Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daemon X Machina

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Daemon X Machina Empty Daemon X Machina on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:53 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Game has been on my radar for a while now, and it got a demo today for the Switch. Anyone else going to pick this one up?

http://stinger.actieforum.com

2Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:09 am

Birdman

Astral Chain, Bayo 3, and now this. Might be time to look into buying a Switch.

3Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:22 am

Gregorinho

D-Rank
I'm definitely going to give the demo a try. The Switch is getting a nice little collection of action games!

4Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:44 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
This game seemed like it was right up my alley when it was revealed. Going to try the demo soon.

5Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Nadster

B-Rank
I don't have a Switch yet unfortunately.

6Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Gregorinho

D-Rank
Anybody else managed to try the demo yet? I'm playing it now. Unfortunately, performance seems to be very poor - just encountered the first boss sized enemy and the framerate tanked, maybe even in to single figures. Aiming is quite difficult without support for gyro controls, so hopefully there is support for that in the full release.

7Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:00 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Haven't had the chance to try it, will do so this weekend. Heard it performs a lot worse in portable mode so maybe try docking the Switch?

8Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:09 pm

Gregorinho

D-Rank
I was playing in docked mode, I try to avoid playing handheld when possible. At least we can hope that there will be some additional optimisation for the full game.

9Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Played it, sorry I judged so soon Greg, you were absolutely right. The game is very prone to slow-down when things get busy. Personally I don't think this is a game I'll enjoy, it looks fun but the playstyle is very tedious, not sure how to nail that commentary down. If it makes any sense coming from a complete newb on the subject: it feels like a bad Zone of the Enders. It might be trying to do something completely different, not sure. But all in all I didn't enjoy my time with the demo.

10Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:32 am

Gregorinho

D-Rank
No worries Roy - I think we were both hoping for more from this game. Combat seems to be as simple as strafing round targets in a circle and firing whatever gun you have (although it might be a little unfair to judge the whole game's combat off of 4 training missions).

It just doesn't seem like a game that's anywhere near being finished. I've been watching a lot of Armored Core videos on YouTube lately and was hoping this would scratch the same itch. I think it's an interesting game to look at, but not to play.

11Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:31 pm

Infinity_Divide

C-Rank
Didn’t really like the demo. Was expecting something like ZoE2 and this...does not scratch that itch. At all. The performance and color palette also really annoyed me. Maybe there will be a better demo before the full release.

Sent from Topic'it App

12Daemon X Machina Empty Re: Daemon X Machina on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Birdman

Judging from the trailer, it describes it almost like MH with robots.

4 players, huge enemies. Are their builds?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum