You are not connected. Please login or register

Challenge Run page (first test)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Challenge Run page (first test) Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

https://stinger-magazine.com/challenge-run/

Finally got to work on this, let me know what you guys think! The idea will be to add more games and run ideas to it! afro

Any ideas, please share them! The link above isn't published yet, in that you can find it through the site normally. But we can already take a peak!

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:17 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

The only ones I can think right now would be a no-death Contra but with no power-ups and a sword only with DT allowed for DMC2(due to how you can abuse the guns in this game). Okay now I do have a couple ideas for MGR but that game is restrictive at times.

3Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You're talking to the MGR:R challenge run guy haha! I still have a few world-only runs there I think. I'll add that one soon enough!

That DMC2 run sounds interesting!

4Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

I'll get onto this later. Maybe copy some runs from the other thread but want to go over them first.

5Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

What do you guys think of Blind runs?

6Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:42 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

As in, playing a game for the first time?

7Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:09 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

As in not seeing anything.

8Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:43 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Ah ok.

I know a guy who did RE2 blindfolded. Magnum66 is his YouTube name I think.

Is this actually a thing? I haven't heard of any other cases though it's not something I'd seek out.

9Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:11 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

There are runs around it, I remember there was a novelty speedrun a few years back of OoT and GoldenEye. But it is more about memorization on Easy Mode.

10Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:37 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

I'm going to say no.

I recall someone playing some N64 game with his hands and controller completely submerged in honey. Not sure if it was intended as an actual challenge run, or just for viewer entertainment, but in the end, these types of things are really just giving yourself a physical disability. What's the limit? Where does it end? Should we have runs sitting upside down while taking a shit? An exaggeration, but you get my point.

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total

11Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

To note, I'm not going to continue this function for a bit. I have a few other things that take priority right now, but the idea will be there.

12Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:27 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

No problem.

I need to go over any additions and make sure they're all 100% possible because some (especially regarding CL) I can't fully remember. Knack 2 is fairly recent but there's an even harder version I want to attempt but not sure if it's possible.

Will work on notes over time on various games and try to have them ready for whenever you get back into this section.

I guess we can still discuss criteria. I say absolutely no physical disabling. Blind, one handed, submerged in honey, it never ends and has nothing to do with the game itself.

Runs have to have been done before. I prefer by the users here unless there are videos from trustworthy sources.

What do you think?

13Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:17 pm

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

I was playing God Hand earlier and it got me thinking of this run: The OLB KMS Run.

14Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Dear god I remember that one. There's one guy who did an OLB KMS Original Moveset run on Hard. I forgot his name, fantastic player, very patient.

15Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:00 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

What kind of run is that?

16Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:37 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

OLB stands for original-life-bar. KMS is the kick-me-sign, which means no God Hand or Roulette moves allowed. Original Moveset means the moveset you start the game with (and no higher level versions allowed).

17Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:12 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Maybe this site could have the first person in the world to platinum Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus [Vita] by finding a way to "harness the bullshit" in completing all the tag missions on Ultimate Ninja.

Demonstration:

18Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

That's a pretty clean re-creation of the NGS2 glitch on that stage, well done! There was a user on NGrealm that found a way to technically beat UN1 in NGS2+, but it required such long-lasting endurance of complicated inputs the user (RebornL(?)) gave up on it. I still check online once a year if someone's cleared it, but generally speaking there's a few hackers that get removed pretty soon after.

19Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:22 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

Marksmanship Award

Game: Space Raiders [GC][PS2]

See how many consecutive landed shots you can rack up. How many enemy waves can you clear like this? Can you go without missing a shot (i.e. dropping your chain) for an entire stage?

Notes: I feel a calming immersion attempting this and a strong sense of futility. There aren't any 'High Score' Youtube videos or Gamefaq guides for the game.

20Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:47 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

That looks pretty fun.

21Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Sun May 02, 2021 1:21 am

vert1

vert1
C-Rank

One game with sub section of challenges looks enticing for current games. How about having categories requiring completion of 5 games? Everyone could make up a range of games they think best train for that attribute.

Marksmanship Award - Beat 5 :: (Space Raiders, Splatoon 2: Octo Valley DLC, Max Payne 3, House of the Dead 2, Wii Play: Tanks!)

Old school arcade long-range shooting, gyro controls shooting, headshot simulator, lightgun shooting, pointer controls shooting.

22Challenge Run page (first test) Empty Re: Challenge Run page (first test) Mon May 03, 2021 8:35 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Fun idea! You mean like a forum page? It would be cool if you could display them in your profile or something. Lemme check for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum