You are not connected. Please login or register

Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:29 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Was one of the original users
Survivor
Lived through the infamous "Mentally Challenged" Souls topic
The Stinger that Stung
Passionate players that posted more than 1000 times!
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Great run by Orlin and SoundDreamer. Thought I'd share :)

https://stinger.actieforum.com

2Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:58 pm

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Two of the few guys still playing this game. I start thinking that if KT doesn't produce a new NG game, NG players will slowly extinct.

More on topic, these team speedruns look really cool, they show a lot of experience in boss fights.

Kinda on and off topic both: I'm developing a decent consistency at fighting enemies, but these videos remind me how much I suck at bosses. I still suck at Genshin, which should be easy after years I've been fighting him. The fact is that the best part of the game, and the thing you mostly do in it, is fighting enemies. So, even if I have amny hours in the game, I still have a just a few hours in boss fights. Paradoxally, the boss I can fight more consistently is the tengu with Momiji, because I replayed her chapter a couple of times and also because it's very easy with Momiji counters.

Let alone Fiend Genshin and Elizabeth. Though, for Elizabeth I'm just trying to get consistent at her loop and I'll save fighting her properly for last (sorry for poor english here). Volf is a boss I still have difficulty with, but I find it very enjoyable, it has some fun mechanics. In NG3RE he is more "exterme" in his concepts. If I didn't watch videos from these guys I could never figure out his weaknesses.

These guys are incredibly knowledgeable of boss fights because they have spent so many time in mission mode. I'll have to make a couple of saves in chapter challenge so I can practice bosses at will.

3Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

It will slowly die out for sure, though there will always be some fans (Bick, Big Al, JTB, me) that will preach about it until the day we die. NGB had such a legacy in the genre it will be mentioned for a long time, downside is that next generations just won't play it (or enjoy it, since the game has a lot of design conventions that just don't jibe with the current generation).

It's funny you mention the bosses though. Perhaps its my practice for UN1 and UN2 in NGS2, but the bosses aren't that hard to me anymore, I can almost 'feel' out their next attack even after years of not playing this title. I think what works best is to learn how to fight them WITHOUT loops. I struggled for a long time against Volf without the BotA loop, so I just made a save before him and did that fight for a few hours a day with all weapons until I no damaged him with each one. I highly recommend this and it is really fun. M0aninr0nin (who still remembers him!) was a classy player that taught me this, as he had videos of him doing all bosses with all weapons showing the most basic and easy way to beat them with that weapon.

I really miss that community drive that UN1 and UN2 had, that players needed each other to be good so everyone taught tactics and researched. Good times.

4Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

I don't use loops except for Elizabeth. But the fact is that I never play mission mode.

5Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

You were situated in England, right? Or did I remember wrong? If so, we can co-op one time if you want. See how INSANELY HORRIBLE the lag is haha.

6Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Royta/Raeng wrote:You were situated in England, right? Or did I remember wrong? If so, we can co-op one time if you want. See how INSANELY HORRIBLE the lag is haha.
I'm not in England, but actually yesterday I played on fightcade with some french and the lag was terrible. It reminds me how much I hate playing games online and how much I would like to take distance from it. Though, I really appreciate the proposal, thanks anyway.

Personal opinion, online play is the second worst enemies of action game after rpg mechanics.

7Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

I don't mind Online Play as an option, but it is hard to build around. I liked the way Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge did it, in terms that the missions were just the way they were, solo or duo. Though this did result in a few 'nearly impossible' ones. It is still my goal to one day beat them all solo, but that will...take some work haha.

Still, online play - like any form of co-op - adds so much to a game. I hated Vanilla NG3 yet I played nearly 200 hours in it because I had a co-op buddy in Plaz and Phandral at the time. Same with Nioh. 
That said the mechanic behind it needs to be solid. Bayonetta and Nioh have a smart 'online' system in that it tries to sync up the enemy YOU are fighting up with you, so dividing enemies works and feels lag-free. NGS2 had a horrible netcode though.

Cool to hear about Fightcade, used to be on there a lot too. Fun to toy around with!

8Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 am

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Cool to hear about Fightcade, used to be on there a lot too. Fun to toy around with!
Kinda... I play SFIII 3rd Strike. Teching throws, blocking overheads and doing parries in that game is foundamental and takes timing. With lag, it's impossible to react to overheads, impossible to parry things like slow divekicks on reaction, and impossible to tech throw without mashing the tech while the opponent is yet out of range. I don't know if the problem is fightcade itself or my connection, though it's very unplayable. Also doesn't help that there's not much people playing in my region. The game, storycally, is strong in Japan, America, France and England, the rest of the world does not bother.

9Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Yeah I played a lot of SFIII too on fightcade, it isn't made for that system. I main Twelve so I'm very reliant on my parry game and mixups, so not being able to parry that obvious Gouki setup is annoying. Have good memories of playing in the Japanese arcades though. Was really fun playing with some experts there.

Fightcade worked fine with me for SF2 though, which I loved playing.

10Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

@Royta: agreed, SFII was playable. Props for maining Twelve. The lowest tier character I mained has been Necro. The other two mains I've had throught the years have been pretty high though: Ken and Dudley.

Are you any good at fighting games?

11Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:04 am

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Define "any good" haha. I played Brawl at a professional level, even shortly becoming Europe's highest ranked Ike and Bowser player. But that's about it. I am pretty good at SF2 and decent at 3. I could hold my own in the Japanese arcades in SF2 using Guile which is something I'm quite proud of. I am absolute shit at SF5 though.

If you want we can try and play a match one day in SF2 via fightcade!

12Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

I used the expression "any good" but I don't know if it was the most appropriate, I can speak english fluently but I don't have a great mastery of the language.

Though I wouldn't play SFII because I'm trash at it (at all fighting games). I'd like to become good at them but I would like to do it in an offline environment.

I don't know if it would pertain here, but we could open a fighting games section if any could be interested.

13Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Offline is by far the best way to learn, and also the most fun to play. I sometimes just have a few matches with friends that don't mind losing on and off haha. And in terms of fighting section, nawh. You can make a topic about it in Other Games if you want. Don't want to make this forum a maze of subsections haha ;p

You getting the Anniversary Version of SF?

14Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

What is the qanniversary version? I'm not getting any fighting game anyways because I don't have people to play them offline.

Theoretically I have some friends that are into fighting games and have cabs and boards, but they play like five minutes, then they wanna change game, play other five minutes, then change again. I don't like that.

15Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Royta/Raeng

Royta/Raeng
Admin
Veteran
Survivor
The Stinger that Stung
Through fire and flame
Ninja Gaiden II expert

Anniversary Edition is coming out soon. Has all the versions of Street Fighter with some having online modes (SF2, SF2ST, SF3S, Alpha2). 

I actually had a friend who wasn't that great, but he could take a beating for hours on end. Pretty impressive. He never gave up.

16Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Empty Re: Ultimate Ninja 02 speedrun video Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:36 am

Dark_Blood_NG

C-Rank
Veteran

Your friend sounds like me. But no, I'm not getting the anniversary edition: why pay for something we already have?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum