Nadster
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Asura's Wrath Empty Asura's Wrath Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:55 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran
Was one of the original users

I'm... surprised that there isn't a topic about this game. How is it?

2Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:30 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

I liked it. The scenes are absolutely insane and put even DBZ to shame.

3Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:24 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War
Expert on all things God of War

I despised it. I was legitimately angry by the failure to live up to the earliest teaser with a Guts-like demi-god waging a war of revenge (stop me if this sounds familiar) against the 'gods' (around the time of Pain in Naruto, as I recall) as another GoW influenced title sort of looking like it had some God Hand elements (but with more grappling). Then I tried the demo. Nope. Then I saw the game. Rage (more a movie than a game, most of the gameplay isn't even BeU, the BeU it has is super simple crap, etc.). What's worse is the foolishness surrounding how people take his place in fiction (in PLs). To think this weaklings feats so amazing is folly (amateur hour analyzation where those bouts are concerned). I wanted much, much more (hard seinen gold Action vidya) than what I got (soft shonen shit non-game). Hulk smash retards deserve jobbing to magic girls (like Asura would *even Bayo would trash him and she's damn weak compared to their kind*).

4Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:36 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

This reminds me I want to give the game a go. It is only 20,- on XBLA for X1X. I won't expect too much. I remember being very excited as well. But the gameplay wasn't as interested as I had wanted going by the demo. But hey. Would make for a fun article.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

5Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:30 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

>fun article
This much is true.

6Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:58 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

I just threw this in for a fun replay the other day. It as fantastic IMO. The cut scenes are just great anime nonsense, but most people praised those. As far as the gameplay, people shit on it. Is it deep? No. Is it fun and well designed? Yes. There is a normal string, a launcher, heavy single hit with a cool down, a dodge, a context sensitive move for downed enemies, and a ranged. It is bare bones but all functions as it should, and feels fine. What is the stand out is the bosses, huge lengthy spectacles that can be a lot of fun to learn, and master. They are few and far between, and I really wish this game was like SoTC and just bosses, instead of the mook battles. The devs made those naruto fighters, and it shows. The combat is best one on one.

The ranking system isn't great.
Play on Hard.

7Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:32 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Bought the game yesterday. Was surprised to see it be so expensive used, so went for the digital version which was much cheaper. Having a lot of fun so far. The music is fantastic, grand visuals too - really a great art-style that I can enjoy. Only did Chapter 1 so far. Just a nice game to play with a drink while relaxing, nothing too intense haha like NGII or something similar.

Why should I play on Hard by the way? I started on Normal as I usually do.

8Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:13 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Bosses will not punish you on normal, meaning you never have to learn them. Hard forces you to actually learn their patterns, and only attack when there is an opening.
I wouldn't recommend it on normal at all. Hard just makes the game, a game. Fighting some of those massive final bosses on hard for the first time was such a memorable experience. Had I played it on normal first, that since of overcoming it would have been robbed.
Also the final chapter is a dlc unfortunately, but it is required.
After you beat the game, look up how to get the true ending, which is s ranking a certain number of stages. Then buy the dlc chapter 14 I think it is.

9Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:28 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I saw a lot of DLC, are they all worth it?

10Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

The spectacle of the final DLC is absolutely absurd.

11Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:59 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

The final ending story is all you need. There are two episode .5 dlcs which are just anime cutscenes you can watch on youtube, they fill in story in between two episodes. The others are street fighter fights against Ryu and Akuma.

12Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 am

GodModeGOD

GodModeGOD
A-Rank
God of War

"Weak. Very weak." - Chalky

NOTE: He wasn't wrong.

13Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Cool!
I played until Chapter 7 I believe yesterday, so far I'm really enjoying it. The combat feels good though the controlelr layout makes me scratch my head at times. Fantastic visual flair and art-design. Good music too. Really liked the Yasha theme during his fight, absolutely fantastic!

14Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:33 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

What about the controller layout in particular?

15Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Using Playstation lingo, having Circle be the main attack button with dodge on a shoulder button feels weird. It feels like this weird unholy fusion of Bayonetta's and Ninja Gaiden's layout, hard to put my finger on it but it feels really weird to controle for me and I'm constantly confused what button is which.

16Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:36 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Dear god this game is insanely hype. Just did the Yasha chapter, absolutely bonkers cool. The mechanics aren't too deep but I'm having a lot of fun with it especially with the launcher. People gave this game way too much flack I feel, though considering the director called this God Hand 2 I can understand hopes were a tad too high.

17Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:38 pm

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

There is a control scheme for attack on square, shoot on circle in the options.
I love when dodge is on the bumpers, the only good decision made for dmc: dmc imo lol.
The game is a great incline of crazy, it never lets up. You always think it can't get crazier, then it gets crazier.

18Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:41 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

Do you have the dive attack from that start? Can't remember. I used it all the time after knocking them away after an air combo.

19Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:51 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah you immediately have all your moves from what I know, at least after the tutorial has past. Really enjoying it, even drawing Asura (with little succes so far haha).

20Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:52 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Finished the game and all its DLC. I can safely say Yasha is my brother. What a hero. Cannot praise the game enough, fantastic soundtrack and the combat is honestly quite fun as well. Getting full S-rank on Hard is not easy so far either.

Love playing as Yasha too and I'm still surprised how many options you have in combat with so few real attacks. There's a lot of little nuances in terms of meter management, aerial projectiles, knowing when enemies are vulnerable.

Storywise I liked it, though I have to admit it was scummy to make the final chapter into DLC. Absolutely fabulous ending too. Really pulled my heartstrings. The Ryu and Akuma DLC was throwaway, but fun.

Glad I started on Hard by the way, thanks for the tip @hedfone !

21Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 am

hedfone

hedfone
A-Rank
Veteran

Nice man! I knew you would love it. Literally everyone who thinks the combat is mindless should have played on hard. It's a damn shame, the bosses are a joke on normal. It's night and day. I wish this game was like souls, one difficulty, hard.
There are a lot of games like that where people view them as shallow/mindless, but that's because they played on normal. I wish most normals were as hard as the psx/ps2 days, but that will never happen again. Normal is usually easy, and easy is for people who have never held a controller.

22Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Survivor

>true hero Yasha
Was that the DLC part? That shit was epic. Brought tears to my eyes.

23Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah that was from the the DLC, but generally speaking I really liked him regardless. The final boss and ending of the DLC is nuts, love it.

I really feel this game is great. Tons of fun. I do have one complaint, and that's replays. I really want to get S-rank across the board, but having to constantly go to the menu, skip all the cutscenes etc. That could've been done better.

I can imagine players mashing their way to victory on Normal. Really wish games has clearer difficulty descriptions or were at least consistent with them. I still remember Yakuza 3 being absolutely bonkers on Hard, while Yakuza 4 was absolutely cake on Hard. A shame.

24Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Lots of little details I missed. You can cancel enemy's attack animations by forcing them into a block with a quick projectileburst, then punish their block with a dash-launcher. It's little things like this that I love.

Playing on Hard with the Mortal Bar. Basically everything is a OHKO mode now. Surprised to see such a modifier in a game like this.

25Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:02 am

TheFirmament1

TheFirmament1
A-Rank

Heard one line from Asura, and immediately looked up to see the voice actor. Same guy as War from Darksiders!

Anyway, looks like that's another game to inevitably distract from the piles of games I'm in the middle of playing, but haven't finished.

26Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:36 am

The_Lord_of_Zeal

The_Lord_of_Zeal
D-Rank

GodModeGOD wrote:I despised it.  I was legitimately angry by the failure to live up to the earliest teaser with a Guts-like demi-god waging a war of revenge (stop me if this sounds familiar) against the 'gods' (around the time of Pain in Naruto, as I recall) as another GoW influenced title sort of looking like it had some God Hand elements (but with more grappling).  Then I tried the demo.  Nope.  Then I saw the game.  Rage (more a movie than a game, most of the gameplay isn't even BeU, the BeU it has is super simple crap, etc.).  What's worse is the foolishness surrounding how people take his place in fiction (in PLs).  To think this weaklings feats so amazing is folly (amateur hour analyzation where those bouts are concerned).  
LoL have you faced the Asuratards, on those VS forums?
Brings back good memories of shattering their realities as they realized their favorite angryman wasn't stronk enough, the meltdown they had were glorious.

I wanted much, much more (hard seinen gold Action vidya) than what I got (soft shonen shit non-game).  Hulk smash retards deserve jobbing to magic girls (like Asura would *even Bayo would trash him and she's damn weak compared to their kind*).
It was a shonen anime with a seinen skin, when I started playing the game, I could literally predict who was who and what was gonna happen next.
It looked pretty good though, especially the anime parts and the illustrations of it.
Worse thing was of course the dlc.

27Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:42 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I never understood why Asura's entire universe is Tier-4 since they stomp universe creators. Making them solar-system level always felt weird to me considering the absolutely bonkers stuff on display. I don't see Dante doing half the stuff Asura does, yet he's two tiers higher according to the Versus Wiki. Though granted, that site is really wonky. Most 40k characters are 4-B which is nuts to me.

Personally really enjoyed the story as far as games go. Loved the rage and also just how it keeps upping the ante. Gameplay is fine, has its own unique twist. Original gameplay footage showed more grabs and enviromental stuff like grabbing pillars, but I think that would've made it far too similar. Now it really plays like a unique action title.

Also Mortal Mode really doesn't fuck around. I approve.

> Asuratards
Play nice!

28Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:19 pm

The_Lord_of_Zeal

The_Lord_of_Zeal
D-Rank

> Asuratards
Play nice!
Sorry, Sorry.

Royta/Raeng wrote:I never understood why Asura's entire universe is Tier-4 since they stomp universe creators. Making them solar-system level always felt weird to me considering the absolutely bonkers stuff on display. I don't see Dante doing half the stuff Asura does, yet he's two tiers higher according to the Versus Wiki. Though granted, that site is really wonky. Most 40k characters are 4-B which is nuts to me.
Take versus battle with a fist full of salt. They take hyperbolic statements as facts, ignore context and assume a crap load of things. For example in their opinion
Dracula from main line Castlevania is universe level, lol.

But Asura is solar system level, possibly below.
Because Chakravartin isn't the creator of the universe but the creator of Gaea and the mantra, the embodiment of the wheel of life. He created the gaea and the life in it and bestowed mantra on it. His goal is to take a successor who would lead the Gaea in his stead and he will go to aid other planets.

And if you look at here

At 5:24:52 and 5:25:16 you can see Asura's size compared to Gaea, If you consider Gaea as Earth then Asura at best would be as big as Uranus, but let's highball and say Asura is as big as Jupiter, then look at 5:27:39 you can see Charavartin constructs a planet and at 5:28:07 and 5:28:19 you can see the size of Asura compared to that planet.
So if you compare their size and if Asura is as big as Jupiter then that planet is slightly bigger than our sun, but Asura actually fails to destroy it, instead he goes through it, unlike the other projectiles Chakravartin throws at him, which he blows up completely, which is why he is lower than solar system level imo.

The only way you can say Asura is solar system level is if you consider the objects at 5:29:15, 5:30:10, 5:30:39 as stars, which imo they're not, as stars blow up with a big boom, whereas these things kinda just fade away.

And only then, you can say he is multi solar system level by you comparing him with Chakravartin, as he created those "stars".
But here's the thing I'd say Chakravartin vs Asura was a plot induced stupidity, because Chakravatin created those objects by presumably reality warping, which for some reason he doesn't use on Asura, even when he wanted to kill Asura, neither does he steal mantra from Asura, which he created and bestowed in the first place.
It's like fights between Silver Surfer and Thor, every time they fight, instead of using his exotic abilities, Surfer just hits Thor with laser beams.

Personally really enjoyed the story as far as games go. Loved the rage and also just how it keeps upping the ante. Gameplay is fine, has its own unique twist. Original gameplay footage showed more grabs and enviromental stuff like grabbing pillars, but I think that would've made it far too similar. Now it really plays like a unique action title.

Also Mortal Mode really doesn't fuck around. I approve.
By the way what's your opinion on the game's anime segments? I personally enjoyed those a lot.

29Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:26 pm

The_Lord_of_Zeal

The_Lord_of_Zeal
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Dear god this game is insanely hype. Just did the Yasha chapter, absolutely bonkers cool. The mechanics aren't too deep but I'm having a lot of fun with it especially with the launcher. People gave this game way too much flack I feel, though considering the director called this God Hand 2 I can understand hopes were a tad too high.
Who knows, it probably would have been like God Hand 2.
I mean technically games like Bouncer was like Asura's wrath, in the sense that some small bits of gameplay and long cut scenes.
For all we know the it probably would have been like a Bouncer meets God Hand with elements of both game, but Capcom probably didn't see much monetary potential in that and said "meh".

30Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Valid points! I admit to not diving in too deep with those things, just take things at face value with some grains of salt. But as you note some things go way overboard, like Castlevania or even Samus thanks to her manga.

Regarding the anime segments, you mean the illustrations? I found they were a bit inconsistent, but very - very cool as well. Really enjoyed them! I don't feel this game is God Hand related in any way though. God Hand was a silly beat'm up with a western style, based on arcade beat'm ups. Asura's Wrath plays different and has a way different atmosphere. The only thing that is partially the same is that you have a hand haha!

31Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Gregorinho

Gregorinho
A-Rank

I do like the look of this game, I might have to get it after seeing it get Roy's seal of approval Razz Is there much of a difference between the PS3 and 360 versions? Would anyone recommend one over another?

32Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:37 am

The_Lord_of_Zeal

The_Lord_of_Zeal
D-Rank

Royta/Raeng wrote:Valid points! I admit to not diving in too deep with those things, just take things at face value with some grains of salt. But as you note some things go way overboard, like Castlevania or even Samus thanks to her manga.
Samus does have some great feats both in her games and her mangas. But there's one feat in her Samus and Joey manga that are a bit crazy, Samus freezing the core of a star.

Regarding the anime segments, you mean the illustrations? I found they were a bit inconsistent, but very - very cool as well.
No, I meant this.

Really enjoyed them! I don't feel this game is God Hand related in any way though. God Hand was a silly beat'm up with a western style, based on arcade beat'm ups. Asura's Wrath plays different and has a way different atmosphere. The only thing that is partially the same is that you have a hand haha!
No, I know it's nothing like God Hand.

But I meant in terms of gameplay or to be more precise in terms of various moves, the roulette etc, it could've been (or who knows probably would've been) like a Bouncer X God hand.
As in it would have a crap load of cutscenes and in between it would have combat which would be similar or kinda similar to God Hand with loads and loads of moves that can be assigned to buttons and depending on your ranking the enemies would get harder, like GH, thus giving you more reasons to replay each chapter.

33Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:52 am

The_Lord_of_Zeal

The_Lord_of_Zeal
D-Rank

Gregorinho wrote:I do like the look of this game, I might have to get it after seeing it get Roy's seal of approval Razz Is there much of a difference between the PS3 and 360 versions? Would anyone recommend one over another?
Afaik there's no difference between the versions, except for some screen tearing in PS3 version which imo isn't that noticeable.
But imo you should buy whichever version is cheapest.

34Asura's Wrath Empty Re: Asura's Wrath Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

@Gregorinho
If you have it, the Xbox One X version runs and looks the best. But otherwise there's no big difference as I recall.

@The_Lord_of_Zeal
Yeah that star-core, as well as black-hole generator (or was it white hole?) was pretty bonkers and elevated her tier pretty substantially.

> anime
Oh! Those were DLC, so I skipped them, was planning on watching them on Youtube but I didn't know they were animated, thought they'd just use the in-game models. They look fantastic though, really well animated. Going to give them a propper watch tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum