEs though.

166What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
Why was GoW:A one of the worst? A bit off topic but why?

167What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
I just loved bustering bosses, especially DT'd. It was like GOW but crazy anime.

168What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:59 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
God of War Ascension had a really troubled development. A big focus was multiplayer which took away a lot of the game's resources. Nearly all costumes and weapons are exclusive to that mode that only saw a few weeks of activity before dying down (mostly trophy hunters).

As a result we're left with a single player that:

- only has one weapon with four elements;
- only one of those elements being actually good;
- one of the elements not even working;
- tons of bugs, glitches;
- hidden collectibles being in plain sight since there wasn't time to hide them;
- reused enemies constantly;
- very one note enemies with only one way to really fight them;
- hidding half the moveset of the original game behind a meter system that empties when you take damage, basically forcing a bland no-damage playstyle;
- bosses that were so die hard at trying to one-up GoWIII in terms of cinematic flair you often couldn't even see Kratos during fights, he was that small;
- a completely pointless plot that served only to make Kratos more 'human' instead of the barbarian that he was;
- level design was, due to the rushed development, also pretty one-note;
- introduced Cooldowns to the game, and later fights were built around you just running around waiting for them to recharge;

And there's much more. As a stand alone title it is pretty good, albeit flawed. But compared to where the series came from it isn't that great honestly.

169What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
Now I am going to do Elex for the first time.

170What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:26 am

Nadster

C-Rank
Now I am playing Ninja Gaiden 2. It's feel like a long time and I stopped playing after fighting the Black Spider Boss.

171What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
God Hand. I'm not sure if I will ever understand Poker.

172What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:38 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Put NGII back into the tray, going to do a run with base health and no ninpo. Having a lot of fun so far!

173What are you playing right now? - Page 4 Empty Re: What are you playing right now? on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:41 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
So has anybody played Galaga? Galaga Legions DX is different from that game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum