You are not connected. Please login or register

Any interest in the new Spiderman?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Any interest in the new Spiderman? on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:39 am

Birdman

Could be decent I guess. Might give it a rental.

View user profile

2 Re: Any interest in the new Spiderman? on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:18 pm

I'm waiting for a pricedrop. It's a game that looks to have a lot of fun elements, but is also swarming with propaganda and politics from what I've heard. I don't mind either view, but I dislike it when it is in games most of the time. Combat looks interesting. Heard SBK might pick it up.

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

3 Re: Any interest in the new Spiderman? on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 am

Birdman

Watched a few boss fight and they seem seriously on rails with non stop cinematics.

View user profile

4 Re: Any interest in the new Spiderman? on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:01 am

The general combat seems good with tons of options, ring outs and mobility. That said, it is still trapped in a AAA slugfest of 'emotions', politics and other unskippable drivvel. I'll get the GotY edition with all the DLC at a discount in a year or so.

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

5 Re: Any interest in the new Spiderman? on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 am

Birdman

True, the regular fights look far better. I only watched a few that seemed to boil down to waiting until the boss had finished a rampage, then attack during an opening. If all the gadgets and moves work it could be quite good, but I've mostly seen players just do a regular combo probably in which you just hammer the square button.

Having watched a few more fights, the Rhino boss looks decent. You fight him in one of those shipping container yards and you can cause things like containers to drop, or make a crane hook swing into him. Really reminded me of the Mr.Freeze fights. Hopefully they rest aren't like Arkham where you have to deal with them a certain way.

In regular combat I've seen a few cool things but really can't say for sure until I rent it. It looks like it would be really fun to play by never touching the ground.

View user profile

6 Re: Any interest in the new Spiderman? on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:03 am

I'll probably get this when the price hits $20 or so. It's been awhile since I've played a good Spidey game. Shame about the political stuff, but as long as the game is fun it's kind of whatever to me. Did you all see the coordinated articles about this game? The ones talking about how the police are out of date or some shit? Good lord when will these terrible sites die.

Also, this is the funniest thing I've seen all week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngORPZj4wwY

View user profile

7 Re: Any interest in the new Spiderman? on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:22 am

Birdman

Yeah that the police were friendly allies when they should be gunning down black people lol.

Then there's the Ciri debacle.

Or how in the latest Tomb Raider, white Lara is running around Peru 'helping' all the brown people. They're going to hate this game further in, where you are actually gunning down these people. At least Lara doesn't look like man...yet.

People are getting sick of this shit though. It's just an extremely vocal minority of useless people, with no lives nor purpose. They are trash and they know it, but they've finally found this pathetic cause to give meaning to their worthless lives.

View user profile

8 Re: Any interest in the new Spiderman? on Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 am

Unaware of the politics spoken of, nor do I care. But I’d quite like to get this when there’s a price drop and to see what the DLC/patches will offer(NG+ is confirmed, if not already released). The combat and traversal look quality and the different suit powers offer a lot of variety/utility(many are pretty OP). As for the bosses, it’s got some one of a kind encounters for the series. If you don’t mind spoilers: There’s the fight with Rhino that was mentioned, it’s actually Rhino and Scorpion at once; Vulture and Shocker are also fought together in a sick aerial battle. They’ve all been fought before of course, but never in pairs which really adds a new dynamic. It’s also the 1st time Mister Negative is a villain in a spidey game(or at least given primary antagonist status).

In the mean time I’m going to play a few other good Spidey games, those being Spider-Man: Web of Shadows: Great spidey combat, super dynamic and unique; also great web slinging and bosses.

Shattered Dimensions: Fully linear for a change with 4 different spider mans with distinct artstyles/gameplay, each stage features a boss encountered throughout the stage.

As well as Edge of Time: Sorta sequel to Shattered Dimensions but just with Amazing and 2099 spideys playable, don’t know much else but looks solid.

Might replay Ultimate Spider-Man(PS2)if I can find my copy.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum