Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin

Revealed yesterday is an upcoming action game by Respawn Entertainment (known for previously for Call of Duty and in their current studio for Titanfall and Apex). Some information on the title - I specifically left story bits out and just focessed on gameplay:

• Melee action game
  • Force powers and lightsaber
  • Combat is key, thoughtful, size up enemies and exploit weaknesses with powers
  • The rumors of it being similar to Dark Souls might have some merit (please no...)
  • November 15th release date (yet still no gameplay trailer...)
  • Appears to be open world (why...)
  • Some cosmetic customization, based on pre-order bonuses (here we go...)
  • Stormtroopers will apparently die in one hit, tougher enemies will be strategically difficult, wont just have higher health/damage
  • Inquisitors will be a common enemy
  • Metroidvania-esque aspect of returning to older levels with new abilities to access new areas
  • Some puzzle solving elements
  • Droid partner can use abilities

So far I'd have to see some gameplay first, especially considering how tainted the IP is getting in terms of media-outings. That said it would seem to be something along the lines of what God of War 2018 offered from what I'm reading. So it would probably end up being a sub-par action title built around one playthrough with lots of walky-talky segments, automatic platforming and little replay value or in depth mechanics. Here's hoping I'm really wrong! Because The Force Unleashed was pretty freak'n cool for its time, would be great if they'd top this! Thoughts?

http://stinger.actieforum.com

2Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
It’s being directed by the director of GoW3, for what it’s worth. Also I thought I saw an interview where he said it wouldn’t be open world, maybe I’m wrong. Either way, I’ll keep an eye on it but I won’t say I’m optimistic. No interest at all in SW so that doesn’t help.

3Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:13 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
I had fun with both of The Force Unleashed games! I might be wrong but I am pretty sure EA will ruin this somehow. This reminds me of the time I predicted Disney buying Star Wars when they bought Marvel. I think it is supposed to be semi-open world the last time I heard of this.

4Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Even though I am almost positive this will be AAA trash. I have a sliver of hope. Stig directed my favorite GOW game. 3 has some of the weakest combat and challenge, but it was just non stop action to the end. Need to get through a door? Just jam a poor woman under the handle so you can get through, fuck everything you are the GOD OF WAR. I think Stig was a part of all 3 games, and I have a theory that he was secretly keeping that ship afloat. Just look at the trash post-GOW Jaffe tried to shovel out, it made him leave games. I also really didn't like 2 after playing it recently. Too much walking and platforming through set pieces. Compared to the first game, I felt like I could count the fights on 1 hand in each level. But let's be real, this will probably be a walk and talk souls like with "MUH DEEP COMBAT" like God of Bore 2018.

5Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:48 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
God of War 3 had a lot of other great things though that often get it overlooked. Guy added the battering-ram move to the grabs, wall pins, more emphasis on enviromental kills while also adding a dash and airdodge. Fantastic title.

But that just doesn't sell. Especially with a brand that is getting slowly damaged like Star Wars. But we'll see. Right now it's being noted by Stig as "Wind Waker meets Metroid". Here's hoping!

6Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:50 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Loved the battering ram move, but it was kind of op. It makes the Hercules fight a joke for instance. It became my go to grab, where as in 1 and 2, I was always thinking situationally which grab was best.

7Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Empty Re: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Screenshot_2019-04-18-STAR-WARS-Jedi-Fallen-Order™-Pre-Order-on-PS4-Official-PlayStation™Store-US

Nothing is sacred...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum