Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

LEFT ALIVE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LEFT ALIVE Empty LEFT ALIVE on Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:36 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
So I am just posting a quick first impressions.
The game has 2 harder modes than normal, I was very excited to see this. I am on the hardest called hopeless. So far that is accurate . The first chapter took me 45 mins. I only had a pistol with very little ammo. I could not kill anyone as they were huge groups. Stealthing past enemies is not an easy thing to do, or see the correct stealth path. You really have to get creative. No stealth kill either so far. You can swap camera sides like uncharted and trailers have not shown this at all. It is clear the people playing for the trailers were playing at a low level. I hope the action opens up soon, but it looks like the first 3 chapters will be scrounging with a pistol as each character.
Levels have just the right amount of openess. This game plays out like Evil Within 1 did for me. Running back and forth to save points as I inch through levels. This game is my Evil Within 2 so far.

Last edited by hedfone on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total

2LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:33 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Sounds absolutely fantastic. How are the difficulty modes in terms of differences, are there any outside of damage values changing?

http://stinger.actieforum.com

3LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:32 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
I have no idea the differences. I have been on the hardest mode from the jump. You don't take THAT much damage from a single guy, but with two or more guys they will shred you. I will say there is a forced combat against 8 or so mooks at the end of chapter 2. I used every last supplies and ammo just to get through, had to melee the last guy as I had nothing left. Hard mode definitely effects resources, trailers showed that fight with hundreds of bullets. I had 20. I can't believe how good of a survival horror game this is. This game really feels like MGS4 to me as well, if MGS4 levels didn't have the transitions and were just one continuous map. I love stealthing in urban warfare. Being dropped in a war with nothing, and being hunted. I am loving it so far. It reminds me of the greats in the genre. REmake, early game RE4, Evil Within. If it keeps this pace it will be among the greats.

4LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
I'm a bit confused, so it's an open world survival shooter? With Stealth? Or action based?

5LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:34 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Not open world. Very much a linear chapter based structure, just bigger levels that allow options. Also on hard there is no action, it seems like early RE games where you just don't have the ammo to fight shit and you have to run. I have only seen one forced fight in the game. I am a few hours in.

6LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:37 am

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
How are the stealth options? Are weapons silenced? Guard placement? I’m extremely curious about this game, I definitely see myself picking it up in a few days.

7LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:58 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Just beat chapter 3. So far stealth is just avoid enemies. Weapons and ammo are given before forced action moments. Enemies drop nothing so there is rarely a reason to fight. You can do a melee combo on a guy if his back is turned, that is the closest to a stealth kill.
Guards are placed to choke point you around the map, they have very small sight cones and paths. It reminds me a lot of MGS4 if you played that. But more open and without any of the stealth options.
This has been one of the hardest games I have played in years. Mostly because there is currently no info on hopeless mode. Every chapter is breaking my will and I manage to just barely scrape by. There have been a few moments where I was stocked up and could go on the offensive, but that has been like 5% of my total playthrough. Anyone who tries hopeless, I pray for them. It is brutal.
I am planning on streaming this since there probably aren't any English speaking people playing.
I'll post a link when I do.

8LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:00 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/388851418

Here is me playing the hardest fight I have seen so far. It took me at least 20 tries, this VOD has the final few tries, including my successful run. There is some stealth at the end as well, feel free to skip around. I have a feeling this fight will decide if people can finish this difficulty or not. It almost broke me.

9LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Game looks absolutely freak'n fantastic, can't wait to see it getting 50/100 from multiple reviewers. Seriously though why did this game come out now, of all times. DMCV is around the corner, followed by Sekiro - granted there's a nice break after that but this is a doomed failed launch I fear.

Really going to pick this up by the sound of it though, looks fantastic. How's the story and cutscenes? Good or skip them?

10LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:51 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
Seems like it could be my kind of game. Will pick up a copy on Tuesday. Thanks for the impressions.

11LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:41 am

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Story has been solid anime war drama.
Like a darker Valkyria Chronicles. The story is non linear. So you might help one of the playable characters as another, and probably play that scene from the other side later. I like it so far.
This would have been a great January game.

Sent from Topic'it App

12LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
I was going to get this today but I think I’ll wait. I’m already buying two full price games this month.

13LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:14 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
Oh yeah man definitely wait. DMC comes out in three days. This game requires a lot of time put in to learn it, and they picked the worst release date imaginable. If this game was $40 or something it would make more sense. It is a B tier ps2 game on the ps4. That either is your thing, or not. I will probably pick it back up when I have exhausted Sekiro. I might also just chip away at Hopeless mode every other day or something for weeks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/left-alive-ot-actual-russian-bots.103383/page-2

Here is a great thread of people listening to one guy (who played on easy) say the game is shit, so they no longer want to try it themselves. Redbox is a thing, at least try the fucking game. I hate the group think/hive mind world we currently live in.

14LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:51 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Not surprising considering that site. I actually signed up there just before starting this forum, wanting to make it my home thinking it would be a good platform. Two topics later I deleted my account and never looked back. There's nothing wrong with casual players, but these are exactly the type of people we were talking about in this topic: http://stinger.actieforum.com/t376-dmc5-reviews-and-expectations

This year is looking to be very full with great, or at least potential, releases. February had Resident Evil 2, March has DMCV, April has Sekiro, June has Judgment, August has Astral Chain - a lot to digest.

15LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Thu May 09, 2019 10:46 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
I got a free steam copy of this from a loot crate giveaway. I already bought it so if anyone wants it, it's yours. It is very janky, but the difficulty is there.

16LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Fri May 10, 2019 6:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Damn, eh. Wow, sure! I'd love to give it a shot! Would you recommend playing with controller or keyboard and mouse?

17LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Fri May 10, 2019 9:03 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
If the support is good(haven't tried KB&M), it would probably play better with a keyboard and mouse, though it does have full button remapping on controller. One of the many things this game does well.
I would also recommend you just run the game at 720p if you can't hold 60fps. The port is atrocious, and the graphics options do nothing. I have tried maxed out at 30fps, and 720p 60, and the game looks identical, it isn't a looker by any means. Framerate is more important here. I would also only recommend Hopeless difficulty if you have balls of steel, and are ok with spending a lot of time just to get through a single section in a level. It will make your play time very long. I literally haven't been able to find someone on youtube who has beaten it with a fresh save on hopeless, it is that hard. Though IMO if this was on ps2, it would default to hopeless, and let you switch if you died a bunch or something. It feels like the way the game was meant to be played. It's hard to even discuss this game because no one talks about it, so there has been 0 tech discovered, or good strats for hopeless etc., that would come from a normal community. Everyone just wrote it off as trash, because the "reviewers" said so.

Will pm the code

18LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Sat May 11, 2019 12:15 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
You weren't kidding about the graphical issues, put everything on low for a 'rock solid' 40fps haha. But my resolution was really high which saw it crash immediately (it tried to get 64gb of ram it said, what the hell).

It is scary to see its page btw. "Extremely Negative reviews" paired with a bad discussion forum complaining about graphical glitches. Going to be fun.

Not sure about starting on the highest setting. I tend to first 'derp' around. I'll keep you posted!

19LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Okay, managed to get the game running at around 40-60fps with no more crashes. Apparently it was Anti Aliassing that was suddenly overflowing my memory.

So far, having a lot of fun. Gameplay is very deep already, and you need it. Often in games I tend to ignore crafting and the such for just pure action, but here you have to. Enemies are relentless, love it. No shortcuts either, no 'bullettime' or things of that nature. Enemies are a bit weak to 'softcover' abuse though, but they sometimes just rush you down. For that one fight in the sewer in Chapter 1 I had to lure them into one spot and flame them, and it didn't kill them so I had to finish them off. Headshots seem to give an 'infinite' of sorts if you pull them off in quick succession.

Just started Chapter 2.

Soundtrack is absolutely fantastic by the by. Playing on Hopeless. Can see why the game is getting bad reviews, it really isn't for casual players so far. I do wish the game had a voice option, the english voices aren't doing it for me.

Game is getting some love though: https://www.reddit.com/r/LEFTALIVE/
That and player-reviews on metacritic are really high, 80+.

20LEFT ALIVE Empty Re: LEFT ALIVE on Sat May 11, 2019 6:23 pm

hedfone

hedfone
C-Rank
I was reading on steam and the only update they did nerfed enemies a bit. The Og release was fucked, it probably needed a change. Each chapter where you start with a new character is rough, as you have nothing. Every chapter has at least one forced battle, and if you haven't prepared and saved everything, you may be shit out of luck and have to restart the chapter. Also, the first time you control a Wanzer that you can actually move around is super tough. It is supposed to be this bad ass moment where you are mowing down everything, but on hopeless it is hard to take out 1 Wanzer, and you have to kill like 3.
I noticed when I would get in a wanzer it would despawn ground enemies, then when I would get out they would respawn. Seemed like a cheap way to keep me from killing mooks with the mech. That was the only true bullshit I saw playing this, everything else was fair enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum