Working on the new site, main url might break from time to time for few days. Use http://stinger.actieforum.com/

You are not connected. Please login or register

Otogi: Myth of Demons

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Otogi: Myth of Demons on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Nadster

D-Rank
This is a Hack and Slash game developed by From and Published by Sega. I wanted to make a topic about this. I haven't beaten the game but I can answer questions to the best of my ability. Feel free to have general discussions too.

View user profile

2 Re: Otogi: Myth of Demons on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:31 pm

Nadster

D-Rank
When you start, you will be greeted with dialog of the story and a cutscene. Then you'll be treated with the opening level. After that will be another cutscene. Finally, you will be taken to the main menu.

First is Stage: It has Start and Creatures along with an announcer. Start is simple enough and Creatures will show you the demons you will run into with pictures and descriptions of them. There is also a Slain meter.

Equip is a menu where you will select any Weapon, Magic, and Accessory once you have it.

Shop is where the Princess is. You can buy and sell Weapons, Magic, and Accessories. You can also repair your weapons as well.

Cleared Stages is a menu where you can replay the levels you have beaten.

Options is where you can Save, Load, change the way you want use your controller with Type A to C, Return to the Title Screen, and finally go the Settings Menu. It is listed as Configuration. There is Vibration, Captions(also known as Subtitles), Switch Voice which only has English and Japanese, BGM Volume, Voice Volume, SE Volume, and Brightness.

View user profile

3 Re: Otogi: Myth of Demons on Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:41 pm

Nadster

D-Rank
Not to mention that there is two kinds of time in the game. One is the usual how long you have been in this level and the other is where you have two life bars in a sense. The purple magic and the green health. When you take damage one of the green orbs will decrease, but as long as the magic is still there, it will recover in time.

Unfortunately the magic decreases over time. If you do not fill it back up, then the color green goes to red and you will slowly die.

View user profile

4 Re: Otogi: Myth of Demons on Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:33 am

Birdman

I used to play this a lot but I can't remember exactly how the combat works.

At first glance it seems similar to Shinobi, where you dash to other enemies and you can chain dashes in the air. Don't remember what the limit is. I remember the health drain thing but not the exact mechanics.

For some reason I clearly remember the destruction mechanics, probably because it's something you never see in action games. Pretty much everything in the game can be smashed to pieces. There's even a rank requirement for it.

And when you smash something, the pieces go flying in the direction you sent them and can destroy other objects or hurt enemies. I've smashed a pillar and had the pieces destroyed like 3 more in a row. Stuff like that. Pretty unique mechanic.

I wonder how much stress that was on the console? But OG Xbox was more powerful than PS2 wasn't it?

View user profile

5 Re: Otogi: Myth of Demons on Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:18 am

Nadster

D-Rank
Yeah the OG Xbox was more powerful. It made third-party games play better like the original Max Payne. Anyway, I played the game again and it wasn't making any unusual noises.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]