You are not connected. Please login or register

Nex Machina

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nex Machina Empty Nex Machina Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Veteran
Was one of the original users
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic

This is easily the BEST twin stick shooter I've ever played.

If you have any interest, you have to watch this video. Tons of info, but it's quite long.

2Nex Machina Empty Re: Nex Machina Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Can you tell me in your own words what you like so much about it? I have heard a lot about it so I'm quite curious.

https://stinger.actieforum.com

3Nex Machina Empty Re: Nex Machina Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:23 am

Birdman

SSS-Rank
The Stinger that Stung
Veteran
The Bird
Master of Chaos Legion, Okami and Lollipop Chainsaw
Survivor

Probably not. I suck ass at explaining stuff.

As I've mentioned before, I have come to love these types of games, and this is the one that I feel is the best. This is just my opinion of course.

There's no loot, no level ups, just pure gameplay. Easy to pick up and play and just blast stuff for barrels of simple fun, but also has a deep scoring system for huge replayability. I've played this one the least though due to time and but more because I know once I start a game like this (or NG) I will not stop until I'm pro which will likely cost my soul and I have other stuff to finish.

That's it really. The video explains this all in more complicated terms with like 4 experts speaking on it at once that go over all of the mechanics.

4Nex Machina Empty Re: Nex Machina Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:29 am

Nadster

A-Rank
Veteran

Oh man! I love this game. Simple and straight to the point. It was one of the two games that made me really want a PS4.

5Nex Machina Empty Re: Nex Machina Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:47 pm

KSubzero1000

KSubzero1000
C-Rank

I would like to second that recommendation and profess my love for Nex Machina as well.

Easy to learn, but incredibly hard to master. Tight, responsive controls. Fantastic audiovisual presentation that almost never sacrifices readability or frame rate in favor of flashy special effects, which is obviously really important for this type of game.

There is a lot that goes into the optimization aspect of things, such as how to keep the multiplier alive by careful timing of the human pickups. The different weapons are surprisingly varied, each with their little touches and properties that force the player to re-adjust their strategies and priorities.

The best part about this game is probably the stage design. Every area has its own pre-determined flow, secrets and unique enemy encounter design. It's really remarkable how every single stage manages to feel so completely unique while also part of a cohesive whole, if that makes sense.

Like all shmups and twin-stick shooters, it does require a large amount of memorization in order to go for high scores, which can be a bit of a deal-breaker for some people. I once dedicated an entire week to learning and mastering the game, and the incredible sense of satisfaction I felt after pulling off a near-perfect run definitely puts it up there as one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had in video games. I'm sure I've been knocked down the leaderboards by now, but still.

Brilliant game overall. If any of you have any interest in western-developed twin-stick shooters but only have the time to play one, you could do a lot worse than NM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]