Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

Metal Gear Solid 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Metal Gear Solid 2 Empty Metal Gear Solid 2 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
I feel this needs its own topic because it’s legendary. I’m back into speedrunning it on the HD collection so if anyone wants to talk strats or tech, do so here!(I doubt anyone is playing this but oh well).

https://youtu.be/4dmq0L5mnK4

Some interesting stuff that I’ve never thought of in this run. Firing the UPS to immediately start up an alert and avoid the potential to be shot at was brilliant, as was colliding with the guard in Strut F to buy enough time before exiting the area. Using the wall peek for iframes during the fight with Fortune was also something I never knew about.

2Metal Gear Solid 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 2 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:06 am

KSubzero1000

D-Rank
Legendary game indeed.

MGS3 is by far my favorite MGS game overall, but 2 is probably my favorite of the old-school, top-down camera, arcadey stealth ones. Great story too, obviously. I've never speedrun it, but I did platinumed it (twice!) when the HD collections came out, which was easier said than done! Those damn VR missions at the end...

3Metal Gear Solid 2 Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 2 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
3 is my favorite game ever but this is up there too. This game has a lot of little tricks and nuance that aren’t in the others. 3 is probably more deep but this game still has so much of its own craziness  that you just can’t get elsewhere.

>platinum twice
Hey, same here! I thought I was crazy haha.

>VR missions
Those missions as MGS1 snake are brutal, the lack of radar also doesn’t mesh well with the games camera. VR missions are my go-to mode when I just want to play the series, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum