Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

Warriors Series

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Warriors Series on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
I should put this topic for all of the DW SW WO etc or otherwise I will flood the Board due with the yearly installments of DW alone.

View user profile

2 Re: Warriors Series on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
So what do you like more? The classic Warriors or the modern Warriors? I haven't played Dynasty Warriors 9 but I am sure that it is like the modern Warriors but it is open world. I feel like 6 is the middle ground.

View user profile

3 Re: Warriors Series on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:59 pm

Good question, I've never actually played a single game in the series (or even Musou sub-genre to begin with). Only once eyed that Zelda spin-off once. Which would you say is the best one?

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

4 Re: Warriors Series on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
Well what systems do you have? Include handhelds too please if you have any.

View user profile

5 Re: Warriors Series on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:43 pm

The only Musou game I’ve played is Ken’s Rage. I thought it was decent, a pretty good challenge from what I remember and a great soundtrack. Plus it’s Fist of the North Star, kind of hard to not like it.

View user profile

6 Re: Warriors Series on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:24 pm

Birdman

I started with DW3 so back when they hadn't done the concept to death. Got every weapon and rare item. Still have the save.

I'm not too familiar with the mechanics of the modern ones, but DW3 had this thing called push guard, where if you pressed something (forgot which button) while guarding, right as the enemy's attack connected, there would be a shockwave then made them slide back a few feet.

It didn't stop them attacking though, it just pushed them out and they stayed in the animation and could continue. You see this in certain fighting games.

It allowed you to interrupt strings, though I never found it that useful against the AI for the most part. They would use it a lot though. I used to play a lot of Vs mode with my brother and that's where it mattered most.

There was a bit of tech, like how certain attacks in a string would do something. If you caught a blocking enemy with Sun Shang's last hit of her combo, the one where she spins that ring weapon (whatever it's called) that hits multiple times, the last hit would always hit blocking enemies.

The reason because the way it spun around would actually make the enemy starting turning while stuck in blockstun and the final hit would connect behind their guard.

I remember Jiang Wei's jumping attack to be really good. It was a linear downward stab but could be done multiple times and you could jump in with it. You could just it to juggle too.

If I booted it up I'd probably remember a ton of other stuff.

Played DW4 a lot. Loved the bodyguard system though it was pretty basic. You could choose a class, but the stats you gained per level were different. You could get ranks like Phoenix or Tiger, and this determined their element. To get the best one you had to switch between classes to level up like in Dragon's Dogma. Actually, I'm not sure if it there was really a best one.

They removed push block and added a counter instead. While blocking, you pressed something and they'd do this deflect type animation. You had to time this with the enemy's attack and if successful your character would do a unique attack but it would only knock enemies away. Barely used it.

I quit the DW series around DW5 and Orochi 1. Those added some cool things though.

I really liked Hokuto Musou. Each character was VERY different, especially Mamiya. She was so fun to play.

View user profile

7 Re: Warriors Series on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:29 am

I've only played Dynasty Warriors NEXT on Vita, it was fun for a few short sessions but it didn't grip me. To any series fans - which titles have the most interesting combat systems/mechanics?

View user profile

8 Re: Warriors Series on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:54 am

Nadster

C-Rank
To put it shortly, the classic Warriors games(at least in Dynasty Warriors) has this somewhat realistic feel to it. The Modern Warriors is a fast paced feel with multiple weapons. The one I play and like the most would be: Dynasty Warriors Next(Great imo as long as you can overlook the clones and minigames), Samurai Warriors 2 XL, Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires, Dynasty Warriors 8XLCE, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate(even though Hyper is good as well.), and Hyrule Warriors (even though I only played it once).

View user profile

9 Re: Warriors Series on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:03 am

Nadster

C-Rank
@Gregorinho wrote:I've only played Dynasty Warriors NEXT on Vita, it was fun for a few short sessions but it didn't grip me. To any series fans - which titles have the most interesting combat systems/mechanics?

I'd say 6 and 8 for different reasons. I only played 6E but it is interesting because it has rolling and parrying.
Not to mention that you can attack forever with the regular attacks. Also no matter how far you press that one button, Square or X, the charge attacks are always the same. I'm not kidding.

As for 8XLCE, you can Switch between two weapons with the triangle system. Not to mention the weapons has various strengths plus the two meters.

View user profile

10 Re: Warriors Series on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:29 am

Birdman

To any series fans - which titles have the most interesting combat systems/mechanics?
I only know of the ones I listed. Do you know if push block or bodyguards were in the later games?

View user profile

11 Re: Warriors Series on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
DW8XLCE has bodyguards. You can't use them in Story Mode though.

View user profile

12 Re: Warriors Series on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:38 am

Nadster

C-Rank
The original Dynasty Warriors was a fighting game on PS1.

View user profile

13 Re: Warriors Series on Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:01 am

Birdman

Played it many years ago. I remember it had two types of attack; thrust and horizontal, and a two types of dodge to counter these.

Here's something that might interest you. Have you played Destrega? When you beat 1p Battle mode (arcade) you get a DW1 skin for that character.

View user profile

14 Re: Warriors Series on Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Nadster

C-Rank
Never played it before.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum