Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

ONINAKI

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ONINAKI Empty ONINAKI on Fri May 24, 2019 10:23 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Just found out about this game. It looks like an action RPG with some stand/summon systems. Who knows how deep it gets, couldn't find a longer demo.

2ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Fri May 24, 2019 1:11 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I noticed this trailer too. It's a Switch title too right? Game looks pretty interesting. Reminds me a lot of some of the Korean phone games (in a good way). This may be surprising, but I'm also really surprised by the character designs. Usually it is really over the top with TnA, but this looks pretty 'down to earth' in some respects.

Consider myself interested!

http://stinger.actieforum.com

3ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Sat May 25, 2019 1:17 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Seems to be on everything steam as well, which is smart of them. No physical though, which I know the audience for games like this usually go physical. I could care less, I go digital unless it is an old collectible. If this turns out and the switch port is good, I would probably go switch for the portability, but the switch ports can be iffy still. RE4 just came out on switch and has some bad fps drops in docked.

4ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Sat May 25, 2019 10:58 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I heard the RE0 port has it the worst with absolutely insane loading times. Heard nothing but good stuff about the RE4 port though! Weird.

http://stinger.actieforum.com

5ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Sat May 25, 2019 12:10 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Digital Foundry has a video. Portable RE4 is pretty solid 60. Docked it can hit 40's in anything hectic.
Not a big deal for some I guess, but these days if I'm playing RE4 I want it rock solid.

6ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:10 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Demo just went up now, gonna try the switch version and report back.

The demo pretty much sold me. This seems like a solid action RPG, if I didn't spend money on MUA 3, I would buy this now. Switch version ran great as well. I would highly recommend anyone into action rpgs play the demo, I believe it is switch, PS4, steam.

Quick pitch is you summon stands/legions to do your special attacks which are on a cool down. The default stand lets you dodge, the second one lets you jump. The stand dictates the weapons and special moves/attack strings. There is a decent skill tree with a lot of flexibility where you want to go. I found it hard to choose between more skills to cause damage or utility skills like being able to attack cancel out of various moves, like the dodge. As you attack with your stand you gain affinity, as it builds you get more damage I believe but also at a certain point you get hit harder too. You can fuse with the stand to buff your character and allows you to cancel out of your attacks more easily, doing this expends all affinity.

There is a hard mode to with better item drops, which is a nice touch.

7ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:49 pm

Birdman

Will look into this. Sounds really interesting.

8ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:55 am

Birdman

Will download the demo when I get home.

9ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:53 am

Birdman

Not a fan so far though that could easily change based on future upgrades. It's also highly possible I'm missing an aspect to the mechanics so let me know.

Special attacks
Feels like doing Chaos Legions assists, but no i-frames and long recoveries mean you have to be really careful.

Dodging
With Aisha, I rarely use the dash as an evasive move. Mainly, I've only used it to close in on shooter types since it has i-frames. It can't be cancelled into so I'm not finding it hugely useful. Funny, Gale Slash is actually more useful as a dodge as it travels further.

Due to the lack of cancelling, I'm forced to hit and run. It become really apparent on the first boss, a giant creature than doesn't take hit-stun. If you dare to commit to even two basic slashes, you will be hit nearly every time.

With Aisha, I resorted to a single or maybe two slashes, then dashed out. Very boring and took ages.

With Zaav it was a little better. You get a speat and the ability to jump, which allows you to jump the ground slam shockwave, and the air attack you gain is a downward, diagonal dashing stab, and when you initiate this, you briefly stop in the air before boosting forward which is useful for staying above this attack.

Zaav's special is good for completely avoiding attacks, but has hideous recovery. This move makes you jump and vanish from the screen. A marker shows where you'll land and you can move it to a degree but it's pretty slow. It's pretty much the dragoon's jump attack.

I use this when the boss fires the missile volley since running doesn't work. Jumping worked to a degree but I haven't tested enough to know if it's reliable. Problem is I'd usually get hit after landing.

Affinity boost the meter that allows you to 'devil trigger'? It said something about being able to cancel attacks but I didn't notice anything.

Will get back to it and complete the demo.

10ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:39 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Hmm it's hard to say. For the dodge I also found it to be best at just closing distance, maybe that will change with upgrades. You can dodge attacks but not on reaction, more of a get in and already plan to get out kind of thing. I stopped playing the demo as I am just going to buy the game. It being on switch is a huge plus, I enjoy having a portable RPG to pick up when I have down time. I probably wouldn't play this on a tv.
I will be posting full thoughts when the release is here. I also really enjoy that it is light on story. I hate cutscenes these days.

Sent from Topic'it App

11ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:53 am

Birdman

Yeah because if it can't cancel you get locked into strings. Not a problem with regulars who take hitstun but I've already come across enemies that dont after the boss and that's where it falls apart turning into hit and run. Just run around the enemy until it attacks then catch it in its recovery.

Looking at the upgrades, lots of affinity stuff and a few that claim you can attack immediately after a special, if I'm reading correctly.

On the surface, aside from specials, the upgrades seem geared towards generating affinity in various ways to activate DT faster.

Got two new moves, one for each summon that are ranged. Zaav's has you throw him across the screen in Stinger fashion. Fantastic for decimating groups of small enemies.

12ONINAKI Empty Re: ONINAKI on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:35 am

Birdman

Haven't played this since but just saw the demo got an update. This is the first time I've seen a demo get an updated version.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum