You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you have/want an Xbox One?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Do you have/want an Xbox One? on Sun 22 Jul 2018 - 5:59

Birdman

After playing Alan Wake, I've become a bit of a fan of Remedy and want to play Quantum Break. Sadly I don't have an X1 and have never had a reason to buy one. I was planning to get one but then Scalebound got cancelled.

I started looking into what's out on X1 these days to see if I can justify buying one. I wouldn't buy a new console for QB, because I can already see it isn't worth it. I just want to play it.

Just looked into Recore. Keiji Inafune had some part in it. Doesn't seem that many liked it but I think it looks fun.

View user profile

2 Re: Do you have/want an Xbox One? on Sun 22 Jul 2018 - 10:33

I was thinking about getting one on the cheap one day for Ninja Gaiden Black and Quantum Break, but decided against it. I'd be a much better investment to get a good PC since that also has Quantum Break, and Ninja Gaiden Black apparently had a bad port with input drops so I'll just stick to the X360 version. Other than that, not really that interested in it imo.

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

3 Re: Do you have/want an Xbox One? on Sun 22 Jul 2018 - 11:31

Birdman

What do you think of Recore?

I like the movement and arcadey combat. It would be cool if the robots were totally customizable too.

My sister's boyfriend has an unused X1 so I might grab QB and Recore and borrow it for a few weeks. Both those games are really cheap for some reason.

View user profile

4 Re: Do you have/want an Xbox One? on Thu 26 Jul 2018 - 7:25

Nope, the Xbone exclusives I’m interested in are also on PC(Cuphead), so I’d rather spend that money saving up for the latter.

View user profile

5 Re: Do you have/want an Xbox One? on Fri 27 Jul 2018 - 6:29

Birdman

Sunset Overdrive looks fun. I've only watched one review to see what it looks like, but I get the feeling I might enjoy. Looks like it has a lot of weird weapons with unique properties, and traversal looks like barrels of fun.

View user profile

6 Re: Do you have/want an Xbox One? on Fri 27 Jul 2018 - 8:57

Sunset looked really fun too, but got blasted by reviews. So that must mean it is pretty good. Still, I believe it was also on PC.

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

7 Re: Do you have/want an Xbox One? on Fri 27 Jul 2018 - 9:43

Birdman

I've got a better chance of getting a console that a PC though.

SO definitely looks like a fun shooter. If the weapons and effects on enemies have enough variety, I could see myself playing this for a while. It's one of the reason Transformers (2004 PS2) has so much replay value.

I like how you can be grinding on a rail and still dodge, or even go the opposite way. I can imagine top gameplay would be never touching the ground while using every piece of the environment to run circles around enemies/bosses while blasting them.

So, there's three X1 games I want to play, though QB looks like no more than a cinematic shooter than I wouldn't replay. Only interested because of Alan Wake. Recore looks highly replayable but will depend on length and if the guns and robots offer much variety.

Edit: Forgot to say, I'm getting a huge Lollipop Chainsaw vibe from it for some reason. I guess it's the colorful, cartooney graphics style and craziness of it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum