You are not connected. Please login or register

Control - by Remedy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Control - by Remedy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:26 am

If Bullet Witch can have a place in the Action Games portion, so can this. Made by the brilliant people behind Max Payne and the underloved Alan Wake, comes Control. Looks really interesting in how you can use the enviroment to kill things.

View user profile http://stinger.actieforum.com

2 Re: Control - by Remedy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:34 am

Birdman

Looks awesome.

View user profile

3 Re: Control - by Remedy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Yeah this looks sick. Reminds me of a much more interesting Quantum Break. We should see more later this week I believe. The powers look awesome, and I loved the tone of the whole thing. This is the most trippy thing they've ever made. Also, 1:13-1:17 reminds me of Max 3 shooting! Great to see that! Now we just need a shoot-dodge and my life will be complete.

Speaking of which, you guys need to check this trailer out, it looks like a over-the-top 2D Max Payne game:

View user profile

4 Re: Control - by Remedy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm

Birdman

I was just thinking of Quantum Break. Only seen a few videos and it's Xbox only so I never got to play it.

That game hit the bargain bins here very early. I wonder what happened to it? Was it any good?

View user profile

5 Re: Control - by Remedy on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 am

I honestly haven't played Quantum Break because I don't have an Xbone or a great PC, but I've heard it's Remedy's weakest game by a considerable margin. Not bad, but nothing too special either. It didn't sell very well in general so I doubt we'll see a sequel. I just thought the time effects looked similar to QB. Excited to see more about this. I think there is gonna be a dev interview later on.

View user profile

6 Re: Control - by Remedy on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

Quantum Break is by the same developers, and I think I heard somewhere this is a sequel to it in a sense (think Demon's Souls to Dark Souls, or DMC4 to Bayonetta). The game mostly had a balance problem from what I know with your powers being cool and all, but playing it as a coverbased shooter was just too easy and overpowered. Level design also felt rushed, but the game and its production was heavily held back by it also being a tv-series I think - which was integrated into the game (somehow).

7 Re: Control - by Remedy on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 am

Birdman

I still haven't finished Alan Wake, only played the first chapter I think, but it also played out like a tv show. It was kinda odd.

View user profile

8 Re: Control - by Remedy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:12 am

The TV series was the biggest thing that bogged it down, and that's coming from Remedy developers. They always give off the impression in interviews that QB was just "okay". Even they seem kind of iffy about the whole thing. This game is supposed to have a much greater emphasis on game play and Metroidvania style exploration, so I don't think the story is going to quite as involved as Alan Wake or QB. Basically think Max 1+2. Obviously story is important in those games, but the dumb fun of it all is the main draw.

I liked Alan Wake overall, I wouldn't say it was great though. A sequel has the potential to be something really special however. Hopefully they get the chance to make one.

View user profile

9 Re: Control - by Remedy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Gameplay demo; looks really interesting so far, but I'm also a bit cautious about it. The shield looks great, but with most abilities I always wonder "why throw things when you can head shot".

10 Re: Control - by Remedy on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 am

Birdman

Reminds me of the stasis field in Gravity Rush 2. Pick up and throw shit. Also Dead Space 2.

The gun looks interesting. Did it change shape to use different types of shots? Hard to see with all that shit flying around.

View user profile

11 Re: Control - by Remedy on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:50 am

Shoot bangs with telekinesis? Looks like a better version of Psi ops: the mind gate conspiracy(there’s a fair few shoot bangs/telekinesis games around, what with physics being a thing, especially the early 2000s)

Yeh this looks like a better version of Quantum Break, which had too much story interference, I mean this is the total amount of actual gameplay, courtesy of Bick Benedict(have you invited him to the site Roy? I’d love to hear his thoughts on games here):

This play through is amusing, he goes from apologising for shitting on the game, then by the end he says fuck this game and even leaves a tweet to remedy about it at the end that says “This game is shit and you know it” haha. Good Ol Bick.

View user profile

12 Re: Control - by Remedy on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:27 am

Psi Ops...now there's a game I haven't heard of in a while. I could never play it since I didn't have a PS2 growing up, but it always caught my eye.

And yeah it really does look like a buffed Quantum Break. 

> Bick
Numerous times has he received an invitation, but he isn't up for it. I think his mental health issues need to be solved first in his eyes, he's really struggling from what I heard. We sometimes converse on Twitter.

13 Re: Control - by Remedy on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:00 pm

@-Kajiwotore- wrote:Speaking of which, you guys need to check this trailer out, it looks like a over-the-top 2D Max Payne game:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was originally a Newgrounds game, i played that game when it was still on the front page years ago, wow. So cool its getting a proper release for a sequel, Devolver Digital knows whats up that's for sure.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum